Veterans Day Contest...nominate a vet....you BOTH win a prize from SmokeStik!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biomom

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2010
Washington, DC
I would like to nominate my friend Larry Berne who was a Navy pilot (Vietnam era) and currently flies charter flights for a small charter company. It's amazing how little they pay pilots, and he could not afford the kit here. He wants and NEEDS to quit smoking, and smokes menthol; I just know SmokeStik menthol would win him over. He tried two other kinds I bought him, but one would go off in his pocket and not last long. The other one just did not have the proper flavors and other issues. The Halligan would be perfect for his longer flights too.

Another hopeful perk; this friend hired my husband when he moved here from Sweden, and I'm hoping if this works for the boss, my husband might finally take inspiration and quit too :)

ironslave

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2010
Omaha
I got a guy in my shop who is trying to quit but I can't get him to take the plunge. He is afraid to waste money on a kit. He got a Blu disposable and we all know how it goes from there. He is a very nice guy and puts in a lot of effort to serve his country. He's also not very internet savvy either so that also doesn't help. He is a good guy and needs a good kit to start off from the get go.

dtone72

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2011
ridgecrest ca
I'm active duty NAVY, and would like to nominate ken729 for giving a shot at nominating himself.

AWR2 Eddie Alford
USN. SAR
2004-present

Vcontest2.PNG

Because your active duty I'm giving you BOTH a kit , a plain flat black chain lanyard and a 5pack.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not entering but I would love to put my Gpa out there. Robert.. He worked directly with general MacArthur and loved life. He loved his family even more. He was truly the storybook gpa. I could not have been luckier. He taught me to refinish furniture and keep it and pass it down. He taught me to love and laugh. Even when things were bad and I deserved the worse... he was always there with his cheesy smile. Never scorned me once. I lost him almost 2 years ago and still can't believe he is gone. He was such a light in our lives...

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I would have to say Bovinia because of her caring and loving ways for everyone on ECF. She needs to find out what a great PV the smokestick is too. I just love my Pittbull. Her husband has been out of work for quite a while as so many Americans are these days and they are presently living with MIL. She is defiantly a good candidate for this PV.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Hi ya'll....this is just a bump. Lets get some more unique entries!!!!! (unique meaning one per person.....the vet can get nominated as many times as people want as long as it's by seperate people).

Get this over 35 entries (MINUS the chitchat) and I will bump up the prize to three winners. Halligan 1st prize and for the second and third place winners just the veteran will win the kit of his/her choice and one 5pack of cartomizers.

And just a reminder...the SmokeStik military discount is always open to veterans and their household members. That has nothing to do with this contest. 15% discount as long as you have an obvious military email or FPO address OR you call and give us your branch of service and rank. This extends to widows and widowers of veterans as well.

oh btw...my contest...my rules....so this post is a nomination for "efirdj"......Go NAVY!

Last edited:

intriqken

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Orange County, CA
I would be entering this contest for my son, currently serving in Afghanistan, but I just won SmokeStik's Halloween contest so I won't be entering this one. I will say though, that I sent him a kit shortly after he deployed this last time and he has been 'smoke-free' ever since.
I think these are especially wonderful for our veterens serving away from home. They work perfectly.
I even found a small black cap that he will fit over the LED so that it is completely stealth for when he is on duty and can't afford to have the light bringing attention to his location.

Best of luck to all who enter and thank you to all who serve.

You CAN enter.....just not for yourself....so if you win....you can pick someone other than yourself to PIF your prize to. And your son still wins the Halligan Kit. LK13

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread