Fort Collins, CO
Just got my sample pack last week with the following:

Monkey Leisure
Night Shift
Mewlew's Revenge
Harvest Berry
Vanilla Custard
Nutty Cookie

I let them breathe for a day and they've been steeping for about a week now. I'm getting a pretty noticeable throat hit and kinda muted flavor from the juices. They all smell wonderful but the throat hit from what i'm reading is normal, no? Should I let them steep for another week or so? I think I may have had my expectations a little bit high but I dunno.

jrenae4

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
ES, MD
Just got my sample pack last week with the following:

Monkey Leisure
Night Shift
Mewlew's Revenge
Harvest Berry
Vanilla Custard
Nutty Cookie

I let them breathe for a day and they've been steeping for about a week now. I'm getting a pretty noticeable throat hit and kinda muted flavor from the juices. They all smell wonderful but the throat hit from what i'm reading is normal, no? Should I let them steep for another week or so? I think I may have had my expectations a little bit high but I dunno.

VCV doesn't use alcohol, so no need to let them "breathe." VG takes a longer time to steep and they mix their juice to order, so a couple weeks steep may be in order :) I think VCV has great flavor.

pinkythereddog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
Fort Collins, CO
VCV doesn't use alcohol, so no need to let them "breathe." VG takes a longer time to steep and they mix their juice to order, so a couple weeks steep may be in order :) I think VCV has great flavor.

Oh i didn't know that they didn't need breathing! Good to know!

It's going to be so hard to not want to vape them for a few weeks!!!! I'm hoping they mature to be awesome :)

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A
VCV doesn't use alcohol...

I might be mistaken, but I believe the flavorings they use do contain it..

Still no need to let it breathe, though... :)

OP: What sort of topper/clearo/atty are you using? Sometimes VCV doesn't always play as nice as it should re: flavor, depending on your particular gear..

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A
So what are the odds that a 1st-class package that departed the San Francisco USPS facility late Saturday night that says Tuesday expected delivery will hit my mailbox on Monday?

I should have ordered earlier.. I'm going to run out of nic Sunday night/Monday morning.. :(

A few things..

- Apparently I vape more than I thought.. :D

- Those small "5ml" VCV sample bottles are, indeed, filled with 7.5ml..

- Mt. Shasta Frost is pretty tasty.. I still like my DIY menthol better.. VCV's is a little too minty for my tastebuds.. Still good, though..

- My bottle of Catherine the Grape tastes less like the newer grape jelly version & more like the older better recipe.. But it's still not the same.. Tastes like the old CtG, but past its steeping prime..

- I forgot how much their desserts can ravage coils & wicks..

- On a related note, I also forgot how heavy VCV goes on the flavoring level %..

Anyway, hurry up, USPS!

USPS Tracking™.. F5.. F5.. F5.. F5... :laugh:

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A
So, today I got maced by the mail-lady as I tried to give her a big hug when she delivered my VCV..

Even though I'm temporarily blinded, I'm now happily vaping away on some nic.. :D

Got not 1 but *2* free samples -- in 12mg..

Tempting, but that would knock me on my ...... Gonna have to dilute those, too...

Also got another bonus.. Will try to post a photo after I get it smoothed out a little better..

Thanks, VCV & USPS! :toast:

Mrez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New Jersey, United States
Just got my first sample pack today. The two monkey flavors, nightlife, bluebeard tobacco, pear tea, and the berry flavor. I have no patience so I tried Night life, Bluebeard and Monkey Business. Didn't care for the bluebeard but I've had a bad go with tobacco flavored juices. Night life I liked, and Monkey Business is so so but growing on me. Should have gotten the 6mg instead of 12 because they hit like a truck in my magma.

bizzz

Jun 8, 2014
Los Angeles
What was your bonus??

Also, what do you use for menthol in your DIY juice? I want to get some. I need to enhance my Ice Beard. It seems like their formula hasn't been the same all year.

So, today I got maced by the mail-lady as I tried to give her a big hug when she delivered my VCV..

Even though I'm temporarily blinded, I'm now happily vaping away on some nic.. :D

Got not 1 but *2* free samples -- in 12mg..

Tempting, but that would knock me on my ...... Gonna have to dilute those, too...

Also got another bonus.. Will try to post a photo after I get it smoothed out a little better..

Thanks, VCV & USPS! :toast:

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
In my efforts to reduce my nic levels, I made a new combo last night.
1 part White Beard, 1 part Vanilla Custard, 2 parts Vanilla Tobacco.
Man that WB is a beast! Filled my Kayfun with a new Japanese cotton wick, and at first, all I got was WB. But, as the wick sets up, the VT is starting to come out some.
Then I got to thinking. Why did they discontinue VT? Caramel Tobacco is still around and Vanilla isn't?! I don't get that!!
Why would they discontinue any of their flavors? I mean, VCV mixes their juice to order, right? So why not just keep the flavors around and make my VT whenever I order it?!

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A
What was your bonus??

Been busy with other stuff. One of these days I'll get around to taking a pic with my out-dated camera stuff.. Kind of a pain, LOL..

Also, what do you use for menthol in your DIY juice?

Ancient Chinese secret.. ;)

But seek, and ye shall find...

Then I got to thinking. Why did they discontinue VT? Caramel Tobacco is still around and Vanilla isn't?! I don't get that!!
Why would they discontinue any of their flavors? I mean, VCV mixes their juice to order, right? So why not just keep the flavors around and make my VT whenever I order it?!

Per the old VCV Stalker App™, I remember seeing way more CT than VT go through.. Go figure.. And bottom line, it's a sales #'s game.. I guess they'd rather focus on flavors that move quicker.. CT isn't all that bad, though, from what I recall.. But I agree, it ain't no VT, either...

And no, I don't believe they mix-to-order, per se.. At least not anymore.. I'm guessing at this point they're large enough & have been around long enough to be able to, if not pre-mix everything a bit ahead of time, then at least mix up their flavorings ahead of time & just add it to different levels of nic base as they go.. I really don't know their operations, but I'm guessing their size lets them do things in larger batches prior to anybody's submitted order, i.e., keep a bit of fresh pre-made inventory on hand.. Just more efficient & economical that way...

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A
Unflavored is gone.

At first I thought you were talking about over at VCV.. Don't give me a heart attack! :shock:

I have an idea of who may have taken it!!

Wasn't me, I swear.. Already have at least 1/2 liter..

Plus at 6mg, I'd have to double up on zero for 3, giving me 1.5 liters total.. Way too much for me.. Who do you think I am? RuDawg?? :D

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
At first I thought you were talking about over at VCV.. Don't give me a heart attack! :shock:

Wasn't me, I swear.. Already have at least 1/2 liter..

Plus at 6mg, I'd have to double up on zero for 3, giving me 1.5 liters total.. Way too much for me.. Who do you think I am? RuDawg?? :D

Ha GdJ, I thought the same thing at first!! I jumped on the VC website to check even!!!

Well, just proves I am wrong once in a while after all! :D

I've learned my lesson. I'm finally getting to the bottom of my flavored stockpile, and let me tell you, some of them I can barely taste. Currently vaping some Summer Peach Sweet Tea and it's almost awful it's so bland.

I do have plenty of unflavored left, so time to order some flavorings & DIY soon!!
But of course, I do still have some VT left!!

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A
Ah, didn't see their Facebook post made just prior to my last one here..

"Samples of our newest flavor are shipping with all orders now! Prepare yourself for an unbelievable and limited time blend of orange creamsicle and perfectly tart tangerine notes!"

For those who never had it before, yeah, orange creamsicle e-liquid is pretty tasty if you're into that sort of thing.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread