Status
Not open for further replies.

DHumberson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
They had a vision and it was the ViVi Nova.

Wow where to begin. The Nova came packed in a box which once opened, revealed the Nova assembled and neatly placed in a sturdy foam packaging along with 2 other atomizers. It came with a 1.8 ohm, 2.4 ohm, and 2.8 ohm head. The tank holds 3.5 ml of juice which easily lasts a whole day if you are a moderate vaper. What to say about this tank. Hmm, excellent throat hit and vapor production with the 1.8 ohm head at 4.2 volts. Unfortunately i have not tried any of the other heads yet. The tank is built very sturdy with the caps made from stainless steel. It sits perfectly on top of my Smoktech VV Gripper. I have noticed that the Gripper displays the 1.8 ohm head at 2.1 ohms, which to me is not that big of a deal and I can get over it. What I do love is how quiet the Nova is. With my other tanks you get the rice crispies sound. Not with this, I'm vaping in bed next to my wife it is so quiet. I first vaped a 50/50 24 mg blend of french vanilla from maddcattvapors.com. Vaped excellently for a day and half. I decided to flush it out with hot water and let dry. The tank came apart effortlessly. I then dried them with a paper towel. After an hour or so I reassembled the Nova and filled it with chocolate covered banana from Madd Catts. After letting the wicks soak for 10 min I gave it a go. No problems what so ever. After approximately 15 hits the vaping was as awesome as I remembered it. What I love about the Nova is that it has a harder draw with the 1.8 ohm head making it a super smooth hit. As for leaking it hasn't been an issue. I have abused the Nova for the past 2 days in my cargo pocket. I did have maybe a half bead of juice up under the drip tip which was easily removed by a trusty q-tip. All in all I am quite impressed. I can not seem to find any real drawbacks with this product. It is almost too good to be true. I almost figured the tank would fog with the banana flavoring like most tanks but so far no issues either. If I do come across any drawbacks I will edit this thread. What is awesome is you can choose to rewire and wick the atomizers or purchase several for around $3 a pop and a complete Nova kit for $10-12. To me this is relatively the most inexpensive way to go. All in all I am really impressed by the ViVi Nova version 2.5 and once again it is almost to good to be true.
Happy vaping :vapor:

DHumberson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thanks just opened up 2nd ViVi Nova and filled it up only to realize that the 2 air holes by the 510 connector were never made. Tried to take a draw nothing. Like trying to suck a golf ball through a garden hose. Trying to decide if I should contact the company I received it from or try to figure a way to make my own air holes. Not much into modding may end up breaking it in the long run. So I suppose in my review I was right in saying that it was to good to be true...

DHumberson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
i have the mini vivi nova, it is a great product, i loved,i rebuild the coil head, some times,
nicrome 34 and fiber, i got,amazing flavour and vapor...
I just got one of these about 5 weeks ago, I am using it on a vv ego batty and 900 mah battery.

Cant wait to rebuild with some mesh..

DHumberson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Post up your results. I saw a vid and it looked easy enough. The coil comes apart really easily and snaps right back together.I would like to know if it is an improvement with the mesh wick

Alright will have to post my results as soon as I try it with the mesh

noxdrako

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2010
Ocala fl
I have been following the information for the vivi mini and am confused about something.. I see some sites saying the 2.5 is polypropylene, and I noticed the op said they used a banana flavored juice. I am concerned about cracking, I like see through, even if it's somewhat opaque (would rather not have to get a metal tank). I like Mt. Dew based flavors, like the option of gummi bear and banana, all of which I have seen on the no no list for polycarbonate. Can anyone give advice on if the gotvapes 2.5 mini is likely to crack under those flavors? I'm considering gv code red flavor, dreamer, peach/pineapple and maybe strawberry or menthol.

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
I've had my Vivi Nova for about a month and a half now. The first month, I used the stock 2.4ohm head, and really liked it. It wicked well, gave tons of vapor with all my juices (most of which are thick-30/70 pg/vg), and the flavor was very good on everything I tried in it.

Then about a week ago, I switched to the 2.8phm head. It doesn't wick quite as well, had a very light throat hit with a VERY cool vapor, and although the vapor production was good, the flavor just didn't seem to be satisfying on most juices.

This past weekend, I decied to try the 1.8 head, and have been using it since Sunday. Throat hit is VERY aggressive--even at low voltages, the vapor production seems less than the other two heads, and the vapor is noticeably warmer. Interestingly enough, the flavor is sort of on an off--sometimes it is good, but most of the time it flip-flops between weak and burnt. Wicking seems to be OK, so I'm not getting "dry hits", and I've tried it at several voltagaes, but it just always seems a little too hot, and slighly toasty-tasting.

So I guess when I order new heads (or try to rebuild my own) I'll be shooting for the 2.4ohm range.

Of course, every person has different likes and dislikes. YMMV...

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
I fight with my Mini. Tons of condensation in the top cap below the drip tip...

The "pin" inside the top rubber grommet is almost never centered... the condensation has a tendency to run down into that hole and through to the connector.

I am constantly cleaning the condensation out of the top with a Qtip and blowing out the clearo so my PV doesn't get an eBath (trademark). LOL

I don't get it... did I get a dud?

Barto

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2011
Kapetown
Mine is great, next I will be buying the 3.5,, trying different heads now.. so good for now., I think I found a winer.. I have it mounted to my ProVari
glare.gif
Yep, that's a good one!

Detail Man

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
Indiana USA
I fight with my Mini. Tons of condensation in the top cap below the drip tip...

The "pin" inside the top rubber grommet is almost never centered... the condensation has a tendency to run down into that hole and through to the connector.

I am constantly cleaning the condensation out of the top with a Qtip and blowing out the clearo so my PV doesn't get an eBath (trademark). LOL

I don't get it... did I get a dud?
My mini does the same. It works great but after cleaning it leaks like crazy. I've had the top cap condensation too. The podium on the bottom cap that the coil head threads onto lifts off leaving just the pin. The pin is held in place by a rubber sleeve. My sleeve doesn't have a good seal. So, I'm probably going to go to the hardware store and see if I can come up with something.

MissAmerican

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
I just got a vivi nova and mine sucks, it gives little to no vapor and I have tried 5 different atomizer heads with the same result each time. I've watched videos of how to use the nova and everyone seems to get huge clouds of vapor with it. I don't know what i'm doing wrong I just cannot figure it out! any help or advice for this issue? thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread