Very confused please help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaping noob pls help

Jun 1, 2017
Hi everyone! I'm just going to say I have near to no knowledge on vaping. Like wattage and stuff like that. But I was recommended to start vaping and I thought I would give it a go, I don't want to sound silly to everyone I know because I don't know much, but I bought some vaping parts online, and I've finally gotten everything through the post today and I assembled everything and I'm just getting a burnt taste. I tried putting the temperature and wattage down on the box itself and that didn't seem to help at all. Can anyone help me figure out what I'm doing wrong? The parts I got were a "Smok R200", an "extreme vaporx electronic vaporizer", and some strawberry e-liquid. Sorry if I haven't gone in enough detail I am just confused and I am clueless with all of it. Thanks :)

Reactions: Cf11

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
Welcome to the world of vaping. :)
There are a lot of factors that can lead to you getting a burnt hit but most of the times it usually is because people forget to prime the coil.
Basically put a few drops of liquid on the coil and then let it sit in the tank full of liquid for 5 to 10 minutes.
Reply back with the details about wattage and resistance if you did that and still got a burnt hit.
And yes don't worry about sounding silly. We've all been there [emoji14]

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Don't worry about sounding silly, we all started not knowing anything. :) For the burnt taste, when you filled your tank, did you give enough time for the wicking to soak up the juice? On a new coil and wick, I'd give it 15-20 minutes to soak up. Start very low on the watts, and work your way up to what feels right for you. I can't advise on temp, because I don't use TC.

Vaping noob pls help

Jun 1, 2017
Sorry Cf11 I didn't see your first message the box didn't say anything about wattage or resistance for the tank. The coil I have has none of the cotton stuff on it, does that matter? I think what I have here is the coil anyway. It's just a bar of metal with plastic on it

If you follow this link it looks like this

VaporX XLT Classic Heaters - Cartridges and Accessories

Cf11

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
This part is the wicking material.
Just make sure you let it sit with the liquid in the tank for 10 minutes then try to vape on it at very low wattage and then increment slowly.
5a996b7f8826e7057d3bc1a23cbee073.jpg

Vaping noob pls help

Jun 1, 2017
My bad! I didn't explain well! And ohhh, on mine at first glance I thought that was plastic. But now I've looked again I have noticed that! Thank you! I put on the next piece to that so all the e-liquid doesn't spill out and I put some of that in the to coat the cottony but, and I will wait and get back to you after I try it again! Thank you ever so much! Sorry I'm being so much hassle

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Yes I will give it some time :D

I have the r200 box, but I have a vaporx tank with the swivel head
Hi and welcome.
If you are using these:
vx-acc-extreme-heater_2.jpg

I would start at 5 watts.
What is the nicotine strength of the liquid you have?

Cheers
I

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Can I ask where you got these, online or in store? As a store should be able to get you started in person correctly if they have competent staff.

If online, you need to take the time to learn about the basics.

First, from your info, you state that you have obtained:

extreme vaporx electronic vaporizer
I gather something like this one: VaporX Extreme Vaporizer | Best E-Cigs & Vape Pens | VaporizerPenShop.com

For such devices, you just need to prime the coil properly, one or two drops down the chimney (long tube) and the wick that's sticking out on the sides. The coil can be in the tank when you do this. Then fill the tank and wait about 1-2 minutes or you can suck a little bit (gently) on the mouthpiece to get the liquid to be pulled into the wick. If you can find the airflow intake, block it a bit as you're trying to get the liquid to be pulled into the wick
vapor-x-extreme-heat-coils.jpg

The Smok R200,
for which, if you got as a kit, it would be the TFV4 tank that it usually is paired up with. The idea is the same, open the tank and you can see the top of the coil, (it might look a bit different) you need to put a bunch of liquid on that cotton/wick to saturate it well (but not flood it). Just add some a little bit at a time until you can see that's it's looking "full", then close, fill the tank, again, and same as before, close the airflow intake, suck a couple of times (gently) on the mouthpiece to get the liquid to be pulled into the wick, not too much as you'll flood it and you'll have a leak (from the airflow). Give it about a minute to settle.
3546501-14.jpg

Then set your mod at the lowest recommended wattage (this should be on the coil itself or you should have this info somewhere) and try it (don't forget to re-open the airflow). Increase wattage if it's not that great, bit by bit (5-10W at a time) until you're happy. Try to never come too close to the maximum wattage for any factory coils, 5 to 10W under this maximum is usually better and prevents running into the risk of burning it.

If you've get temperature control coils, then you need to look up information about it, but it's simple. You set your wattage low, then set the "max temperature that you're happy with". Increase both bit at a time until you're happy. To explain it, the temperature set is the high point where your mod will stop making the coil get hotter. The wattage would be how fast it gets to that temperature. Note that some SMOK mods you only set the temp. control and it controls the wattage itself, I'm not sure about this model.

I hope this helps.

NOTE: Please be aware that if you've tried using these devices without the coil being primed, and if your mod was on high wattage, you might have burnt your coil's wick to the extent that they are no longer usable and need to replace them.

And check my blog for a bunch more information.
Imfallen_Angel's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Vaping noob pls help

Jun 1, 2017
Hello imfallen_angel, I bought these online. I honestly had no idea about wattage and stuff so that's probably where I went wrong. I got the r200 box only so I didn't get the tank with it. I would have asked my friends who advised me on getting it but I was afraid of sounding stupid when I got it and was confused. I must have burnt out my coil as it is all still tasting burnt. Thank you for the in depth explanation. I will get another tank and coil etc. The tank I got didn't have the ohm on the box or on the info anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread