The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

VIR official

Discussion in 'The GG' started by imeothanasis, Oct 8, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. imeothanasis

imeothanasis Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    maybe there is no thread about this Fesso because I dont have any news yet. When I will decide to do it, I will open it! :)

2. woita

woita Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2014
    Ohio
    sorry to be a sourpuss here, but do you have a rough estimate as to when that "when" will be?

I've been waiting for this actually for quite some time as well and you made some promises last year if I may remind you.

You even promised you would sell the Esterigon VIR parts below cost (which I don't really expect and you don't have to do that imo) for your Proteus users.

VIR is great but tbh Proteus is just not what I need given the size of atties nowadays and the really limited batteries that are available.

It's great that you come out with new things and even make a new batch of Armed (which is just not for me, got enough Tiles, don't care for springs), but you promised us spares which I'm still waiting for (have some half-Tiles here) and Esterigon-VIR (oh, and also a box).

It would be great if you would communicate a little bit more to the community what you are doing, planning and up to :)

You also mentioned you had a Esterigon-VIR prototype somewhere, but it didn't work. What did it look like, what didn't work? Again, a little more verbosity could help us (me) feeling more appreciated here ;)

Sorry for that, but it's been a long time. And given the long time Proteus took, I'm starting to feel a little worried :D

Little reminders:

• Like Like x 5
  3. notarobot

notarobot Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 28, 2015
    Germany
    I'm also waiting for Esterigon parts for VIR for a long time. Dear Imeo, please give us some information when you are planning to do this. My Proteus is collecting dust. To be honest, it's not practical for me because of weak batteries. Using Proteus as a mechanical mod should work though (I'm using a Nemesis mini with Penelope 4 and it is okay).

So please, make a "VIR-swap-kit" that enables us to put VIR into Esterigon and to use Proteus as a mechanical mod. When doing the latter, it would be great if flat top 14500 batteries would fit too.

• Like Like x 3
  4. monkkx

monkkx Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2013
    paris, abu dhabi
    It's hard to believe Imeo is not leveraging the huge potential of VIR by making a larger battery solution.
    My 2 14500 mods are collecting dust in the expectation of their big brother ...

• Like Like x 4
  5. soulseek

soulseek Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2013
    London, UK
    Don't keep your hopes up. He mentioned in the Greek forum on his website that he's focusing on atomisers for now. It's a shame cause my VIR is collecting dust as well and if I could I would sell it.

• Like Like x 3
  6. woita

Sep 20, 2014
    Ohio
    agreed, but Proteus seems unsellable for now.

In my desperation I have even tried to build a Ester-VIR-igon myself. Basically all one would need is two adapter rings with inner threads that fit the Proteus-VIR-part and the bottom cap and outer threads that fit in an Esterigon tube.

It would look stupid, because of the dimensions, but I would go for it rather than with the 14500s.

Unfortunately none of my CNC-shop-friends had the appropriate tools for these (as they put it) "exotic" thread sizes that Proteus and Esterigon use :(

Here's some pics - if only I could make some threads, but I'm a software guy, unable to make hardware :D

IMG_4832 (1).JPG IMG_4833 (1).JPG IMG_4834 (1).JPG IMG_4835 (1).JPG

• Like Like x 3
  7. utal

utal Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Would be really great to use VIR on other batt configuration..

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  8. Yaya

Yaya Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I think imeo got burned out after 4years of developing the VIR. Still the damn thing does work and probably would be fairly simple to upsize it. Not really necessary to have a micro VIR.
    Just think in' out loud.:shock::cool::p

• Like Like x 2
  9. imeothanasis

imeothanasis Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    No problem woita!
    You are right about Tilly spares and I am working on them as we speak. In fact I am making all GG constructions spares as we speak

Yes, esterigon parts for VIR will be sold much cheaper, just for proteus users. I just didnt find the time to make esterigon parts for VIR. I am trying to make a lot of things together and sometimes its difficult to do all of them at once. I am trying to satisfy right now all people that need parts for GG constructions and thats a lot of work because I have to make about 350 parts.

About the communication with you, I am doing exactly this. I am trying to put things in a priority. The first priority if you agree is to make all spares, together with new innovations, witch is my first priority. Spares comes second and updated things for existing GG constructions comes third (like vir for exterigon or Ithaka base for Armed, or......)

Ok, let me see what I can do, together with spares that I am making right now

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dontknow

Dontknow Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2013
    Devon
    And VIR for JustGG as well...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  11. Yaya

• Like Like x 1
  12. woita

Sep 20, 2014
    Ohio
    Thank you for you kind reply and your understanding. Again, no hard feelings intended here :)

I understand you are busy and full of ideas. If you could at least make some "adapter rings" with those spares to use Proteus-VIR-parts on an Esterigon tube - that would make me happy enough until you find the time for a more elaborate solution :D

Have a nice weekend!

• Like Like x 3
  13. monkkx

monkkx Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2013
    paris, abu dhabi
    That'll make at least 2 of us happy!

• Like Like x 4
  14. soulseek

soulseek Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2013
    London, UK
    From what I remember reading he's not exactly sure how make this work Esterigon and he's too busy selling new atomisers and accessories. It makes sense, in the short term, from a business point of view, since he'll barely make any extra money by releasing cheap Esterigon adapters for Proteus users. It's just frustrating as I assume a few of us wouldn't have bought it to begin with if we knew it would take this long.

As I said before, don't know on this anytime soon...

• Like Like x 3
  15. utal

utal Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 12, 2011
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Agree with all, the 3 years wait for Proteus turned it out of usage to me due to batt configuration in the actual days (know that it will probably fit others needs) and any GG basic adapter for Esterigon or any GG mod would make me very happy

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
  16. Yaya

I have absolutely nothing to say about VIR predictions and promises. Esterigon, JGG anyone?:(:yawn::grr::-x:censored::angel::nun:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Tim26

Tim26 Full Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Chelmsford Essex
    The easiest fix I could find to use vir with a bigger battery was to fit the proteus brass housing inside a poldiac clone switch housing . All that's required is to open out a rib on the inside to slide the proteus part in . I've been using it for 3 days now and I'm getting a good 8 hours of heavy use on a 3000 mah . It works really well and will keep me going until imeo comes up with something

• Like Like x 3
  18. hobbes4

hobbes4 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2009
    Pics? Not sure what you mean by open out a rib on the inside?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tim26

Tim26 Full Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Chelmsford Essex
    I'll post some pics when I've worked out how to , what I mean by open out the rib is . If you take the proteus brass part it is 17mm diameter , strip out the poldiac switch there is a rib / flange inside that is smaller . Open this out to 17mm + and you can fit the proteus brass part with the vir into the poldiac . The button and the led line up nicely with the hole for the poldiad button . So you can try it with a bigger battery . It's not pretty and it's not perfect but it works . When I have more time I'm going to tidy it up and make it look better .

• Like Like x 3
  20. Tim26

Tim26 Full Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Chelmsford Essex
    Hope you can see this , proteus brass part inside poldiac
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7