Vg problems, short of breathe

Status
Not open for further replies.

elrande

Feb 8, 2019
Hello how are you everyone, this is my first post on this forum, i was vaping 70/30 pg/vg and i was fine y change to 40/60 pg/vg and now i am having asthma, dificulty to breath, i am having this symptoms like one week ago and dont dissapear, i went to the doctor and he didnt find me anything, i really think its the vg, how i can solve it or how long it will be? thanks

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Impossible to say. Depends on each individual as to how their body reacts.

I can vape 50/50 with no problems, 40pg/60vg does give me a tight heavy chest feeling from about a dozen vapes per day.
Anything higher % VG takes only a few vapes, the effects usually subside in an hour or so, but only if I stop vaping high% VG liquids.

Sounds like you need to try 50/50, if that doesn't work 60pg/40vg.
Could be you're having a reaction to a flavoring or sweetener, only way to know that is to try a liquid with no flavorings or sweeteners.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hello how are you everyone, this is my first post on this forum, i was vaping 70/30 pg/vg and i was fine y change to 40/60 pg/vg and now i am having asthma, dificulty to breath, i am having this symptoms like one week ago and dont dissapear, i went to the doctor and he didnt find me anything, i really think its the vg, how i can solve it or how long it will be? thanks

I'm Not a Doctor.

But why don't you just Switch Back to what you Know Works?

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
It's crazy some develop reactions to VG and others to PG.

I came down with a PG allergy around 8 years ago. Makes my fillings hurt, irritates my mouth, swells my tongue etc. Now I can sporadically vape a few puffs of liquid with PG but if I vape a tank full. The symptoms come back.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
Ditto tomzgreat's post:
re: Allergies, Conditions and E-Liquid - The Complete Guide to E-Cig Safety
Choosing between PG or VG for vaping
A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette

• Informative
Reactions: bombastinator

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
I get much the same effect, although I'm OK up to about 50/50. Have you switched back to the lower VG juice yet? As others have said, that's the first thing. In my experience it should clear up within a day. If you switched back right away and it hasn't cleared up yet, I don't know what else you can do. I'd normally recommend going to a doctor, but you've done that.

Reactions: bombastinator

elrande

Feb 8, 2019
I get much the same effect, although I'm OK up to about 50/50. Have you switched back to the lower VG juice yet? As others have said, that's the first thing. In my experience it should clear up within a day. If you switched back right away and it hasn't cleared up yet, I don't know what else you can do. I'd normally recommend going to a doctor, but you've done that.
Nope it doesnt clear up yet, but i dont have to much short of breathe, im using my inhalator of salbutamol at the morning at, afternoon

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Nope it doesnt clear up yet, but i dont have to much short of breathe, im using my inhalator of salbutamol at the morning at, afternoon
So, you already take medication for asthma or COPD.
Could it be something else you are doing other than vaping?

I vape 90% vg and 10%DW and dont have a problem at all.
I dont have much joy with PG.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Just Curious...

But How Long did you Smoke before you tried an e-Cigarette?

And do you still Smoke Now at all?

Reactions: Jebbn

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Heey, sorry to hear you're having issues. Anytime I hear anything like this I suggest starting a process of elimination until you can be fairly certain which substance is causing it.

In your case I would probably cut out the flavouring first to see if there is any change and then so on until you can absolutely control for all other possibilities.

Once you know for sure then follow some of the other's advice here to manage your problem.

Good luck to you :)

elrande

Feb 8, 2019
So, you already take medication for asthma or COPD.
Could it be something else you are doing other than vaping?

I vape 90% vg and 10%DW and dont have a problem at all.
I dont have much joy with PG.

I dont know :( i went to to the doctor and they didnt find me anything, blood test all, i am allergic but i really dont know, im thinking its can be some psycological effect because when i am seeing something about vape my lungs gets tight and later dissapear its strange and funny at the moment hahaha, but really i dont know, the last time i vape it was the last week and i vape some pure vg withouth flovours, sometimes i smoke weed but it never have a side effect like this

elrande

Feb 8, 2019
Heey, sorry to hear you're having issues. Anytime I hear anything like this I suggest starting a process of elimination until you can be fairly certain which substance is causing it.

In your case I would probably cut out the flavouring first to see if there is any change and then so on until you can absolutely control for all other possibilities.

Once you know for sure then follow some of the other's advice here to manage your problem.

Good luck to you :)
I tried 100vg and get it bad withouth flavours and react, now i will vape 80/20 pg/vg

• Winner
Reactions: charlie1465

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
My DIY has always been VG Heavy from the start... most of it 80VG/20PG, some of it 70VG/30PG. No allergies here as a DL vaper, but six years later my lungs are a bit 'tighter' than they were at first. That could just be because of my age now along with many other new serious health issues now as well that have nothing to do with my lungs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread