DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I'm pretty sure I tried it at 4%.
I usually start with 5% for anything non-tobacco and that I haven't been warned is really strong.

You said the avocado flavor is weak. Is there anything else intense about this flavor? Maybe sweetness or something? Anything to make 5% seem like too much?

I wonder if adding a little lemon flavoring would make it taste more like guacamole.

Twins Win

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2018
I usually start with 5% for anything non-tobacco and that I haven't been warned is really strong.

You said the avocado flavor is weak. Is there anything else intense about this flavor? Maybe sweetness or something? Anything to make 5% seem like too much?

I wonder if adding a little lemon flavoring would make it taste more like guacamole.

I dont think its very sweet, just really creamy. If you want more avacado it might come out at higher percentages. Here's a snipit of the recommend for Avacado Cream from the VT website-
Screenshot_2018-05-12-08-22-16-1.png

So yeah, I was pretty low.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
Sorry all; I'm running off-topic for a second... again.:facepalm:

@ceeceeisme, I know you are in Canada, but if you are willing to buy from the US, Bull City is still offering INW-Vanilla Cream.

:offtopic: Well now - Vanilla Cream magically re-appeared on Inawera's website! :):):) I ordered myself a 100ml bottle on the weekend. They had a sale and after I put my order together I tried (one last time) checking for the Vanilla Cream and there it was. I'm a happy camper again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I've been pretty slow trying out my VTA flavors :rolleyes:

But.... I had to report back on this one:

VTA Carrot Cake

WOW.

That is all.

No, just kidding.

I mixed it up at 7% and added 1% LA Cream Cheese Icing, just because carrot cake goes really nicely with cream cheese icing.
This is some good stuff! Like really good stuff. I would have never thought you could have a deliciously gooey carrot cake vape but here it is. The carrot to cake ratio is nicely balanced and there is a warm back note of walnut along with some butter cream frosting. I might not really need the cream cheese icing but I think it adds some extra creamy buttery mouthfeel none-the-less.

Best of all this flavor needs next to no steep. I vaped the first bottle after just 3 days and it's awesome.

I mixed up three versions of the above recipe (each is 10ml, one plain, one with 1 drop of FLV Rich Cinnamon and one with 3 drops of INW Spice M).

The plain recipe is so good I can't help but think both the recipes with the added spices will be even better.

I'm really glad I bought a 30ml bottle of this stuff. :thumbs:

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I have a bunch at this point but haven't mixed most. So far they're pretty good.

Fizzy Sherbert - citrus candy with a powdered note. (similar to pixie sticks but more citrus and sour)

Honeycomb - like the center of the Crispie's bar. it's basically as if you turned honey into a toffee. good.

Cheesecake - standard cheesecake, not much crust. Nothing remarkable at this point but not bad.

Devon cream - thick rich cream with an almost cocoa note. very good but tastes a while to reach it's ultimate form.

Yoghurt Drink - still have to mess with this more. Drip test on the back of the hand was excellent. Tasted like a Italian Lemon Ice. Vaping however, it tasted like a muted/watered down yogurt w/ a lemon note... weird.

Flavors I have but haven't mixed yet are Avocado Cream, Brandy, black tea, bourbon, carrot cake, creme brule, croissant, desiccated (dried) coconut, english toffee, light rum, mandarin, persian lime, pudding base, rice base, shisha mango, sorbet, sweet honey and toffee ice cream.

From what I've heard, their alcohol flavored flavorings are the best out there.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
My impressions of the VTA I've tried so far:
* mandarin 3%, pleasant light mandarin, sweeter and softer than FA. Improves after 2-3 weeks, pairs well with RF(SC) kiwi for a light refreshing vape.

* fizzy sherbet 4%, dry lemon/lime citrus, I get no fizz but do get a flat soda feel from it. I like the taste but a mixer only for me at about 2%.

* persian lime, more zest than juice, love the bite. Spot on lime but lacks the brightness I get from FA Florida key lime. Will be a great mixer that holds its own. Looking forward to making a sherbert with this and the fizzy sherbet.

* coffee liqueur, steeping in a mix, finger test is pretty good, the coffee is still overtaking the creams but think I'll enjoy this one, has a nice sweet faintly liquor feel to it. Should pair well with RF(SC) ABC.

Haven't decided what to do with the blood orange champagne yet.

Adding devon cream and carrot cake to the wish list. Reread this thread and am amazed at how fast my tastes are changing now that I diy. I find myself enjoying so many more flavor profiles than I did with commercial juices.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
* persian lime, more zest than juice, love the bite. Spot on lime but lacks the brightness I get from FA Florida key lime. Will be a great mixer that holds its own. Looking forward to making a sherbert with this and the fizzy sherbet.
@Letitia, you are becoming my "lime" guru.:D:thumb:

How would you compare VTA-Persian Lime (esp. the bite/zest factor) to the two FA-Tahiti (Distilled & Cold Pressed) limes?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!:)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
@Letitia, you are becoming my "lime" guru.:D:thumb:

How would you compare VTA-Persian Lime (esp. the bite/zest factor) to the two FA-Tahiti (Distilled & Cold Pressed) limes?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!:)
I only have 3 limes lol, not a guru. I have the FA cold pressed and prefer the persian. Put a few drops of the Florida key lime in the persian tester and it is a perfect lime for me, juicy and zesty with a nice bite. The cold pressed doesn't have much bite for me. HIC had mentioned pairing the FKL with the CPL seemed to stave off the fade a bit longer and it did help some. @Mixalott mentioned the persian did not fade much like the FKL so I bought it and glad I did. Now to find a lime that tastes like FKL without the fade. I guess I would say the cold pressed reminds me of frozen lime rather than fresh and persian while not as fresh tasting as Florida key is better with a slight sweet undertone to the zest and has great a bite to it.
Apologies Joel but I am not as articulate as you are. I have only had the Persian a couple of weeks so time will tell on the fade. Hoping it will somehow stabilize the FK which I love. If it does I doubt I'll buy any other limes.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I only have 3 limes lol, not a guru. I have the FA cold pressed and prefer the persian. Put a few drops of the Florida key lime in the persian tester and it is a perfect lime for me, juicy and zesty with a nice bite. The cold pressed doesn't have much bite for me. HIC had mentioned pairing the FKL with the CPL seemed to stave off the fade a bit longer and it did help some. @Mixalott mentioned the persian did not fade much like the FKL so I bought it and glad I did. Now to find a lime that tastes like FKL without the fade. I guess I would say the cold pressed reminds me of frozen lime rather than fresh and persian while not as fresh tasting as Florida key is better with a slight sweet undertone to the zest and has great a bite to it.
Apologies Joel but I am not as articulate as you are. I have only had the Persian a couple of weeks so time will tell on the fade. Hoping it will somehow stabilize the FK which I love. If it does I doubt I'll buy any other limes.
Thanks for sharing your perceptions; that was most helpful. And, you have no reason to apologize for. I followed your comments just fine.:D

I have only used:
TFA-Lemon Lime: did not get along with this at all. It was just all bitter artificialness to me.
TFA-Key Lime: decent, but leans a bit more to the plastic green bottle, or the frozen limeade, than the real fruit.
FA-Tahiti Cold Pressed: Potent! Still learning to manage with a light touch. The fruit flavor is a more "real fruit" instead of the bottled juice. I find it has a definite "peel"/zest presence.
FA-Tahiti Distilled: This is about all zest, and almost no flesh, to me. Again, it is very authentic to the actual fruit. And again, it is quite potent. Best used when looking for a lime zest originating bitterness; like one might find in a gin martini with a lime twist, or a Moscow mule mug rim that has been rubbed down with lime peel for the oil notes.

I haven't been able to vape any of them, for a long enough period, to be able to form an opinion regarding fading.:(

I am still looking for a "real"/fresh mostly flesh taste, with just a hint of zest. I am not big on the bitter "bite" aspect.
:)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Thanks for sharing your perceptions; that was most helpful. And, you have no reason to apologize for. I followed your comments just fine.:D

I have only used:
TFA-Lemon Lime: did not get along with this at all. It was just all bitter artificialness to me.
TFA-Key Lime: decent, but leans a bit more to the plastic green bottle, or the frozen limeade, than the real fruit.
FA-Tahiti Cold Pressed: Potent! Still learning to manage with a light touch. The fruit flavor is a more "real fruit" instead of the bottled juice. I find it has a definite "peel"/zest presence.
FA-Tahiti Distilled: This is about all zest, and almost no flesh, to me. Again, it is very authentic to the actual fruit. And again, it is quite potent. Best used when looking for a lime zest originating bitterness; like one might find in a gin martini with a lime twist, or a Moscow mule mug rim that has been rubbed down with lime peel for the oil notes.

I haven't been able to vape any of them, for a long enough period, to be able to form an opinion regarding fading.:(

I am still looking for a "real"/fresh mostly flesh taste, with just a hint of zest. I am not big on the bitter "bite" aspect.
The Tahiti cold pressed does not taste fresh to me, more like those frozen cans you buy. The FA Florida key lime is the one that tastes like fresh lime juice but fades as quickly as FA lemon Sicily. I tried one lemon/lime (pif'd it and can't remember what brand) and did not like it so I just mix my own.
Bite for me does not equal bitter. Bite is just what I feel on my tongue and does not refer to taste.:)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL

I have only used:

We need a flavor tasting glossary.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread