VaporShark DNA30

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
Figured I restart the thread for everyone to chat about the new Vaporshark DNA30.

logo.jpg

For starters, here is the link for the actual Vaporshark device: Vapor Shark DNA Buy Now!
And a link for the DNA30 chip datasheet: http://www.evolvapor.com/datasheet/dna30.pdf

Among the dna devices available right now, Vaporshark and Protovaper seems to be the most accessible given that the casings are pre-manufactured and not individually machined and/or serialized like the Hana Modz or DB Modz.

My own personal thoughts on the Vaporshark:

This is definitely a huge game changer for me; the epitome of “less is more” is really well defined here, not to mention that everything I’ve used to date doesn’t match the performance benchmark that this little device is capable of.

I didn’t give much thought about the DNA display, but it’s quite refreshing to look at after growing accustomed to the standard SSD type displays that you see on many other popular devices like the Zmax/Provari/Innokin etc...

Everything at a glance, so no more scrolling through a menu and/or having to click a combination of buttons to change/see your settings.

Wattage up, just click “+”
Wattage Down, just click “-“
Lock/Unlock Wattage setting, just hold + / - for 2 seconds. Yep, that’s all there is to it. (There is also a stealth mode, lock mode and flip display)

Battery life, power setting & resistance reading always remains on the screen (display goes to sleep when unattended for 2 minutes) Once you hit the fire button, screen will come back on and the voltage level used in accordance to your power setting/resistance will display below your resistance reading.

End of the line for me as far as APV devices go? If another device can match or exceed the DNA specs, then no. But as of right now, yes, the DNA board without a doubt sets the benchmark for my preferred vaping enjoyment. There are no other boards available at this time that blends the flexibility of a mechanical with the precision and safety of a regulated device.

On top of that, I'm really digging the ultra compact size of this thing!

Here's some pics with different toppers for your reference. Please note these are ballpark measurements, I figured these are very common toppers that people can use to gauge the size better.

2116qv5.jpg

And my current setup and juice:

rcvaqh.jpg

Really enjoying the single flavors again, the higher wattage vape really brings out the flavors well, like biting into the real apple ;)

Vape happy everyone!!

Cloudrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
elk grove, ca
Just got mine today after ordering last Saturday night. :p
Fit and finish is better than expected, was little worried after many of owners comments. Works as advertised, however there is a delay in response when depressing the fire button. My ZNA, Wizard AE and Hana full size are noticeably quicker, wonder if it has thing to do with the li-po...

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
Just got mine today after ordering last Saturday night. :p
Fit and finish is better than expected, was little worried after many of owners comments. Works as advertised, however there is a delay in response when depressing the fire button. My ZNA, Wizard AE and Hana full size are noticeably quicker, wonder if it has thing to do with the li-po...

I notice a fraction of a second delay from the moment I press the button on a cold coil, but afterwards, its pretty instantaneous. BTW, I'm using a single 1/16 microcoil with 26G wire, .65ohm @ 22w.

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
wv93i9.jpg

Been vaping Hoops by AlphaVapes which is a creamy cantaloupe and pear mix. The 30Ml bottles usually last me for a long time when I was using the Kayfun/MVP2 combo, but now, blowing through juices like no tomorrow.

Never vaped custards before, is Big Willies more vanilla or caramel flavored? Or something different altogether? Starting to dig the creamier vapes now, so trying to find something new to try. Been looking around for a French vanilla or whip cream vape that is heavy on the VG ratio.

Mackoy 09

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
New Jersey
Never vaped custards before, is Big Willies more vanilla or caramel flavored? Or something different altogether? Starting to dig the creamier vapes now, so trying to find something new to try. Been looking around for a French vanilla or whip cream vape that is heavy on the VG ratio.

Its actually a bit of both. Its more creamy vanilla but theres caramel with it. Give it a try I think you'll like it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RuinerXL

Apr 6, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
Wow ordered yesterday and just got shipping confirmation and tracking from VS! I will have it Tuesday! They must have them in stock ready to ship. Can't wait lol
Really? I ordered mine on 4/1 and still haven't received any kind of tracking information. I've called them a couple of times to check on it, too, and they just keep quoting the general 4/15 ship by date. Out of curiosity, which color did you buy? I'm wondering if they may have more of one color or the other, and that might have to do with the delay in shipping.

I know it's stupid, but I'm really excited to get my hands on my VS!

Darkstrike

Jan 30, 2013
Long Island, NY
That is strange! Maybe try calling them and saying that your friend ordered the same one as you and it shipped via 2 day air UPS within 24 hours and ask why yours has not shipped yet. Just checked my tracking and the package is physically moving through UPS system. It went from Miami to Orlando to Jacksonville and is still due to me in NY on Tuesday. So it's not like the earlier problems they were having where they would print a label and hold onto it for a few days before actually shipping the item. I wish you luck and I will update on Tuesday when/if I physically have it in my hand.

RuinerXL

Apr 6, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
It doesn't make sense to me that I ordered the same item in the same color earlier...apparently, later orders have been fulfilled, while mine has yet to go out. I did call them a couple of times, but got a stock response--even asked them if the color could have anything to do with it, and they said no. Not sure what's going on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread