Status
Not open for further replies.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
Sorry all; I'm running off-topic for a second... again.:facepalm:

@ceeceeisme, I know you are in Canada, but if you are willing to buy from the US, Bull City is still offering INW-Vanilla Cream.

:offtopic: Well now - Vanilla Cream magically re-appeared on Inawera's website! :):):) I ordered myself a 100ml bottle on the weekend. They had a sale and after I put my order together I tried (one last time) checking for the Vanilla Cream and there it was. I'm a happy camper again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I've been pretty slow trying out my VTA flavors :rolleyes:

But.... I had to report back on this one:

VTA Carrot Cake

WOW.

That is all.

No, just kidding.

I mixed it up at 7% and added 1% LA Cream Cheese Icing, just because carrot cake goes really nicely with cream cheese icing.
This is some good stuff! Like really good stuff. I would have never thought you could have a deliciously gooey carrot cake vape but here it is. The carrot to cake ratio is nicely balanced and there is a warm back note of walnut along with some butter cream frosting. I might not really need the cream cheese icing but I think it adds some extra creamy buttery mouthfeel none-the-less.

Best of all this flavor needs next to no steep. I vaped the first bottle after just 3 days and it's awesome.

I mixed up three versions of the above recipe (each is 10ml, one plain, one with 1 drop of FLV Rich Cinnamon and one with 3 drops of INW Spice M).

The plain recipe is so good I can't help but think both the recipes with the added spices will be even better.

I'm really glad I bought a 30ml bottle of this stuff. :thumbs:

Twins Win

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2018
Are these "VT" flavors, "VTA" Vape Train Australia flavors, or something else?
(Not necessarily for you, for others that may be confused)-

Vape Train is the company, the initials are to avoid confusion with Vaperstek. Its a flavor company from Australia. It ("VTA")doesn't make much sense because Vaperstek doesn't make any flavors. But VTA it is.
I suck at reviews but will get the ball rolling-

Fizzy Sherbert- Its lime heavy and good. Reminds me of Inawera Lime (Another really good lime). I don't get the fizzy effect, but two of my freinds swear they do. I think its my tongue or it could be psychological.

Pudding Base- It doesn't taste like any pudding I've tried in real life, but this flavor is good. Its rich, creamy and delicious.

Mandarin- Good mandarin orange flavor but feels a bit thin.

French Vanilla Ice Cream- I over-shot my tester. I did like 5% and holy cow was that rich. It coated my mouth for a while. I could still taste it vaping a different (fruit flavor).

Avacado Cream- Really nice cream flavor. I can barely taste any avacado, if any at all.

Sweet Cream- Heavy cream flavor. Reminds me of Hansen Cream but with a different taste.

Pineapple Juice- Not bad, but that good either. It's light and feels thin.

Sweet Honey- It's not a honey flavor.

Raspberry Jam- No jam, no raspberry. Its just sweet airy nothing.

Strawberry Jam- An okay stawberry flavoring. This has no jam element to it.

Honey Comb- I don't know what I taste with it, but it is pleasant. It's a good flavor, but Ive yet to try it in a mix

I'm going to try Warm Custard today.

Last edited:

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2016
North Carolina
I've been enjoying mixing with the Pudding Base (VTA) these last few weeks. To me, it's like a yellow pudding flavor. Rich & creamy, thick mouthfeel with a slight cakey texture. I'm looking forward to trying some flavored pudding mixes soonish. I've used it in a couple of adapted, for me, recipes so far & am pretty pleased. I will be getting a big bottle next time... :D

I'm vaping these now... :cool:

Butter Almond Custard *Original by Krucial on ATF
Custard (INW) 2%
Pudding Base (VTA) 2%
Butterscotch Ripple (FW) 3.5%
Yellow Cake (FW) 1.5%
Almond (FA) 1.5%
Sweetener (TFA) 1% (Optional)

Hazelnut Custard *Original by Tootall - (modified version of the above)
Custard (INW) 2%
Pudding Base (VTA) 2%
Butterscotch Ripple (FW) 3.5%
Hazelnuts and Cream (WF) 2.25%
Yellow Cake (FW) 1.5%
Sweetener (TFA) 1% (Optional)

Age 2 weeks... :)

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I have made flavor notes on a few of the Vape Train flavors. I haven't gotten to the creams or the booze yet but will share the notes I have. I hope to get to the boozy flavors this week. I have been using the VTA Light Rum in my Piña Colada with great success - 1% VTA Light Rum, 1% FA Jamaican Special. The VTA Russian Vodka doesn't seem to add much - single flavor testing should help zero in on what is actually has going for it.

• Fizzy Sherbet
    Lovely citrus fruit flavors, bright and vibrant. The first flavor I pick up is a bright lemon. There is lime there as well. Lemon and lime are the predominant flavors. Under the top notes of lemon and lime, there is orange, mandarin, and grapefruit – heavy on the lemon/lime. It is sweet with no tartness. Bright and sweet citrus is a good description. This will accent any citrus it is added to, without changing the flavor – it will add a bright citrus note. It adds a tangy mouth feel and the perception of effervescence. Use at about 2% as an accent.
  • Sugarloaf Pineapple
    Sugarloaf pineapple is a pineapple variety that is white and even the core can be eaten. This is the Kauai Hawaiian pineapple and what you get if you get pineapple in Hawaii. The VT Sugarloaf Pineapple is a fresh, juicy, sweet, authentic pineapple. It is as good as Inawera’s pineapple and maybe even better, more authentic – I give it a slight edge to INW. It is sweet, it is juicy, it tastes as fresh as a bottled flavor can taste. Like other pineapple flavors, it is not strong. Rather thin on mouth feel. Use it at 5% to 6% in a mix. Definitely a winner! I have been mixing Sugarloaf and INW half and half in my mixes and that works well. This is the best pineapple flavor out there, IMHO.
  • VTA Shisha Raspberry
    This is a nice, sweet raspberry. Not terribly vibrant or intense (FA and Inawera are intense raspberries, by comparison.) It tastes fresh without cloying sweetness or overwhelming tartness. This could be used, IMO, anywhere you would use FA or Inawera, but at a higher percentage – probably 2% here rather than the .5% of the other two.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Another Vape Train single flavor test to report. I will test the rums and the Russian Vodka tomorrow. I am tested out for the day I think.

VAPE TRAIN
  • Blood Orange Champagne

Tested at 4% and steeped for a week. The first thing I taste is artificial orange flavor. The blood orange is candy-like and sweet. There is no tart citrus you would get from the actual fruit. The perception of effervescence is right up there with FW Pink Champagne. They got the champagne fizzy sparkle down. Why ruin that fizzy sparkle with that artificial blood orange though? For me, the sweet orange weighs down the fizzy sparkle but it does come through at 4%. I don't think you will be able to mix around the sweet orange so I see this in a Mimosa or other cocktail. It doesn't have the thicker mouthfeel of the other fizzy flavors so this won't give you much texture or mouthfeel. It is boozier than the other champagnes tested but getting around that sweet orange will be a real challenge.

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
I just got 8 of them in the mail today. I bought Chocolate Mousse a few weeks ago and it's nice @ 6%. It reminds me of the original Inawera Milk Chocolate before they changed it to the yucky stuff.
Today I got Banana Custard, Biscuit Base, Creamy Custard, Fr. Van Ice Cream, Irish Cream, Milkshake Base, Pudding Base and Warm Custard*. They smell delicious, all of them. I don't know when I'll have time to mix all of them, but I'll come back and post when I do.

FYI- Go to the Australian site to see percentage recommendations for mixes and standalones. Hopefully Bull City will input that info.

*I will need a replacement for INW Vanilla Cream if they don't start selling it again, so that's why all the custard and creams. ps- bull city still had some inw vc last I checked.

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2016
North Carolina
ok,now you got me thinking. Might have the get the pudding base. Is it real sweet?

I don't find it sweet, more rich, thick & creamy to me. Of course, you have to remember who your asking, I'm a sweets lover... :D To me, it's like a lighter, creamier, thicker version of Inawera's Custard. It makes a great base for other flavors & seems to intensify their presence in mixes... :cool: May be worth trying a small bottle on your next BCF order... :)

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I have a bunch at this point but haven't mixed most. So far they're pretty good.

Fizzy Sherbert - citrus candy with a powdered note. (similar to pixie sticks but more citrus and sour)

Honeycomb - like the center of the Crispie's bar. it's basically as if you turned honey into a toffee. good.

Cheesecake - standard cheesecake, not much crust. Nothing remarkable at this point but not bad.

Devon cream - thick rich cream with an almost cocoa note. very good but tastes a while to reach it's ultimate form.

Yoghurt Drink - still have to mess with this more. Drip test on the back of the hand was excellent. Tasted like a Italian Lemon Ice. Vaping however, it tasted like a muted/watered down yogurt w/ a lemon note... weird.

Flavors I have but haven't mixed yet are Avocado Cream, Brandy, black tea, bourbon, carrot cake, creme brule, croissant, desiccated (dried) coconut, english toffee, light rum, mandarin, persian lime, pudding base, rice base, shisha mango, sorbet, sweet honey and toffee ice cream.

From what I've heard, their alcohol flavored flavorings are the best out there.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
My impressions of the VTA I've tried so far:
* mandarin 3%, pleasant light mandarin, sweeter and softer than FA. Improves after 2-3 weeks, pairs well with RF(SC) kiwi for a light refreshing vape.

* fizzy sherbet 4%, dry lemon/lime citrus, I get no fizz but do get a flat soda feel from it. I like the taste but a mixer only for me at about 2%.

* persian lime, more zest than juice, love the bite. Spot on lime but lacks the brightness I get from FA Florida key lime. Will be a great mixer that holds its own. Looking forward to making a sherbert with this and the fizzy sherbet.

* coffee liqueur, steeping in a mix, finger test is pretty good, the coffee is still overtaking the creams but think I'll enjoy this one, has a nice sweet faintly liquor feel to it. Should pair well with RF(SC) ABC.

Haven't decided what to do with the blood orange champagne yet.

Adding devon cream and carrot cake to the wish list. Reread this thread and am amazed at how fast my tastes are changing now that I diy. I find myself enjoying so many more flavor profiles than I did with commercial juices.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
@Letitia, you are becoming my "lime" guru.:D:thumb:

How would you compare VTA-Persian Lime (esp. the bite/zest factor) to the two FA-Tahiti (Distilled & Cold Pressed) limes?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!:)
I only have 3 limes lol, not a guru. I have the FA cold pressed and prefer the persian. Put a few drops of the Florida key lime in the persian tester and it is a perfect lime for me, juicy and zesty with a nice bite. The cold pressed doesn't have much bite for me. HIC had mentioned pairing the FKL with the CPL seemed to stave off the fade a bit longer and it did help some. @Mixalott mentioned the persian did not fade much like the FKL so I bought it and glad I did. Now to find a lime that tastes like FKL without the fade. I guess I would say the cold pressed reminds me of frozen lime rather than fresh and persian while not as fresh tasting as Florida key is better with a slight sweet undertone to the zest and has great a bite to it.
Apologies Joel but I am not as articulate as you are. I have only had the Persian a couple of weeks so time will tell on the fade. Hoping it will somehow stabilize the FK which I love. If it does I doubt I'll buy any other limes.

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2016
North Carolina
You're killing me with those. They look so good and I know I can't vape them:(

Make a small tester without the sweetener or replace it w/ marshmallow. Maybe sub your favorite tobacco for the Butterscotch Ripple. Hmmm, I might try that myself... lol. :D

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Sugarloaf pineapple is a lovely pineapple, perfect for sherbet or sorbet but shines when mixed with Purilum pineapple 2:1. Those 2 for me are a perfect pineapple imo. Paired they ate good pineapple only mix. Adding Fa green apple tart is a lovely simple and refreshing vape.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Tasted my VTA toffee ice cream sf (mixed the 12th) and can tell I'll be wanting a larger bottle of this one. Very good but need an added toffee boost, mixed this up before work.
HS caramel toffee 1.5%
FA cookie biscotto .5%
FE oak milk 1.5%
WF(SC) sugar cone 2%
VTA toffee IC 3.5%

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I’ve liked most of the VT flavors I’ve tried. My favorites so far are blueberry milkshake, juicy raspberry, pudding base. I think I might have a few sft to try still. I kinda lost track.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2016
    Dang, there's another addition to my wish list. I looked at that when I placed my last order but decided to hold off as I had so many other new ones to play with already. Would you reshare the recipe?

I'm enjoying the Light Rum and Whiskey, but haven't mixed the G&T yet or bourbon. I have to play more with pudding base and creme caramel (creme brulee was sold out). Still have to mix up chocolate mousse too. Happily going down the VTA rabbit hole. LOL.

This recipe is by @dobroeutro :)

Toffee Nut Custard

FW Yellow Cake 1.5%
    INW Custard 2%
    WF Hazelnuts and Cream 2.5%
    VTA Pudding Base 2%
    VTA Toffee Ice Cream 3.5%
    TFA Sweetener 1% (optional or to taste)

I used .35% Cap Super Sweet and it's plenty sweet for me.
    Very good at 1 week and probably much better at 2 weeks :D

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2016
    I just got 8 of them in the mail today. I bought Chocolate Mousse a few weeks ago and it's nice @ 6%. It reminds me of the original Inawera Milk Chocolate before they changed it to the yucky stuff.
    Today I got Banana Custard, Biscuit Base, Creamy Custard, Fr. Van Ice Cream, Irish Cream, Milkshake Base, Pudding Base and Warm Custard*. They smell delicious, all of them. I don't know when I'll have time to mix all of them, but I'll come back and post when I do.

FYI- Go to the Australian site to see percentage recommendations for mixes and standalones. Hopefully Bull City will input that info.

*I will need a replacement for INW Vanilla Cream if they don't start selling it again, so that's why all the custard and creams. ps- bull city still had some inw vc last I checked.

Looking forward to your reviews glasseye. I have VT Carrot Cake, Golden Syrup, Pudding Base and Devon Cream for now but haven't done a thing with them.

As for INW Vanilla Cream :( I'm also greatly saddened I can't find it anymore and it doesn't seem to be on Inawera's website the last couple of times I looked. There's no replacement really for this but with Shisha Vanilla and some other cream there can be a work around. I just bought some FLV Cream that I'm going to try with Shisha Vanilla and see how that goes.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2016
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread