Vegetable Glycerin

Status
Not open for further replies.

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
Update: Received my order from Essential Wholesale. 16 oz bottles are labled as follows:
PG: Propylene Glycol USP (on the side: natural source)
VG: Glycerine Vegetable, Kosher, FCC, USP. (on the side: natural source)

I'm somewhat befuddled by the FCC thing. I would also like to know what the natural source is for PG. Mark, would you know?

I misspoke previously, FCC is "food chemicals codex" an international compendium that was purchased by the USP in 2006. It is a food quality grading(not a drug/pharmaceutical standard). This seems a very odd VG product, there is no Kosher Vegetable Glycerin listed in the USP, and as I noted before, the website labeling and legal FAQ references the Cosmetic part of the FDC code(not the food or drug part). It's impossible to know exactly what grade of VG this is, but it is not properly labeled to be USP quality.
As for the "natural source" PG, that's certainly a stretch. PG does not occur naturally. It is a synthetically made organic compound. It is usually made, industrially, from propylene oxide(which is made from natural gas) or can be converted from , conveniently, Glycerine(which , of course, is a natural product). So I guess you could say , in a roundabout way, PG is "made" from a natural source ultimately(but then again so is Plastic, and I wouldn't consider that a natural product either).

bluesuede

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Central PA, USA
Why is it that we have to discuss this over and over and over .....

Kevin

Probably because I'm interested in knowing what the heck I'm sucking into my lungs and I trust Mark's opinion. He's been kind enough to check this brand out for me.

It's not like you have to read this thread if you're not interested, eh?

Circumspice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
God's Country
There are sooo many storage solutions for e-liquids and supplies... it depends on your circumstances.

Do you have children or grandchildren in the home? If so, I would suggest a tackle box/toolbox that can be padlocked to keep curious kids safe.

Do you have pets in the home? If so, store your supplies high out of their reach or inside a cupboard.

:oops: (I was going to attach 2 pics of my own storage solution, which is a tote/caddy, but I guess I don't have enough posts to be able to do attachments yet. Sorry.)

For me, I use a plastic tote/caddy. It cost $1.00 at a large grocery store. It has a molded handle in the middle and 3 compartments. (split up on either side of the handle) There is 1 large compartment on one side and 2 compartments on the other side that are divided approximately 70/30. I put the small flavoring bottles in the smallest compartment, the no-nic VG/PG in the next bigger compartment and in the largest compartment I put the nic juices and the pre-filled cartridges.

I got the DIYFlavorshack Gold DIY Kit, which is a really awesome kit. A lot of DIY essentials come packed in a small toolbox. And I mean it is loaded with all the goodies that you need to mix, bottle and dispense your own e-juice. (Dondaboomvape mentioned DIYFlavorshack in his guide to vaping. Also, Dawn & George really give you a lot of bang for your buck!) Now I keep the non liquid supplies in the toolbox and the liquids in the tote/caddy. It works for me!

I really need a storage solution! I have so much stuff now I don't know where to store everything. Tackle box, tool box or likewise? I would like a little more elegant and easy-to-find solution for all my bottles. Any ideas would be appreciated.[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread