Vaporshark releases the DNA 40 (DNA not rDNA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
I'm thinkin here, I love my little Glitcheena aka dna 40 sans atty lock but thinkin about either about selling her or doin a board swap for a board with atty lock. How hard would it be to do a swap? I already have experience with swapping chipsets, soldering etc. Just wondering if it I'll be worth it.

Azarias

May 25, 2015
Illinois
I'm thinkin here, I love my little Glitcheena aka DNA 40 sans atty lock but thinkin about either about selling her or doin a board swap for a board with atty lock. How hard would it be to do a swap? I already have experience with swapping chipsets, soldering etc. Just wondering if it I'll be worth it.
It's doable. But seriously: I have one DNA40 with attylock and one without. The difference in performance is marginal IMO

Reactions: AtmizrOpin

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
It's doable. But seriously: I have one DNA40 with attylock and one without. The difference in performance is marginal IMO
I don't even think atty lock is necessary as long as your connection is solid. My gripe is the floating resistance with some of my RTA's, .01-.03 ohms in some cases. My builds are solid, however that weak spring in the 510 connection of the Vaporshark could be a lot stiffer. Maybe I'll just put stronger spring in.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I don't even think atty lock is necessary as long as your connection is solid. My gripe is the floating resistance with some of my RTA's, .01-.03 ohms in some cases. My builds are solid, however that weak spring in the 510 connection of the Vaporshark could be a lot stiffer. Maybe I'll just put stronger spring in.
The VS 510 is solid. I would look at your atomizers to fix the floating resistance issue.

Everyone likes to think their builds are solid but if you have a floating resistance issue on a VS mod (or Hana), it's either your build or your atomizer. The VS 510 has a pretty strong spring and it's never been an issue on my mods. I have had floating resistance issues and it was usually my atomizer but once in a while it was my build.

If you want to see a weak spring, check out a FDV v4 510.

Reactions: Woofer

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
The VS 510 is solid. I would look at your atomizers to fix the floating resistance issue.

Everyone likes to think their builds are solid but if you have a floating resistance issue on a VS mod (or Hana), it's either your build or your atomizer. The VS 510 has a pretty strong spring and it's never been an issue on my mods. I have had floating resistance issues and it was usually my atomizer but once in a while it was my build.

If you want to see a weak spring, check out a FDV v4 510.
The Vaporshark DNA 40 springs blow. Maybe you got good ones. Compared to some of my other mods they are the weakest. I know my builds are good because it only floats on my DNA 40 Vaporshark. By a very small amount albeit. I'm gonna do an experiment and put this fixed pin 510 I have from my vapor flask clone conversion and put it in my VS DNA 40 and post my results.

Last edited:

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
Out of all my TC mods my VS DNA 40 is the only one that floats a little. As I said before, .01-.03 ohms sometimes. Not a lot but just enough to annoy me. My VS RDNA is solid with or without atty lock activated. Maybe I got bum 510 spring in mine. Glad to hear everyone else's is solid tho.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Out of all my TC mods my VS DNA 40 is the only one that floats a little. As I said before, .01-.03 ohms sometimes. Not a lot but just enough to annoy me. My VS RDNA is solid with or without atty lock activated. Maybe I got bum 510 spring in mine. Glad to hear everyone else's is solid tho.
What other TC mods do you have? I currently have 5 DNA40's, a DNA200 and SX350j (Boxer). The Evolv chips use refinement to get the most accurate reading of a build. On the Yihi, you have to manually set it and that's the reading for the coil even if the resistance goes up when the coil is gunked. I never use atty lock.

AtmizrOpin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Pennsylvania
IMG_20150727_211408-1.jpg
What other TC mods do you have? I currently have 5 DNA40's, a DNA200 and SX350j (Boxer). The Evolv chips use refinement to get the most accurate reading of a build. On the Yihi, you have to manually set it and that's the reading for the coil even if the resistance goes up when the coil is gunked. I never use atty lock.
3 DNA's, 2 with atty lock 1 without. a Yihi IPV4, but like you sed, you have to set the resistance. 1 Rayn v3 board that comes with the Waidea vapor flask. 1 SXK Nebula. Anyways, I took out the 510 spring out of both my VS's and the spring out of the DNA 40, for some reason is about 3 mm shorter than the one in my RDNA. Why, I dunno, I stretched it out put it back in. Now that center pin is as stiff as............never mind. Will it last, I dunno. But for now my little Glitcheena is rock solid in terms of resistance. The screen on the other hand is another story. Poor girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread