GotVapes VORTEX 2.0 - Its Here and READY for the Big SHOWWWWWWWWWWW..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
there is a video of it on my youtube channel and it releases most likely tomorow

HOT & NEW CYCLONE EGO VORNADO 3ml TANK SYSTEM , optional 3 stage dongle - YouTube

the picture you posted above is a .......ization of the vortex 3 and we turned it down, what we are introducing is a much improved version of what the vortex 3 should have been under a new name CYCLONE VORNADO

that glue or whatever it is doesnt look pretty nor did all the leaks we had while testing.

tomorrow will be the introduction of a real unit built with quality behind it.

by the way wicks dont burn( the ones in all our systems), thats the juice or whatever your using building up on the wick and coil.

Last edited:

kgj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2010
NM
They is badkolo and gotvapes
who is "they"?? I would love to check that out.... although disapointing that its 510 threaded. badkolo mentioned a few different ones way back on 12/10 and besides the 2 vision's he mentioned I haven't seen or heard of any of them

He was also saying that that cyclone is like a next gen vortex as well. would love to finally see some of these mythical products.

bstedh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Northern Minnesota
www.clear.com
Can the ego cone portion at the bottom be easily cut off to work on other devices? I use almost exclusively box type mods or tube mods that the connector is set flush on the body.

I have a couple of vortex on hand yet that I keep around for emergency's. These look like a good replacement if I can get them to work on my MOD's.

vapomike

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
Hickory, NC (USA)
there is a video of it on my youtube channel and it releases most likely tomorow

HOT & NEW CYCLONE EGO VORNADO 3ml TANK SYSTEM , optional 3 stage dongle - YouTube

the picture you posted above is a .......ization of the vortex 3 and we turned it down, what we are introducing is a much improved version of what the vortex 3 should have been under a new name CYCLONE VORNADO

that glue or whatever it is doesnt look pretty nor did all the leaks we had while testing.

tomorrow will be the introduction of a real unit built with quality behind it.

by the way wicks dont burn( the ones in all our systems), thats the juice or whatever your using building up on the wick and coil.

So basically that video is what is replacing the Vortex 2.0? I'm really confused right now as that thing is huge and a 510 connection. That seems like something completely different from the Vortex and not a replacement or a progressive improvement at all. The only thing the two have in common is a bottom coil. I really hope you are introducing a version of something that has a similar size to the current Vortex 2.0 and will fit a regular 808.

Last edited:

CaliVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Outer Space
They is badkolo and gotvapes
what are you talking about... I have been checking gotvapes.com almost daily, in anticipation of the vortex 3.0 and the check the dwindling stock levels of the vortex 2.0 (which i ended up ordering another pack the other day) and i just checked the site again right before typing this very post, and I've yet to see anything about a vortex 3.0 or tornado anywhere on the site

Last edited:

CaliVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Outer Space
Is there anyway to avoid this? Have been using juice from velvet vapors, it's a mix of approx. 80/20 (pg/vg)

So basically that video is what is replacing the Vortex 2.0? I'm really confused right now as that thing is huge and a 510 connection. That seems like something completely different from the Vortex and not a replacement or a progressive improvement at all. The only thing the two have in common is a bottom coil. I really hope you are introducing a version of something that has a similar size to the current Vortex 2.0 and will fit a regular 808.

I second this. the vortex 2.0 are almost outta stock which is why i went ahead and ordered another pack the other day, but they don't last as long as I had hoped for. By the time this new pack is done for, the remaining stock will almost certainly be gone. are you planning on ordering more from the manufacturer? or planning on introducing any new products that are more like the vortex 2.0 or fluxo... (mainly a clearo with 808 threads, and roughly the same diameter of a standard 808 battery)?

kgj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2010
NM
Badkolo announced them here on the forum as Vortex V3. I don't know whether they were ever posted on the site as such.

what are you talking about... I have been checking gotvapes.com almost daily, in anticipation of the vortex 3.0 and the check the dwindling stock levels of the vortex 2.0 (which i ended up ordering another pack the other day) and i just checked the site again right before typing this very post, and I've yet to see anything about a vortex 3.0 or tornado anywhere on the site

JesByChance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2011
NorCal
Two questions from a newb:

1. What is bomb dropping?
2. Searched forums and youtube for cleaning the vortex and cannot find anything. I'm assuming (haven't tried because I've found them to be very fragile) that the bottom is glued so that you cannot easily "wiggle" the tube off (and it's glass and if you squeeze wrong, it would shatter or crack). So, how do you clean 'em?

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
Two questions from a newb:

1. What is bomb dropping?
2. Searched forums and youtube for cleaning the vortex and cannot find anything. I'm assuming (haven't tried because I've found them to be very fragile) that the bottom is glued so that you cannot easily "wiggle" the tube off (and it's glass and if you squeeze wrong, it would shatter or crack). So, how do you clean 'em?

Here's how I've done it:

1. I put the carto on a dead battery...makes it easier to work with.
2. I Pulled out the mouthpiece.
3. I wiggled gently, and pulled on the outer clear sleeve until it came off.
4. I wiggled gently, and pulled on the inner tube until that came off.
5a. If you have Vortex 1...the filler is around the outside of the base of the lower tube. I just throw that way or replace with PTB material (optional...tho' it does help prevent pushing a drop through the carto at fill time).
5b. If you have a Vortex 2...gently pry out the wad of filling and either wash it out, or replace it with your own choice of filler.
6. I lit a butane torch and gave the coils and wick a good burn.
7. Washed it off really good with distilled water.
8. Gave it a quick torching again to dry out the water (to me, too much water in an atty tastes really bad).
9. Saturated the coils with fresh eliquid and did several burns on a good battery.
10. (optional) put a bit of teflon tape or a bead of glue around the base of the carto up to just beneath the wicks.
11. Reassembled the carto.

Alot of steps there, it probably took me about 10 minutes to do all that.

I usually don't go to all this trouble, but I wanted to see how long I could force a Vortex to last. With 2 cleanings like this, my test unit made it through close to 60ml of liquid before it finally popped on me. By accident, I discovered how easily you can wind your own new coil for this carto if you have the right ni-chrome wire laying around. On mine the coils were not 'soldered in'. I could just pull it out with tweezers...wind a new one on an old CE2 wick, and shove the new one in place (with some patience and wire working to get the spacing just right).

JesByChance

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2011
NorCal
Here's how I've done it:

1. I put the carto on a dead battery...makes it easier to work with.
2. I Pulled out the mouthpiece.
3. I wiggled gently, and pulled on the outer clear sleeve until it came off.
4. I wiggled gently, and pulled on the inner tube until that came off.
5a. If you have Vortex 1...the filler is around the outside of the base of the lower tube. I just throw that way or replace with PTB material (optional...tho' it does help prevent pushing a drop through the carto at fill time).
5b. If you have a Vortex 2...gently pry out the wad of filling and either wash it out, or replace it with your own choice of filler.
6. I lit a butane torch and gave the coils and wick a good burn.
7. Washed it off really good with distilled water.
8. Gave it a quick torching again to dry out the water (to me, too much water in an atty tastes really bad).
9. Saturated the coils with fresh eliquid and did several burns on a good battery.
10. (optional) put a bit of teflon tape or a bead of glue around the base of the carto up to just beneath the wicks.
11. Reassembled the carto.

Alot of steps there, it probably took me about 10 minutes to do all that.

I usually don't go to all this trouble, but I wanted to see how long I could force a Vortex to last. With 2 cleanings like this, my test unit made it through close to 60ml of liquid before it finally popped on me. By accident, I discovered how easily you can wind your own new coil for this carto if you have the right ni-chrome wire laying around. On mine the coils were not 'soldered in'. I could just pull it out with tweezers...wind a new one on an old CE2 wick, and shove the new one in place (with some patience and wire working to get the spacing just right).

Credo, thanks for taking the time to write this up! I'll give it a try!

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
Credo, thanks...it worked! question on step 10, my teflon tape is a bit wide for the narrow width beneath the wicks and the bottom so I didn't do this step. I noticed that it leaked a bit...I figure I'll just have to cut out the excess and then reassemble.

I think I folded a piece in half. I pulled it tight so it sucks up like shrink wrap from just below the wick slots...yep, some overhung the bottom of the carto. I just went ahead and pushed on the tube, then used a razor to trim the excess from around the base.

CaliVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Outer Space
what kinda glue do you use to reattach the tube? I wouldn't feel comfortable using teflon or normal glue as the juice could disolve it or it could leech toxic chemicals worse than anything found in real cigarettes into the solution that you're vaping.

btw... so far I've had 2 vortex 2.0's (one after about 3 weeks, one after about 6 days) go bad... the coil starts to glow orange like the coil on a stove and it litteraly lights up the the whole ALF orange, and the juice tastes really nasty... obviously i quit using those... anyone else had this happen?

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
what kinda glue do you use to reattach the tube? I wouldn't feel comfortable using teflon or normal glue as the juice could disolve it or it could leech toxic chemicals worse than anything found in real cigarettes into the solution that you're vaping.

btw... so far I've had 2 vortex 2.0's (one after about 3 weeks, one after about 6 days) go bad... the coil starts to glow orange like the coil on a stove and it litteraly lights up the the whole ALF orange, and the juice tastes really nasty... obviously i quit using those... anyone else had this happen?

Teflon tape is is used in water pipes, oxygen systems, etc. It's not toxic.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_seal_tape

I'd avoid putting high acid liquids (cinnamon, some really sour citrus/apple, possibly cloves) in there...but not just because of the thread-tape. It'll eat the Vortex itself :)

PG/VG, and flavorings with a more normal PH should pose no problem with the PTFE tape.

Last edited:

bstedh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Northern Minnesota
www.clear.com
I would assume the wick is dry if it is lighting up. maybe crud buildup on the wick keeping it from wicking properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread