• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vicks - how do you get your cartos to last so long?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kricket_4

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2010
Wisconsin
You posted that you have cartos that have lasted weeks, I can only get mine to last a couple days. I usually switch back and forth between TV Peach Melba and Geoff's blend (which trashes my cartos but I don't care cuz it's yummy!) usually 2-3 days and they are stale and burnt tasting, i've tried boiling and letting them dry, but they are still gross, or will maybe last 1 day. I don't really mind buying new ones, it's not a huge deal, but if I can save a couple extra bucks, then that means more juice for me :)

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
I couldn't tell ya what the branding is on my cartos - I got 'em quite some time ago from a couple of different sources.

I run the cartos primarily at 5v on the Fistpack, sometimes going up to 6v on the Chuck when I need a little more 'punch.'

I never clean them - I just do the initial fill, and add more juice when it starts to taste a little dry. I try to keep the filler material fairly wet.

I use a blend of juice that is usually 80% PV, 20% VG, or sometimes some cheap Dekang stuff. When I want to switch out flavors, I vape 'till I get the dry taste, then add the new flavor.

Hope this helps...I'm not doing anything special, just abusing 'em until they start to taste real funky or the draw starts to get a little harder - that's when I pitch 'em.

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
that's what i do, too. just vape till i get a burny, dry taste, and refill. i have been averaging at LEAST 2 weeks per carto, and have been using the last two for nearly a month. could be your flavor just doesn't taste right when it gets a little old in the carto? maybe try the ceramic ones, see if that helps. (i don't like them, because they make my juice taste burnt.)

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Haven't used the cartos from V4L (although their cola juice is one of my staples...)

So far, I've gotten cartos from altsmoke and what used to be onlyecigbatteries (he's since changed his name and discontinued cartos)

EW - you've had good luck with the cartos from puresmoker, yes?

I'd also recommend liquidxpress, only because I absolutely, hands down, trust the company, and eliquidplanet for the same reasons.

But cartos are a little hit and miss, just like attys are - I've had one carto that lasted me 5 weeks, and one that lasted me 2 days, with the average lasting me 2 weeks.

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
yeah, i got a bunch from puresmoker, but now i notice they don't have them listed. they do have them at heaven-gifts.com (but they ship from china, and it takes about 2 weeks to get them), and i have had no problems with that company. they're cheap, and they work great for me--as long as you get the ones that are "genuine joye 510" cartos, you'll get the right ones. they're a little longer than the regular 510 cartos (many of which i've tried, none of which i liked). they work great w/the eGos because you can use the cone w/them, but i think they were designed for the Joye 510 kits. American Eliquid Store also sells them, but they're twice the cost of what i normally see them priced at.

VprNomi

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
WI
I'm using V4L coolcarts & haven't killed one yet (nearly a month now). I never let them dry out. I don't even wait for a dry taste or any other signs they might be getting low. I top them off every few hours or so & it usually takes about 10-14 drops. I don't clean them. I use different cartos for different flavors & just keep refilling them.

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread