Venturing into pod setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would appreciate any feedback available as to whether or not a pod system would be good for me. First thing, I am no longer in the quitting phase, but enjoy vaping and want to continue it when I have the desire. What I'm looking for in a setup:
  • Small, compact size.
    • A rectangle shape would be more preferred so that it can fit well in my car door where I normally keep my box mod.
  • Bigger battery the better, but while still keeping the size small enough to toss in a pocket.
  • No leakage
    • Not sure if any pod systems are better than other in this regard or if most have minimal to zero leakage to begin with...
  • Rebuildable coils would be a nice option
    • I know the RPM40 and fetch have this option. Not sure about any others.
I wouldn't mind switching to salt nic liquid if it would mean using less liquid per month. Right now I typically use 3mg freebase and tend to use naked juices most of the time.

So my main questions are:
  1. What would be a good setup for what I want. I've been looking at the smok fetch, but wanted to check and see if there are any better options out there with my preferences.
  2. How should I decide whether to use salt nic or regular juice? I tried using salt nic once before with a sourin drop, but the thing barely fired and I think it was defective. I prefer DTL vaping, so would that be bad with salt nic?
  3. Have any of you gone from using high powered setups to pods systems and been happy with the transition? I'm worried that going back to low power will be disappointing, but I hate carrying around the big box mods and the leakage that happens on occasion.

I apologize for the length, but any feedback will be greatly appreciated

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
I have the Fetch and RPM 40 and prefer the RPM 40. I like the vape from the 40 better and fill port for the Fetch annoys me. I also like the Voopoo Vinci, probably a little more than the RPM 40. They just came out with the Vinci X which takes a 18650 and puts out up to 70 watts. They are supposed to be putting out a RDA deck but have not seen anything on it yet.

If you like DTL vaping, no need for nic salts. These new pod systems do lower ohm coils and provide a rich warm vape just like you'd get from a mod at 30-40 watts. I went down from 18 mg to 12 mg and even a few 6 mg with these newer pod systems like the Vinci, RPM 40, Grimm Kit, and Fetch. Even when using the lower powered pods, I'd use 18mg in regular nic. Have used some 35mg salts for stuff that did not come with regular nic at higher levels.

To answer your third question, yes, I have went from higher powered mods and stepped down to pods. Been using them exclusively for over a year and am pretty satisfied. In my case though, I've become kind of a collector where I keep buying all the newest pods. I did the same with mods so this is cheaper (maybe) as pods are not as expensive as mods for the most part. As for the leaking issues, just have to remember to wipe the insides out every once in a while. They tend to leak either from the fill ports or the seals around the coil. Not bad for the most part as long as you do regular maintenance; similar to the daily maintenance for mods.

I would say the RPM40 or Vinci (regular version or X with the 18650) would work for how you vape now just in smaller form. There is a build deck for the RPM40 but it looks like a PITA to build on. The Vinci is supposed to come out with their version of a build deck soon.

That said, there is another system which just came out and the build deck looked pretty large. I ordered one for Black Friday and have not received it yet. I'm talking about the Aegis Boost. Goes up to 40 watts and looks to be a tough little mod. Looking forward to it and the build deck which should be coming out soon (they said that it should come out around November 30 on their forum page here, so hoping it will be out this week).

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I've got Orion DNA's, and they're fine.
I've gotten an Innokin Z blip not long ago. It's got a big battery (so it is heavier) but lasts long. Downside is the tank only holds 2ml. Flavor is good. Coils are plug and play without tossing the tank. Never leaked a drop.
Personally, I've tried salts in a Juul and in other devices and I think they're overrated. I'll stick with the usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread