Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I've been using a Magma clone with 28 Gauge Kanthal and like it, but I want to try a Vertas based on Rip Trippers review. I can't seem to find a "real" one in stock. So, I wondered if you good folks would be so kind as to tell me where to buy one and what spare parts to buy for it (insulators, gauge kanthal you recommend, etc.).

I looked at fasttech and they have about a dozen clones. Not sure if that's my best bet.

I read most of this thread and I'm still a bit confused which way to go.

Thanks for your help.

Here's where I got mine. It was fine (but the drip tip is a joke...you'll need your own).

http://www.vividsmoke.com/veritas-rda-clone-by-ehpro.html?search=Veritas

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Eewww, ya. Just looked at that tip. They pull that off a kanger? Better off using a coffe straw!

The authentic Veritas did not come with a drip tip. The Ehpro I got did and it did not fit. Wasn't even close! Biggest joke of a driptip I ever saw. But it's just a drip tip. Got a million others.

Vinylpimp

Verified Member
Feb 13, 2015
Ok my magma arrived, retired the veritas temporarily till i get some 28g kanthal and 30g nickel to try and screw around with it, got a dual coil 28g runnin at .5 ohms vapin gambit from five pawns, all i gotta say oh my god flavor is so intense its choking me :)
image.jpg

DarthEmma

Verified Member
Jan 30, 2015
Ohio
The Chinese New Year is going on. It's gonna take a month before you see it.

And I hope u paid the extra for hong kong post or China e packet. Those are the faster shipping options to the US anyway. Forgot to see if that's wherecu from.

Not a problem. I just got my Magma yesterday and I have a new Kanger Subtank mini and a Delta II to tinker with for now. If it takes a month to get the Veritas, that will be fine.

Chickentender

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2014
Seattle
I just picked up a the Fastech Veritas 1:1 about a week or two ago, and this has supplanted my other 3 RDAs (Plume Veil, IGO-W, Marquis)... It has to be the most simplistic, lovely designed piece of vaping hardware ever. I'm in love with the thing. I can't get it to leak. The design is just stellar - yes it takes some finesse to build on, but you get used to it eh. I'm running a 26g 9-wrap horizontal coil at 1.2 ohm in it and loving it. LOVING it.

Chickentender

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2014
Seattle
How would you guys rate the Veritas against the Origen V2 for flavor/vapor?
Never tried the Origen personally - I nearly ordered one, but I've enough lovely and flavorful attys that require care when vaping to not leak. I've heard the two are very on par with one another. Kia ora by the way.

Does anyone have a current link to a good source for proper PEEk replacements for the Veritas as well as thumbscrews??? (Some links I found are now dead)
As much as I'm loving this thing I'd like to deck it out proper for the long haul, heavy use it's about to enjoy. Finally found my favorite atty.

Kingzkross

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Never tried the Origen personally - I nearly ordered one, but I've enough lovely and flavorful attys that require care when vaping to not leak. I've heard the two are very on par with one another. Kia ora by the way.

Does anyone have a current link to a good source for proper PEEk replacements for the Veritas as well as thumbscrews??? (Some links I found are now dead)
As much as I'm loving this thing I'd like to deck it out proper for the long haul, heavy use it's about to enjoy. Finally found my favorite atty.

Here's where I got mine. http://solidspot.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=97_100_222&products_id=2474

alljokingaside

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2015
Busan, Korea
Ok my magma arrived, retired the veritas temporarily till i get some 28g kanthal and 30g nickel to try and screw around with it, got a dual coil 28g runnin at .5 ohms vapin gambit from five pawns, all i gotta say oh my god flavor is so intense its choking me :)
View attachment 414077

Nice drip tip. Where'd you get that beaut from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread