VIDEO: Disruptive Technologies: Vaping and Ride-Sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Funny how you mention witch hunt because that's how I see it all. We humans think we're so evolved socially/religiously/philosophically but we aren't. We all think we completely think for ourselves but we don't. *walks off to look in the mirror*

what I really want to say to those who won't listen (hah! :rolleyes: ) is that vaping is NOT another iteration of BT and sin and weakness. vaping is the parting of The Red Sea for those 16 y.o. kids (us . . . now grown up) who were trapped in the cogs of a politico-economic machine. It is our escape from an oppression wherein sinful personal gain leveraged addiction to grow fat on the suffering of others. (but that's just me, "thinking for myself" ;) :lol: )

(I'm starting to get "Off-Topic" here, and just the smidge-iest mite-bit hyperbolic. I'm out. Have fun!
smile.gif
)

Last edited:
Reactions: pennysmalls

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
I read a lot of news while on Twitter through the application TweetDeck. Whenever I read stories about "medical" I look to see when they think the technology will be implemented. It's always either undefined, unknown, or a decade down the road. We have come a long way over 2000 yrs, but we are still in the Dark Ages in so many ways. One reason why I'm glad I vape now is b/c I do like to have good health, and going under the knife or receiving chemo due to smoking proves just what I'm saying....Dark Ages. These technologies we have for medicine are garbage. Anything I can do to stay out of a hospital or Drs office, I'll take.

I've had similar thoughts re medicine. It's funny to think that there's always more to learn and there's so much we don't know, makes one wonder how much is "out there" that we have yet to tap into.

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    I've had similar thoughts re medicine. It's funny to think that there's always more to learn and there's so much we don't know, makes one wonder how much is "out there" that we have yet to tap into.

Star Trek... a show that was not paid much attention too. I direct your attention to the "Tri-Corder." We now are coming close with cell phones, 60 yrs later. SMH!

The things we see in SciFi happen almost after the authors and every human that saw the movies are dead. It's too bad. If I was rich, I'd be reading SciFi and seeing what Ideas I could steal and turn in to products!!!

Reactions: pennysmalls

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2013
    Indiana
    what I really want to say to those who won't listen (hah! :rolleyes: ) is that vaping is NOT another iteration of BT and sin and weakness. Vaping is the parting of The Red Sea for those 16 y.o. kids (us . . . now grown up) who were trapped in the cogs of a massive politico-economic machine. It is our escape from an oppression wherein sinful personal gain employed addiction to grow fat on the suffering of others. (but that's just me, "thinking for myself" ;) :lol: )

I like to whittle my thoughts down to the bare bone so I just go with I vape because I love it, like I loved smoking. :eek: Oh the horror lol! That's for those who obviously won't listen. I did come across one person who I think listened to what I had to say and she stopped posting anti smoking rants on the Tobacco
    Free Kids California facebook page, I think I rattled her honesty bone.

Reactions: pdib

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2013
    Indiana
    Star Trek... a show that was not paid much attention too. I direct your attention to the "Tri-Corder." We now are coming close with cell phones, 60 yrs later. SMH!

The things we see in SciFi happen almost after the authors and every human that saw the movies are dead. It's too bad. If I was rich, I'd be reading SciFi and seeing what Ideas I could steal and turn in to products!!!

Imagination. Vaping wouldn't be where it is without it. Imaginations perspective....the creator of both life saving technologies (and everything else) and ideologies that destroy those innovations (and anything else they deem not fit). Both the creator and destroyer. And just think, there are billions of imaginators running around on this planet lol! o_O

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

flaw101

Mar 28, 2010
    FL
    ecighome.com
    Tommy...thanks for posting. I've watched twice and there is so much to hear. We should forward that link to all the lawmakers and health institutions we can. I work for a major healthcare provider and plan to forward it to the CEO with the statement that I smoked for 35 years and have now been off tobacco for a year and a half due to disruptive technology. I am still demonized for "smoking" because of the black and white mentality of people and their simplistic views. Thanks again for sharing Tommy. This is a big deal!

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Tommy...thanks for posting. I've watched twice and there is so much to hear. We should forward that link to all the lawmakers and health institutions we can. I work for a major healthcare provider and plan to forward it to the CEO with the statement that I smoked for 35 years and have now been off tobacco for a year and a half due to disruptive technology. I am still demonized for "smoking" because of the black and white mentality of people and their simplistic views. Thanks again for sharing Tommy. This is a big deal!

I agree. Any logical arguments must become part and parcel of what we carry with us to defeat the ANTZ. This lawyer allegedly isn't even a vaper, and he's just applying his logic to help save a life saving product.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread