Status
Not open for further replies.

SlushPuppy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2014
Cincinnati, OH, USA
Hey everyone! :D
Hope everyone had a terrific holiday season and isnt getting destroyed by all this snow! So, ive been cig free since the end of October due directly to my wotofo zna and fogger combo. :) Im super happy with vaping and im ready to step into the world of highclass, high feature... and unfortunately, high dollar APV's. This will be my 22nd bday gift to myself. Im set on the vaporshark, im just trying to decide between the two DNA40 variants. As far as i can tell, the only differences here are the wireless charging and the ability to remove the battery? if im wrong, please let me know. Also, Im planning on picking up a subtank, will the premade nickels from VS work in the new version of the subtank? not the nano or the mini. the full sized tank. i just noticed that the prebuilt, temp sensing coils from VS have the old style vapor chimney on top, where as the newer occs from subtank are open on the top, anyone have any experience with the prebuilt nickels from VS? Also, anyone who has a new DNA 40 from VS, is the zip charging quick enough to out weigh the benefits of the wireless charger?
Thanks in advance, everyone! :D:vapor:

Last edited:

duun

Feb 14, 2015
napa, ca
yeah I really like the compact size. Charges extremely fast when it needs to but the battery life is great. I just use this right now with the subtank regular because they sent me this one instead of the subtank mini but it's great. In this pic I'm using the .16 nickel coils from vaporshark and vaping at 20-35 watts and battery life has been great so far. Honestly think there is something to be said for a device with a built in battery. But the zip charging is fantastic and am considering getting the wirless charger but I really don't need it. vaporshark dna40 with full sized kanger subtank.jpg CAM00344.jpg

In my opinion get a subtank mini. It has much better air flow than the large one. ALSO the mini is 22mm diameter. From a form factor perspective it will look MUCH better on any of the vaporshark devices. The large one will over hang.

If you want an even smaller setup get the vaporshark dna30 and the subtank nano. They make a great match as far as form factor goes. What with their widths and all.

I like vaporshark devices because they seem pretty sturdy and Don't have button rattle as bad as some of the less expensive mods out there. I have 2 dna30s and 2 rdna40s and 2 dna40s on the way lol.

SlushPuppy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2014
Cincinnati, OH, USA
Well, my whole motivation for actually picking up a vaporshark was the temperature control of the dna 40 board. but the more and more i think about it, the more and more that i think there is more important things to me then temperature control. Although, i am kind of considering a hana 40 box. I just know i want an authentic. i want it to be unique. and i want at least a 50 watt. I wish zeros wouldnt require me to sell a kidney and 60% of my liver to afford haha.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
If you want an even smaller setup get the vaporshark dna30 and the subtank nano. They make a great match as far as form factor goes. What with their widths and all.

I've been using my Vapor Shark DNA 30 for over a year now, every day, and love it!

However, three, four weeks ago, I purchased a Sub Tank Mini, and I'm blown away by the flavor and vapor production from this tank! NO leaking, NO gurgling, just fantastic flavor and vapor production!

I've been using the .5 ohm atty. The problem is, while my Vaporshark DNA 30 would last me a full day in the past, it now lasts about three hours when I'm sub ohming... using a point 5 head!

I've since purchased an IStick 50w.

For $50, you get FIFTY watts of power, FOURTY FOUR HUNDRED mah battery, and a great, compact device! I can't speak highly enough about the IStick 50w!

With 4400 mah battery built in (no need to purchase batteries after you've spent $$$ on the device, or chargers...) this baby lasts me easily two and a half, or three days!

Just a suggestion, you may want to see if you can find one in a B & M store near you, and take a look at an IStick 50w. You an always change your mind and pick up a VaporShark (and again, I've really loved my VS, but when sub ohming, you need a longer lasting battery.

Good luck!

Zeros....there's clones of those that are aparently pretty good. And easier to get. However I am trying to locate the newest sx zero 50 watt mod with the gravity sensor in it. You'll know which one I'm talking about...it only has one button on it.

But I agree. 50 watts will be nice! So I'm holding out on the zero mod clones till I can actually get the one I want.

You honestly can't go wrong with a vaporshark though. I say go ahead and order a new VS DNA40.

I have the VS RDNA40's and they're nice but I'm so big on small form factor that I want smaller. So I'm even hoping the VS DNA40 is the one.

Also most tanks won't even need 40 watts. I run my subtanks at max 25 watts. And my billow rta at 40 watts. And I have drippers with 26 gauge dual coils in them at 40 watts.

Would I like 50 watts...of course!

You can always have more than one mod. In my opinion the VS stuff is quality

I bought a smok xpro 65 today and it's going straight back to the store tomorrow. This was supposed to be my small higher watt device but it can't even do 50 watts without lowering it's own wattage. But this is a whole nother story...

Anyhow. Keep us posted on your choices. But for real get a subtank mini. Not the full size one!

duun

Feb 14, 2015
napa, ca
you won't regret the VS DNA40. Honestly was worried about the battery life. But the thing came fully charged like a LIPO battery usually does. I vaped and vaped all day 25-30w using the OCC 0.15 coils and I think I vape a lot. Honestly I thought the battery meter must have been broken because it still said full after hours of vaping. Nope its just an awesome battery and I am not missing the high drain NICAD's 18650's at all.

I got the regular subtank even though I ordered the mini so I'm kinda screwed on that one but I put in an email to the company nevertheless to see what they can do since it was there mistake. Yeah it overhangs but it also holds 7ml's which I kind of like. Did not know it had better airflow than the regular though, will have to see maybe they will ship me a replacement for what I actually ordered...here's hoping

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Hey man. Happy Birthday to you!!
As a proud owner of sever' vaporsharks.,,I don't leave home without the dna40. My rdnas are great mind you, its just the form factor and size in the hand of the DNA is so much more comfortable. I also have a Hana while I like that one as well, the compact size of the dna40 is just perfect to me, one 18650 at 40w and 540° gets me about 10 hours of vale time easy if I don't charge it all during the day, the 'zip' charger though lets it charge from completely dead to full in 45 minutes.
On average I have a 40 minute drive from work to home, of I charge it in the truck I'm topped off when I get back to the house.

Out of my collection the vsdna40 is easily ,y absolute favorite, top it with a derringer slip it in the shirt pocket and its a perfect stealth vape....except the cloud

Sorry about pic quality but thays the dna30; dna40 and rdna40

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread