Vendors that let you pick PG/VG Ratio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JudgeVape

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2011
D.C./Maryland
Off the top of my head:

Vaporbomb: Some you can pick in 10% increments, some only in 20% increments.

FreedomSmokesUSA: Some you can, some others (their "Specialty Juices") are only 50/50.

Tasty Vapor: You can choose from 0% to 30% VG (in 10% increments) on their 1oz liquids, but you can also buy no-nicotine flavor doublers with more flexibility to mix your own higher VG mix I think.

Haven't used them yet but it looks like Gourmet Vaper and Pure Vapes do also.

Edit: Prime vaping appears to also.

Vapenstein

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
I'm sure I'll make someone mad by saying this, but the vendor that allows you to pick your own blend is sacrificing product quality in an effort to make everybody happy. Juice does not taste the same in VG as it does in PG. If you design your recipe to work at 70PG/30VG, or 100%VG, then when you make that recipe in other ratios it's just not the same juice. I guarantee you that almost none of the vendors that offer unlimited PG/VG choices are actually taking the time to adjust their recipes for different ratios. So what you end up with is a juice designed for say 70PG/30VG that tastes bland and gutless in all-VG. There are exceptions to this, but for the most part a vendor that lets the customer pick their own recipe is confused. When I see this all it tells me is that they don't care or they don't have a lot of confidence in their juice. OR all they're doing is squirting some DIY flavors in base, which is what you could be doing at home if you wanted to, and then it really doesn't matter anyway.

A perfect recipe is a work of craft and skill. I don't want to change anything about a good wine or a small farm cheese, and I don't want to change anything about my juice. I want to feel like I am buying juice that offers something more than I could make at home.

I do feel that all vendors should offer unlimited options for customers that have specific preferences, but I also think that it should be per request. This is my opinion and not a condemnation of your favorite vendor or preferences in juice.

JudgeVape

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2011
D.C./Maryland
A good point, Vapenstein. Alternatively, they could just highlight which PG/VG ratio is the recommended ratio for that juice so that the customer is aware when they deviate from it.

It looks like Mister-E-Liquid sort of does that, by putting "MEL Custom Blend" next to one of the ratios (33% VG for most or all of his juices).

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
OTOH, you could just try some 70/30 mix from Don at Backwoods Brew

All his flavors are designed around the 70/30 mix. Taste is great and the vapor is a cloud.

I'm vaping some BWB Dulce de Leche 24mg at the moment. It's a tobacco flavor with a hint of chocolate and a nice smooth throat hit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread