Veterans Day Contest...nominate a vet....you BOTH win a prize from SmokeStik!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psyche

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2011
Left of Center
I would like to nominate Kritter for the prize. I'm new so I don't know anyone personally and it took me all day to decide which vet here to nominate. I picked Kritter because I've always felt sadness and shame for the way our Vietnam veterans were treated by the country they served and sacrificed for. Any gesture is too small to repay the disservice done to them.

Much love to all veterans past and present and to their families who sacrifice for the freedom of us all!

Editor's Pick Prize

Last edited by a moderator:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
And here is the winners....check the posts to see if I left a message for you or your nominee:

Vcontest0.PNG
Vcontest1.PNG cags/Tank N ....
Vcontest2.PNG ken729 /dtone72
Vcontest3.PNG idk/RIMP

PM me with details after you have checked your posts for messages from me. Congrats to everyone!!!!!! Thank you all for participating and making this contest such a success!!!

EDITOR"S PICK..........Psyche/Kritter.........if either or both of you would like a mini kit with your choice of battery.....PM me with details. Psyche....it's your job to see that Kritter knows about his prize. :)

62297d1321095001-veterans-day-contest-nominate-vet-you-both-win-prize-smokestik-20081111_patriotsquirrel_250x375.jpg

Attachments

• 20081111_patriotsquirrel_250x375.jpg
    20081111_patriotsquirrel_250x375.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

MrsCasey

Pink Spot Fanatic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
Long Beach, CA
Congratulations to all the winners and my sincere gratitude for your service to our country! LoriKay, thank you so much for honoring our Veterans!

Post #51 made me cry but that's ok because we can't just ignore the human sacrifice and toll that war takes.

A big thanks to my Grandpa Alex who fought in World War II and my Father-In-Law Virgil who fought in Vietnam and Korea.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Congratulations to all the winners and my sincere gratitude for your service to our country! LoriKay, thank you so much for honoring our Veterans!

Post #51 made me cry but that's ok because we can't just ignore the human sacrifice and toll that war takes.

A big thanks to my Grandpa Alex who fought in World War II and my Father-In-Law Virgil who fought in Vietnam and Korea.

believe me it had me crying too.....I have actually been waiting a long time for the right chance to use that photo. And every time I pass it searching through my media files it makes my tear up. But just last night I noticed....in the background of the photo....what is surely her father leaning up against his car....waiting for her. And THAT really made me cry....thinking about the scope of the grief and sadness. I grew up with Nam vets....and as bad as that picture is.....it's not as bad as it gets. I know what it feels like to sleep with a man who cries in his sleep and can't stand to be touched.....ever. And to me the thought of a homeless veteran is just obscene. Which is why I am going to start selling my lanyards once I get all organized.....it's a LOT of "stuff" to find places for......and every penny....not just profit....but every penny including the cost of my materials will be donated to the Homeless Veterans charity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread