Status
Not open for further replies.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
The Tahiti cold pressed does not taste fresh to me, more like those frozen cans you buy.
It is the closest to fresh fruit that I have tasted so far; but I respect your own take on it too. It may be that I have not had closer yet, that I am calling is fresh(er).:)
The FA Florida key lime is the one that tastes like fresh lime juice but fades as quickly as FA lemon Sicily.
I like FA-Lemon Sicily; and I agree about the fade. Some how, it kind of makes (some?) sense to me that a lime by the same mfg. might have a similar problem.

Regardless, I may need to check out FA's FKL, as it sounds closer to what I am wanting. Thanks for the input.:thumb:

I am eager to hear how your impression of VTA-Persian Lime develops as you have a chance to put it through its paces.
Bite for me does not equal bitter. Bite is just what I feel on my tongue and does not refer to taste.:)
As I read your comment, I have to agree; bite is more sensation based, while bitter is more flavor based. You defined that well.:D

I find the FA-Tahiti Distilled has ample amounts of both. It reminds me of what I taste when I nibble on a bit of lime zest... noticeable bite (prickly?), along with a bitter astringency;)
We need a flavor tasting glossary.:lol:
That would make life too easy!
6213.gif

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
FA-Tahiti Distilled has ample amounts of both
I'll have to add that one to the list. I don't keep a bitter and it might come in handy taming a too sweet fruit mix. I find lime compliments most every fruit more so than lemon or grapefruit.

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2016
North Carolina
I've been enjoying mixing with the Pudding Base (VTA) these last few weeks. To me, it's like a yellow pudding flavor. Rich & creamy, thick mouthfeel with a slight cakey texture. I'm looking forward to trying some flavored pudding mixes soonish. I've used it in a couple of adapted, for me, recipes so far & am pretty pleased. I will be getting a big bottle next time... :D

I'm vaping these now... :cool:

Butter Almond Custard *Original by Krucial on ATF
Custard (INW) 2%
Pudding Base (VTA) 2%
Butterscotch Ripple (FW) 3.5%
Yellow Cake (FW) 1.5%
Almond (FA) 1.5%
Sweetener (TFA) 1% (Optional)

Hazelnut Custard *Original by Tootall - (modified version of the above)
Custard (INW) 2%
Pudding Base (VTA) 2%
Hazelnuts and Cream (WF) 2.25%
Yellow Cake (FW) 1.5%

Age 2 weeks... :)

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I've been enjoying mixing with the Pudding Base (VTA) these last few weeks. To me, it's like a yellow pudding flavor. Rich & creamy, thick mouthfeel with a slight cakey texture. I'm looking forward to trying some flavored pudding mixes soonish. I've used it in a couple of adapted, for me, recipes so far & am pretty pleased. I will be getting a big bottle next time... :D

Custard (INW) 2%
    Pudding Base (VTA) 2%
    Yellow Cake (FW) 1.5%
    Almond (FA) 1.5%

Custard (INW) 2%
    Pudding Base (VTA) 2%
    Yellow Cake (FW) 1.5%

You're killing me with those. They look so good and I know I can't vape them:(

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2016
    North Carolina
    You're killing me with those. They look so good and I know I can't vape them:(

Make a small tester without the sweetener or replace it w/ marshmallow. Maybe sub your favorite tobacco for the Butterscotch Ripple. Hmmm, I might try that myself... lol. :D

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Make a small tester without the sweetener or replace it w/ marshmallow. Maybe sub your favorite tobacco for the Butterscotch Ripple. Hmmm, I might try that myself... lol. :D
    ok,now you got me thinking. Might have the get the pudding base. Is it real sweet?

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 14, 2016
    North Carolina
    ok,now you got me thinking. Might have the get the pudding base. Is it real sweet?

I don't find it sweet, more rich, thick & creamy to me. Of course, you have to remember who your asking, I'm a sweets lover... :D To me, it's like a lighter, creamier, thicker version of Inawera's Custard. It makes a great base for other flavors & seems to intensify their presence in mixes... :cool: May be worth trying a small bottle on your next BCF order... :)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I don't find it sweet, more rich, thick & creamy to me. Of course, you have to remember who your asking, I'm a sweets lover... :D To me, it's like a lighter, creamier, thicker version of Inawera's Custard. It makes a great base for other flavors & seems to intensify their presence in mixes... :cool: May be worth trying a small bottle on your next BCF order... :)
    Duly noted:)

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2016
    Niagara Region, ON CANADA

Custard (INW) 2%
    Pudding Base (VTA) 2%
    Yellow Cake (FW) 1.5%
    Almond (FA) 1.5%

Custard (INW) 2%
    Pudding Base (VTA) 2%
    Yellow Cake (FW) 1.5%

These both look like really good recipes. Thanks @dobroeutro ! This will help light a fire under my .... to get mixing with that Pudding Base. (I like that touch of Yellow Cake there - well worth the gunking of the coils ;))

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I have made flavor notes on a few of the Vape Train flavors. I haven't gotten to the creams or the booze yet but will share the notes I have. I hope to get to the boozy flavors this week. I have been using the VTA Light Rum in my Piña Colada with great success - 1% VTA Light Rum, 1% FA Jamaican Special. The VTA Russian Vodka doesn't seem to add much - single flavor testing should help zero in on what is actually has going for it.

• Fizzy Sherbet
      Lovely citrus fruit flavors, bright and vibrant. The first flavor I pick up is a bright lemon. There is lime there as well. Lemon and lime are the predominant flavors. Under the top notes of lemon and lime, there is orange, mandarin, and grapefruit – heavy on the lemon/lime. It is sweet with no tartness. Bright and sweet citrus is a good description. This will accent any citrus it is added to, without changing the flavor – it will add a bright citrus note. It adds a tangy mouth feel and the perception of effervescence. Use at about 2% as an accent.
    • Sugarloaf Pineapple
      Sugarloaf pineapple is a pineapple variety that is white and even the core can be eaten. This is the Kauai Hawaiian pineapple and what you get if you get pineapple in Hawaii. The VT Sugarloaf Pineapple is a fresh, juicy, sweet, authentic pineapple. It is as good as Inawera’s pineapple and maybe even better, more authentic – I give it a slight edge to INW. It is sweet, it is juicy, it tastes as fresh as a bottled flavor can taste. Like other pineapple flavors, it is not strong. Rather thin on mouth feel. Use it at 5% to 6% in a mix. Definitely a winner! I have been mixing Sugarloaf and INW half and half in my mixes and that works well. This is the best pineapple flavor out there, IMHO.
    • VTA Shisha Raspberry
      This is a nice, sweet raspberry. Not terribly vibrant or intense (FA and Inawera are intense raspberries, by comparison.) It tastes fresh without cloying sweetness or overwhelming tartness. This could be used, IMO, anywhere you would use FA or Inawera, but at a higher percentage – probably 2% here rather than the .5% of the other two.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Sugarloaf pineapple is a lovely pineapple, perfect for sherbet or sorbet but shines when mixed with Purilum pineapple 2:1. Those 2 for me are a perfect pineapple imo. Paired they ate good pineapple only mix. Adding Fa green apple tart is a lovely simple and refreshing vape.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Sugarloaf pineapple is a lovely pineapple, perfect for sherbet or sorbet but shines when mixed with Purilum pineapple 2:1. Those 2 for me are a perfect pineapple imo. Paired they ate good pineapple only mix. Adding Fa green apple tart is a lovely simple and refreshing vape.

I have Purilum Golden Pineapple. Is this the one you mentioned or is there another? In my tasting notes, I felt it was a sweet, cooked pineapple, juicier than CAP Golden and not acidic. I haven't tried mixing with it yet. Thanks for the review. I will give it a go.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I have Purilum Golden Pineapple. Is this the one you mentioned or is there another? In my tasting notes, I felt it was a sweet, cooked pineapple, juicier than CAP Golden and not acidic. I haven't tried mixing with it yet. Thanks for the review. I will give it a go.
    Yes golden, I get no cooked notes from it. My favorite stand alone pineapple is still WF (SC). Favorite candy pineapple is HS with a bit of Cap golden added.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Interested in hearing more on that. Sweet?
    Both, just a bit off I'll give it a couple weeks before changing the percentage. Unfortunately patience is key when you love orange mixes. They change so much during steeping.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Another Vape Train single flavor test to report. I will test the rums and the Russian Vodka tomorrow. I am tested out for the day I think.

VAPE TRAIN
    • Blood Orange Champagne

Tested at 4% and steeped for a week. The first thing I taste is artificial orange flavor. The blood orange is candy-like and sweet. There is no tart citrus you would get from the actual fruit. The perception of effervescence is right up there with FW Pink Champagne. They got the champagne fizzy sparkle down. Why ruin that fizzy sparkle with that artificial blood orange though? For me, the sweet orange weighs down the fizzy sparkle but it does come through at 4%. I don't think you will be able to mix around the sweet orange so I see this in a Mimosa or other cocktail. It doesn't have the thicker mouthfeel of the other fizzy flavors so this won't give you much texture or mouthfeel. It is boozier than the other champagnes tested but getting around that sweet orange will be a real challenge.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread