Vision TOX with metal heads back in stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
It wasn't pleasant looking out my side window by the door and seeing two uniformed Sugar Land policeman...I thought, "wow what did I do???" You think a ton of things like, are your kids ok, is the new world order gov't in full effect now? , etc :O

I'm sorry. I just have to lmao at danno, cuz I can totally see him being confronted by the cops...NOT

How scarey. I would have been in tears.

sent from my LG- Android using x-parent pink Tapatalk --live fast,die pretty

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
I really want to buy the TOX but after trying many VV devices i was wondering if this will cause issues with 1.5ohm dc's at 5v or even 6. Like the gripper and provari, none of them work at 5v with dualcoils. Anyone have any idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dunno, but since it goes in .1 increments, theres lots of room, so if 6 doesn't do it on a full battery, well 5.9 or 5.8 might. It's got me thinking...

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
I really want to buy the TOX but after trying many VV devices i was wondering if this will cause issues with 1.5ohm dc's at 5v or even 6. Like the gripper and provari, none of them work at 5v with dualcoils. Anyone have any idea?

Mikey3, I might be wrong, but I'm pretty confident that its in the very nature of a 1.5ohm dc to be unable to vape at that voltage. They're not designed for it, and will fry, every time, at those very high levels. Now I have 1.5 single coils, and about the highest I take those (aside from a puff or two) is about the 4.25v mark, on my vv box. Have you seen that really cool 'safe vaping levels' chart? I have it on my drive, but don't have the link to it. If you like I could email it to you, or perhaps someone else has a link? Just pm me if you need it.

Oh another thing I didn't know till yesterday (was one really cool thread, one person posted chart I'm talking about, another person posted this equation... both are SUPER helpful)....

Volts X Volts / ohms = Watts (most people vape in the 7-9 watt range)

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
I'm amazed and astounded they're working so well for you that high! I'll have to give that a whirl. I think the problem is in the amp restriction, isn't it? Like Lava tube and Vision Tox are restricted to total of 2.5 amps.. I think provari is way higher at 3.5? Anyway, guessing that's the trouble. I wonder if vv boxes would be better for you? I've got a vv box and it'll pretty much fire at anything I put on it, at any voltage... i just don't cause I've fried a few. There's that new AMAZING looking box at..heck, can't think of it... think its where they sell the ipro, though. Brain is on hiatus. That's the highest end (techy) looking box I've ever seen, and at $170... pricey.

Mikey3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Monmouth County NJ
mikey on the gripper a few people mentioned using lifepo and then they work just fine, have you tested this

That is a negative bad. Will look into that. I like the size and shape of the TOX and that its 3-6 instead of 3.7 5 6. Gives me a little play to find the sweetspots ;). I know the provari has an upgrade available that will allow DC 1.5 to work on it now. But damnn they're so expensive

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
Ok, so I'm FREAKING OUT. I was sooo excited about the Tox, and I'm so desperate for a new pv (since my boxes both died in one day), but Brian5470 just posted this about his... does ANYONE else have one, and the ability to test it? I use primarily 3ohm Boges, 2ohm Boges, and 1.7ohm resurrectors (single coil)... So if this is how they all perform, it flat out won't work for me. Anyone else have a Tox in their hands and a meter handy, by any chance?

from Brian5470 (in another tox thread, in vv forum)...
Well did some testing on my Tox today and not good news at a 6v setting with a 3ohm boge carto I only get 4.2 volts under load at 4.2 volts under the same 3ohm load I only get 3.5 volts under load at 3.7 volts under the same 3ohm load I only get 3.3 volts. So I am thinking of sending it back. A 3ohm boge should let the Tox run up to its six volts rating with the 2.5 amp limiter. Oh and I tried it under both battery sizes which made no difference.

IThrenodyI

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2011
Wild Wonderful WV
I just got mine today. I don't have a meter, but going on feel I would say that mine doesn't drop like that under load. I'm playing around with a 3.0 boge, a 5v box, a 5v tube, and assorted ego batts. At 5.0 on the TOX the vape is almost identical to the box, a little lighter and cooler then the 5v tube mod, but the difference is barely discernible. The 3.4 setting on the TOX is comparable to my ego batts.

I'd say wait until more numbers come out if this concerns you, because the results the other poster got may not be the norm. Based on performance alone, so far I am extremely happy with mine!

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
oh no... definitely agree with you there. Its all about the satisfaction and the flavor, for sure. But I'm broke, and know I can't afford to spend $70-$90 on something that I could get for $19.95 (ie: a 4ish volt vape). I'm still hopeful, maybe he just got a crummy one. But I'm a little more aware now that I have to move slower and wait for more data. My friend Rick will get SUCH a kick out of this... he's been telling me for 5 days that regardless of how desperate I am for my voltage back, not to jump into something brand brand new, before some basic data and reviews are out. And of course I knew he was right... but this 3.2 v ego I'm on is killing me! lol But rushing is all fine and good for people who have backups or can afford to make a mistake, but for me, this one pv I get... whatever I get... is what I'm gonna be stuck with for at least a year. sad, but true! lol

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
orachel, I'll tell you this, the only thing so far that's disappointing is the top part of the tube where the integrated circuit and screen are is made of plastic. If I'm not mistaken the LT is all metal. If you're the kind of person who drops things often this may not be for you.

You mean the whole controller top part? That's made of plastic? Oh, that's a bit of a bummer. I believe the LT is all metal, except for top and bottom caps themselves... but I have heard from a few people that those plastic caps on LT aren't very durable... a few have had them crack in half, entirely. And bad, very glad to hear it stands up to the 'dropsy' test. lol I don't drop things often, but it's nice to know if it does take a tumble, its not toast. ;)

edit... you know, now that I think about it, I think I remember seeing on the alibaba product page that the materials were 'black metal'. Might be remembering in error, but don't think that plastic was mentioned. I wonder if any of the vendors were surprised by that. Of course, my cell phone is plastic, and that doesn't affect the durability much.. its just more an aesthetic thing.

Last edited:

VictoryNotVengence

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2009
USA

Its working with my dual coils. 6v doesn't feel like 6v but it definatly is hot

also, for those that don't know, in the smaller 18350 tube the unit will work with an AW IMR 3.7v 550 mah rcr123a aka 16340.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread