Not open for further replies.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I ordered VTA Botanical Gin and VTA Tonic on the ChefsFest promo. I chose untracked shipping, so probably won't see the flavors for 10 days at best. I will review them when they arrive. Excited about the Botanical Gin!
    I'll be excited to see your review.:)

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I ordered VTA Botanical Gin and their Tonic from Chefs Flavours and am SO glad I did. I contacted Bull City Flavors to ask if they might start carrying these flavors as they are excellent. The reply was that they are trying to get the ENTIRE VTA line!!! *fingers crossed*

My flavor notes:

• Botanical Gin

Tested at 4%. This is a very good with a hint of sweetness that manages to be moderately boozy. Well-rounded like a high-end gin, with a citrus note and a pleasant juniper note paired with some clean green leafy notes in the back end. Just as good as the more expensive Flavor Monks gins (according to the Noted testers). Better than FA with less juniper. Use this at 2 to 4% depending on how much gin flavor you want in the mix. (some mixers use it at 7%) 4% gives me the flavor of a good gin. Excellent!
    • Tonic Water

Tested at 3%. This actually tastes like tonic water though the flavor is light. There is definitely a quinine bitter note that becomes more prominent with a steep. That bitterness lingers after the exhale. For the most authentic tonic water flavor, steep for 7 days. The only complaint I have with this flavor is that there no effervescence. Tonic is supposed to be effervescent so that is disappointing. Still, if you want a Gin & Tonic, this will do the trick. .5% VTA Fizzy Sherbet will help with the effervescence. I would say 3 to 4% depending on how much tonic you want to taste.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    This thread is seriously underused. I know that a lot of us are using VTA flavors now and we should be sharing the info. I don't remember if I posted my flavor notes for the Sorbet Base or not. If so, I want to amend the notes. I said that Sorbet Base had an undefinable citrus undertone. Thanks to Liam Davey on the Chefs Flavours FB page, that undefinable note is watermelon. That helps to explain why I don't like it. I do think that the iciness it provides could help with a sorbet but if like me, you don't want watermelon in your sorbet, you will have to mix around that flavor with some heavier fruits. I tried it in a lemon sorbet and got the off flavor, now identified as watermelon. Maybe berries would work better. IDK

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    @FranC - from reading posts on the Chefs Flavours FB page and from reading my new friend Liam's flavor notes, I think we used the VTA Russian Vodka way too low. He says it gets boozy and tastes like vodka at 5%. As soon as I find a minute or two, I will retest my Sea Breeze and Bay Breeze cocktail recipes at 5%. IIRC, I used 1 or 2% when I first tried them out.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    @FranC - from reading posts on the Chefs Flavours FB page and from reading my new friend Liam's flavor notes, I think we used the VTA Russian Vodka way too low. He says it gets boozy and tastes like vodka at 5%. As soon as I find a minute or two, I will retest my Sea Breeze and Bay Breeze cocktail recipes at 5%. IIRC, I used 1 or 2% when I first tried them out.
    I gave up on that Vodka. I'll be interested in your findings.:)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I’ve liked most of the VT flavors I’ve tried. My favorites so far are blueberry milkshake, juicy raspberry, pudding base. I think I might have a few sft to try still. I kinda lost track.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    Are there any USA vendors, besides Bull City, that are currently selling VTA concentrates? Bull has a pretty good selection; but they are not complete. I am starting to build my Labor Day sales lists and am looking for options. (I am aware of Chef's Flavours, and VTA direct from AU, but doubt they will be doing anything for a US-specific holiday.:))

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Are there any USA vendors, besides Bull City, that are currently selling VTA concentrates? Bull has a pretty good selection; but they are not complete. I am starting to build my Labor Day sales lists and am looking for options. (I am aware of Chef's Flavours, and VTA direct from AU, but doubt they will be doing anything for a US-specific holiday.:))

Not at this point. I know that Bull City is trying to get the entire VTA line but that likely won't happen in time for Labor Day sales, if it happens at all. If you join the Chefs Flavours FB page, they do run sales and there is a discount for their FB page members.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    If you join the Chefs Flavours FB page, they do run sales and there is a discount for their FB page members.
    Thank you, PJ.:wub: Though I am loathe to do much on FB; I did exactly that earlier this evening. I am now waiting for my acceptance. :)

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    Tasted my VTA toffee ice cream sf (mixed the 12th) and can tell I'll be wanting a larger bottle of this one. Very good but need an added toffee boost, mixed this up before work.
    HS caramel toffee 1.5%
    FA cookie biscotto .5%
    FE oak milk 1.5%
    WF(SC) sugar cone 2%
    VTA toffee IC 3.5%
    Looks good! How’d it come out?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    It's pretty good but needs trimmed. Mixed a little with my FW butter pecan sft and it rounded it out some. Working on v2 and v3 recipes. Think I'll drop the oak milk and sugar cone, touch too sweet for this mix. Will try waffle cone instead. thinking one with Italian cream and one with waffle cone.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I don't think I mentioned in this thread the success I had by raising the % of the VTA Russian Vodka to 5 in my recipes. This is the one I can't put down!

Fizzy Sea Breeze
    Aurora (FA) 1%
    Cranberry (TPA) 3%
    Lime Tahity (Cold Pressed) (FA) .5%
    Pink Guava (Flavorah) 1%
    Ruby Red Grapefruit (Natural) (FW) 1.75%
    Russian Vodka (VTA) 5%
    Soda Base (SC) (Real Flavors) 2%
    White Grapefruit (INAWERA) .25%
    WS-23 30% .5 to .75%

Last edited:

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    It's pretty good but needs trimmed. Mixed a little with my FW butter pecan sft and it rounded it out some. Working on v2 and v3 recipes. Think I'll drop the oak milk and sugar cone, touch too sweet for this mix. Will try waffle cone instead. thinking one with Italian cream and one with waffle cone.
    Added it to my mixing list but had to sub WF(SC) Sugar Cone with WF(SC) Crepe & .25% CAP SS. After seeing this though, I dropped oak milk & SS and added FW Butter Pecan. I didn’t see a name for it so I saved it as Toffee Ice Cream Cone. I have a love affair with toffees:p So now I have...

Toffee Ice Cream Cone
    1% Butter Pecan (FW)
    1.5% Caramel Toffee (Hangsen)
    .5% Cookie (Biscotto) (FA)
    2% Crepe (SC) (WF)
    3.5% Toffee Ice Cream (VTA)
    Steep: 14 Days

Being that you have experience with most of these mixed together and if you don’t mind, any suggested changes? Sorta feel like butter pecan is too high but not certain.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I mixed the regular white chocolate cheesecake just in case I don’t like the one with the butterscotch. It smelled so good that I wanted to fill a tank right away. It’s been a while since I have used any cheesecake.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread