The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Issues with Hana Modz (Cana Mods) Clone DNA30

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by retird, Jul 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. mgmrick

mgmrick Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    New York
    What would patent talk have to do with all the issues you search the internet to share with us (taken out of context at times) have to do with this thread? You continue to show your true colors. You know what they say..... no such thing as bad press... press is press. I don't figure your intent was to boost dna30 clones sales.

2. retird

retird Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    North Side
    It's too early.... sorry, I thought I was in another thread.... will edit out my post.....it doesn't belong here....

Please edit out my now deleted post from your reply, if you would be so kind....

3. dr g

dr g Moved On ECF Veteran

Mar 12, 2012
    Paradise
    Hmm, I wonder if Evolv will ever make a move with this patent. They could take out every SX mod on the market.

4. retird

Dec 31, 2010
    North Side
    Ok guys, I made a mistake and posted in the wrong thread... this is an "issues" thread.... lets get back on track....THX

5. mgmrick

Sep 12, 2010
    New York
    Can you post a link to your patent link thread....

6. retird

Dec 31, 2010
    North Side
    The OP once again...

7. AnsonJames

AnsonJames Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2011
    IRELAND
    Patents don't phase the Chinese at the best of times, a variable wattage patent by Evolv wouldn't have any effect on any country bar America.

Didn't Evolv say they like healthy competition?

8. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    Yeah, but sometimes healthy competition includes royalties from those who wish to compete with ya. :D

9. Fergie

Fergie Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2013
    Toronto, Canada,
    Mornin retird

Might be a good idea to post where they purchased it as well as a lot of users aren't sure what versions they have. I'm not sure what FT is selling.

10. retird

Dec 31, 2010
    North Side
    Good point..

11. dr g

Mar 12, 2012
    Paradise
    It's not a small thing to remove them from the US market. No US seller would be allowed to sell them, and shipments would be seized as they came in. Demand would dry up and Yihi would be forced to switch to VV.

They key word there is "healthy."

12. Rossum

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    On the other hand, controlling wattage (rather than voltage) into a resistive heating element has plenty of prior art, so that better not be the basis and primary claim of their patent(s). How do I know there's prior art? I designed stuff that did that for industrial furnaces back in the 1990s; those furnaces used heating elements made from materials that had dramatic resistance changes, both with temperature and the age of the element.

13. dr g

Mar 12, 2012
    Paradise
    Patent US20130104916 - Electronic vaporizer that simulates smoking with power control - Google Patents

14. Rossum

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    OK -- if that patent were to withstand a vigorous challenge, then just about any other VW vaping product would be infringing on it.

This kinda makes me wonder if that's why Provape doesn't seem to be interested in making a VW device (no wanting to deal with a patent infringement claim from Evolv), and just how amicable the relationship between Evolv and Innokin really is, or at least how it started. One might speculate that the initial contact between them was a letter from Evolv to Innokin pointing out that some of Innokin's products (like the very popular MVP and VV V3) appeared to be infringing on that patent.

Still, I wonder whether that patent would withstand a vigorous challenge. The trouble with battles like that, especially when they're fought between relatively small companies, is that the only people who really win in the end are the attorneys.

15. mgmrick

Sep 12, 2010
    New York
    I think there were vw mods out before this patent was filed?

And other vw applications. Kind of late to the party I think

16. Rossum

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    I don't think so; my understanding is that the Evolv's Darwin was the first VW mod when it was introduced.

Other applications for VW driving heating elements? Absolutely, mucho prior art.

17. mgmrick

Sep 12, 2010
    New York
    Deleting your post does not change anything. You just proved once again your true intention for posting every negative post you can find on the internet about this product. Every mod made has negative posts somewhere out there even the wholy grail usa made provari. Trying to scare potentional buyers is just over the top. My dna30 clone is used every single day for a good 17 hours of vaping without issue

18. mgmrick

Sep 12, 2010
    New York
    So what your saying is vw was out there for other applications and evolv used it and since they used it in an ecig they think they are entitled to a patent on it? Not a lawyer but that does not sound like that should fly....

19. armadillo

armadillo Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2010
    Honolulu
    Folks, at present this is only a patent application. The patent has not yet been granted and its claims are not yet valid.

20. Rossum

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    Well, not a patent on VW per se, but a patent on the use of VW in an e-cig, yes.

Well fly it did, but I'm convinced it wouldn't crash in heavy weather (i.e. a vigorous court challenge).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.