Status
Not open for further replies.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Yeah...That looks like the right stuff! You could dilute the crystals in PG and then just use drops.

Pete

Cool . I read that citric acid is also available in most grocery stores in the canned food section .

I just was experimenting a little . I made a eggnog juice which had a weird nutmeg taste to it so i wanted to see what the effects of using white viniger and lemo juice were . I put 3 drops of viniger and 2 drops lemon juice and it actually fixed the juice .Its now vapeable and it definitly wasnt before . I have no idea what it did scientifically but it did make a big difference . Its much smoother and has no bad taste anymore . I wouldnt say its more flavorful but its like thicker tasting like its coating my mouth and throat .. It actually changed the color a bit too from a light yellow to almost a amber but its also a bit cloudy. This one i can say is not just in my head .Its for sure better . No taste of lemon or viniger either .

Bostonsnboxers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
NW OH, US
There's probably a DIY wine/beer making store somewhere around where you live, you could walk in a grab a pack... no waiting.

I saw some the other day at my local grocery store (Kroger). They have a small diy canning section with Ball jars and lids, pickling spices (alum), etc. I would think anywhere that carries canning supplies would have it.

pinellaspete

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2011
Safety Harbor, FL
Okay...I was finally found some time last night to mix some juices to test this theory.

I wanted to keep it fairly simple and also wanted to see if it could be overdone, and if it was overdone, just what that would taste like. I mixed a tobacco/pear and a tobacco/french vanilla. Each one is a 5ml bottle and I made a control group without any citrus juice or vinegar.

So I now have a 5ml bottle of each of these:

Tobacco/Pear
Control (0% Citrus Juice or Vinegar)

Tobacco/Pear
Lemon Juice 4 drops

Tobacco/Pear
Lemon Juice 8 drops

Tobacco/French Vanilla
Control (0% Citrus Juice or Vinegar)

Tobacco/French Vanilla
Apple Cider Vinegar 4 drops

Tobacco/French Vanilla
Apple Cider Vinegar 8 drops

Tobacco/French Vanilla
Malt Vinegar 4 drops

Tobacco/French Vanilla
Malt Vinegar 8 drops

I chose the two flavors so I had one that would go with citrus and one that would (hopefully) go with vinegar.
They are steeping away and I will start taste testing them in a day or two. I use tobacco in all my mixes and it just seems that they taste terrible the first few days after mixing.

Pete

pinellaspete

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2011
Safety Harbor, FL
Okay...I couldn't wait.

I took 3ml of my DIY RY4 that I was vaping and added 4 drops of Malt Vinegar to it.

Awesome! It really does work! It smoothed out the flavor profile. The minor flavors were slightly more pronounced. It had a much better mouth feel, I would say a cleaner feel. Vapor production seemed to be slightly increased. It did NOT have a vinegar taste at all! It made the juice taste better than it was before I added the malt vinegar.

I think we are on to something!

Really, if you have been following this thread, crack open a bottle of vinegar and give it a try!

Pete

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
Could that be the same as Magic Mask? FA use to sell it but I don't know if they still do. I haven't seen it lately on vendor sites. It fixed many bad juices and made them much better but it dilutes the flavor. It seems Vape Wizard is what vendors carry. I don't know but thought I would throw that out.

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
I experimented a little bit. Hubby was vaping a blend that seemed a little on the harsh side so he handed it back to me for some tweaking. I thought, what the heck and broke out my bottle of apple cider vinegar and threw in 1 drop (10 ml of juice). I shook it and handed it back to him a couple of hours later and he said it was good now. Wonder what red wine vinegar would do? Hmmmmmm......I think you are on to something Pete. Thanks for sharing!

Bostonsnboxers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
NW OH, US

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I wonder how Balsamic would work...or if it should be avoided.

"These commercial grade products imitate the traditional product. They are made of wine vinegar with the addition of colouring, caramel and sometimes thickeners like guar gum or cornflour to artificially simulate the sweetness and thickness of the aged Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale di Modena. " - Wiki

I would avoid it due to sugar content.

Last edited:

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Magic mask ,Bitter wizard and Vape wizard are sold on ecigexpress . I have all three and they do work a little . I emailed FA a little while back to see whats in them and heres what they said .

Dear Costumer,
Unfortunatly we cannot divulge the formulas with ingredients of our flavours. We can just say that Vape Wizard Is a sweet tobacco,Bitter Wizard naturally is a bitter tobacco and the Magick is a sweet flavour with a redoubt amount of PH.
Regards
Flavour Art Team (Marco)

What they said doesnt really make any sence to me . Im pretty positive theirs no tobacco in any of them and magic mask is not sweet .Its completely tasteless

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
I was wondering were talking about so any things here

Citric acid - wouldnt lorann tart and sour work the same ,as the main ingredient is citric acid .
Vinegar
Lemon juice
Caramel color
Vape wizard
Bitter wizard
magic mask

I can see citric acid really helping with fruit ejuices but what will enhance bakery juices the most . Also which is best to add shelf life to the juice . Every juice i have gets pretty bad around 5months and im thinking my diy mixes wont even last that long . All the stuff above is supposed to preserve the life of ejuice but which does it the best ?

XMit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Midwest
When I did my Malic Acid experiment I did some research and found that MA and AC Vinegar share a lot of the same chemical composition. Or I should say there is a malic acid component to AC Vinegar. I did notice the burnt/caramelized sugar flavor mentioned earlier when I used too high of a MA concentration in my juices. The flavor went from sour to burnt/caramelized sugar.

Might be a link in there somewhere? I can say that altering the PH of anything consumed will change the way the flavorings interact with the acidity of your mouth. It is pretty common amongst cooks that vinegar will calm too much spice or salt to a degree. The effect is not pronounced but I have saved a lot of sauces with a bit of vinegar. By the same token a BBQ sauce that has a lot of vinegar will take that much more spice to get a "hot" flavor from the chilis or any other spicy component. also it generally mutes sweetness to a degree as well.

I can only think of the flavor I got from the MA and trying to draw a conclusion from it. At first it had a salty flavor, and then went to intense sourness. I am wondering of the naturally acidic environment of the mouth muted the sourness to a salty flavor until the MA could change the PH of the environment? All very interesting to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread