Variable Wattage in the works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinkGeoffrey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
Florida
Is there a Variable Wattage ProVari in the works? I love my ProVari it's old it's worn black chrome takes a beating and vapes like a charm. I love it so much I never had it upgraded to V2 can't stand to be with out it. But I'm evolving to a atomizer builder and would love to see a VariWatt unit in the future. Keep it in mind and keep up the good work!

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I don't think Provape is really going to pursue this. I could be wrong. We can hope. I'd go with another PV that does the VW. There are some stout builds coming out with VV and VW combined. There's a SS Vamo that's probably built as durable as the Provari. It's less than half the price, too! Depends on how committed you are to "Made in the USA". If you're dead-set on the USA-made products, you'd be hard-pressed to build a mod with the dna 12 or dna 20 from Evolvapor. These products are made in the USA, also.

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
I would not worry about the quality of the Vamo. I hear dropping it can nearly destroy it.

You heard wrong...

To quote Thrasher "I could probably beat my VAMO into scrap metal with my Provari and it would still vape just fine".

Beating it into scrap metal with the ProV, I seriously doubt. Having the ProV still working after the attempt, No doubt.

20121229_092241.jpg

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
Absolutely. This thing is so well built, its scary. (For the money & comming from China). It weighs a ton. This could almost be a negative.
It really does live up to the hype its getting.

Those wraps are nice indeed. The only complaint I have with the Vamo (besides not having a Kanger T3 native connectin, juice well not wide enough) is the fact its slippery than hell. These wraps would cure that...

Last edited:

Lavaca5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Absolutely. This thing is so well built, its scary. (For the money & comming from China). It weighs a ton. This could almost be a negative.
It really does live up to the hype its getting.

Those wraps are nice indeed. The only complaint I have with the Vamo (besides not having a Kanger T3 native connectin, juice well not wide enough) is the fact its slippery than hell. These wraps would cure that...

Hope you're right, Zip. I knock my Provari over (BANG!) or off the table (BANG!) 20 times a day, at least. ADD + bad eyesight = lots of BANG! I have a SS Vamo on the way. We'll all know soon enough if it will stand up to rough treatment 'cuz I'll kill it quick if it won't.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
So do you feel confident enough that if dropped on its head, the head won't pop off? Asking a serious question. I wouldn't mind trying it in 18350 mode if it is durable enough.

I wouldn't mind doing this. Jwrap white carbon fiber youtube

The Jwraps look good, do they use a glue backing that might affect the Black Satin finish on my Provari??

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
Hope you're right, Zip. I knock my Provari over (BANG!) or off the table (BANG!) 20 times a day, at least. ADD + bad eyesight = lots of BANG! I have a SS Vamo on the way. We'll all know soon enough if it will stand up to rough treatment 'cuz I'll kill it quick if it won't.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Glad you got one comming Tex. Yours is going to be better than mine, as I was not able to score a SS...let me know what you think..
Jeepbear said I might be able to score one in Mid Jan...fingers crossed..:thumb:

Skyway

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
NC - USA
www.bsvoboda.com
The Jwraps look good, do they use a glue backing that might affect the Black Satin finish on my Provari??
No, he has tested this over and over with all his different wraps. I have the black carbon fiber on mine. The only PV's he has issues with are Zmax's. He sells them with a disclaimer. He started off not wanting to make Zmax covers since he tested them and it was pulling the logo off. But the Zmax logo is just a cheap logo thrown on. It is not put on like a Provari. I almost have to use a wrap. My skin apparently has an oil to it that wipes the Provari logo off. Both of my Provari's have almost no logo anymore. My latest mini only took about 2 months before the logo came off so I decided wrapping it was the best way to protect it.

jimbalny

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
I am pretty sure it is just a facelift, as I heard this from a vendor. Not sure why Provape is doing this and not changing internals. One could only hope though.

Provari is sorta like the iphone of the e-cigarette industry. They were the first popular and high end product of its kind and therefore have a lot of fans. New ones will sell no matter what, even if its just cosmetic changes. Why fix what ain't broke? Plus I don't think that many people understand why VW is good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread