VV Box Mod with protection built in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
OK, here's a general rule. VV mods have voltage regulators (adjustable of course). The voltage regulators have amp limits. Shorts would cause the regulator to "trip" and cut off.

Now check the specs on what you plan to buy.

I still suggest protected batteries or IMR batteries. This will prevent other accidents also (keys/change in pock with a battery is not unheard of...not good, but not unheard of.) :)

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Thanks a lot, good to know. And I planned on using AW IMR's, they're all I use. So the madvapes, smoktech varicool, and all vv box mods are ok?

I think the MV box mod trips at around 3.0 amps if I remember correctly. The others...IDK. Check specs. They usually list amp limits.

AndAllThingsWillEnd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2011
Long Beach, CA
I think the MV box mod trips at around 3.0 amps if I remember correctly. The others...IDK. Check specs. They usually list amp limits.

So is it better to have a lower or higher amp limit in regards to shorts? I usually go 2 ohms and around 4-4.5 volts so a high amp limit won't do too much for me.

I'm using my lavatube to check resistance right now because I'm not too worried about it...

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
So is it better to have a lower or higher amp limit in regards to shorts? I usually go 2 ohms and around 4-4.5 volts so a high amp limit won't do too much for me.

I'm using my lavatube to check resistance right now because I'm not too worried about it...

That's 2.25 amps. (4.5 v @ 2 ohms). Many have a 2.5 amp limit.
That messes up people with Dual-coil stuff. Some of that can go well over 3 amps. I don't use DC stuff anyway so meh.

A short is more-or-less infinite amps (whatever the battery and wire resistance would allow to get through. Definitely bad.)

FYI - plug in any two values, get the rest:
Ohm's Law Calculator

AndAllThingsWillEnd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2011
Long Beach, CA
A short is more-or-less infinite amps (whatever the battery and wire resistance would allow to get through. Definitely bad.)

This was more what I was looking for when I asked if it would be better to get 3 or 6 amps. Thanks!

P.S.
Just ordered the 6amp beast, may be more than I need but I'd rather get it now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread