Vaporshark releases the DNA 40 (DNA not rDNA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Can anyone comment on the battery life of the DNA40? I am trying to decide between the rDNA and the small one.
They both use the same battery (LG HE2 2500mah). The rDNA is user replaceable, the dna isn't (soldered). The size is great for carrying around and with zip charging, it takes a little over an hour to fully charge from "Weak Battery."

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
This has probs been discussed already but how easy would it be to replace the battery in this thing?
If you have a soldering iron and know how to use it, not that hard. They have a service to replace the battery for $25 if you don't know how.

I replaced a lipo in my DNA30 and it took about 5 mins.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
If you have a soldering iron and know how to use it, not that hard. They have a service to replace the battery for $25 if you don't know how.

I replaced a lipo in my DNA30 and it took about 5 mins.
Ok. That's great. I haven't opened it up yet to have a look but that is good info. Thanks!!

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I can't find a DNA40 but here's their DNA30. It's about the same.

wggcA7Z.jpg

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Just looked on VS' site and they have the no warranty DNA40's for $80 with free juice. $68 with code : sharkweek.

Wow, $80.00 without a warranty , sounds like a deal especially if the warranty is for 3 months . I don't know if these models are mostly trouble free now but i would hope so.

Oh never mind , i was thinking Rdna40

Last edited:

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
Wow, $80.00 without a warranty , sounds like a deal especially if the warranty is for 3 months . I don't know if these models are mostly trouble free now but i would hope so.

Oh never mind , i was thinking Rdna40
I got one of the "no atty lock" DNA 40's that were on sale from VS and I can guarantee you it's a rock solid screen scrambling, glitch-ified, scroll-a-nated device. Love my little Glitchina though, she's my tiny stealth vape.

Reactions: KTMRider

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I think I posted this once. I bought a no-warranty one last month too. There was no screen glitch and I prefer the power lock over the atty lock. It was working great for the first few days. On the 5th day, when I pressed the fire button, it wouldn't stop when I let go. I had to unscrew the atomizer to make it stop. I tried again a few times and it was very repeatable. As you may or may not know, the fire button is a separate board and not part of the DNA40 board. I called VS and at first, they said that there's no warranty but when I explained what was going on, they agreed to replace it with another no-warranty DNA40 since it was within their 7 day return policy. They sent me a return label. I sent it in and received another one within a week from sending it. The replacement was supposed to be another no-warranty version with power lock but I got a new one with atty lock. It works perfectly but wished it had power lock rather than atty lock, even if it glitched.

And that is why I'm a loyal VS customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread