VaporShark DNA 40 Possible Issues? Help needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
Hi All,

I recently purchased a used (about 2 week old) Vaporshark DNA 40. As I am waiting for my nickel to arrive, I have been using the prebuilt Kanger Nickel coils in my sub tank mini.

I have noticed the following issues:

1. After the mod itself sits unused for 15-20 minutes, when pressing the fire button it may, or may not heat up to the desired temp setting (380-400 degrees). However, unseating and reseating the tank, selecting new coil, will result it proper firing, until it rests again.

2. Temperature protection kicks in almost immediately. My normal settings are 380-400 degrees and 10-20 watts, depending on how much vapor I want.

3. After a full charge and just a few minutes of use, the battery indicator can drop all the way to empty. It does resume to normal, but it definitely drops all the way down.

4. Finally, the temperature of the mod, tank, liquid can get very, very hot. To put it in perspective, I use a delrin drip tip and the vapor, coming through the tip can be so hot that it does not burn me, but it is probably not far from doing so.

Given all of that, can these "symptoms" simply be a result of faulty prebuilt coils, or is it possible that I have a faulty mod?

Thanks so much for any insight you can provide!

Last edited:

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
obvious question but have you tried with a new coil??

I have. Very similar issues, but not as frequent, or as often. I am hoping the RBA base and my own build may help matters, but there is a lot going on overall, so a larger issue has me concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I haven't any first hand experience as yet but its my recollection that the mini seems to have more issues with this than the nano for reasons that remain unclear (at least to me). I'd like to know as I have both and was really looking to the RBA deck on the mini as my first port of call for a Ni build...

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
I haven't any first hand experience as yet but its my recollection that the mini seems to have more issues with this than the nano for reasons that remain unclear (at least to me). I'd like to know as I have both and was really looking to the RBA deck on the mini as my first port of call for a Ni build...

Yep. Definitely the subtank.

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
Your typical temperatures are going to probably be higher.
When the mod refines, adjust temperature to work properly.

Again, this.

Your temps are too low. Don't be tied to a specific temperature, raise it to get the vape you want. When it comes to temp control, the temperature setting has far more effect than the wattage setting, for the most part, and MUST be part of what you adjust, fully, to get a good vape.

The battery issue is one of two things. If it happens once upon wakeup and not after, that is normal. That is the meter "waking up" and you should read the meter after you are done vaping.

If it happens while you have been vaping for a while, the problem is with your battery contacts.

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
Again, this.

Your temps are too low. Don't be tied to a specific temperature, raise it to get the vape you want. When it comes to temp control, the temperature setting has far more effect than the wattage setting, for the most part, and MUST be part of what you adjust, fully, to get a good vape.

The battery issue is one of two things. If it happens once upon wakeup and not after, that is normal. That is the meter "waking up" and you should read the meter after you are done vaping.

If it happens while you have been vaping for a while, the problem is with your battery contacts.

The battery charge drop ONLY occurs with the nickel stock coils - it does not happen with a Kanthal build. So, I am attributing it to the coils and will see what happens when my nickel arrives and I use the RBA base. Hoping that resolves these inconsistencies and yes, I will up the temperature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread