VV Mod Box Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mezzum

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2011
Conroe, Texas
I am new to box mods, I recently got the VV with Indicator. I am wondering if there is something wrong or just something I am missing.

1. The cut off seems to be 5 Secs, seems short.

2. After the cut off I have to flick the on/off switch before it will work again, this can't be right.

3. I have a Provari that won't allow low ohms with higher voltage, does this box have the same type of circuitry?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
The symptom of having to flip the box on and off is typical if either the battery protection or the regulator protection is getting tripped. There's no timeout period so something is getting set off. Some folks report that trustfire batteries do this less than ultrafire batteries. What battery, volt, ohm combo are you running?

hoog

Mezzum

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2011
Conroe, Texas
Ok, with your guys help, I think I figured it all out.

Dropping the voltage down helped a lot, what confused me is the single 2.5 ohm Carto would not go to 5v or higher. On my Provari I can used the duel coil 2.5 ohm at 6v no problems. It seems the "Bud Sapphires" lose their resistance very quickly. When I tested them, the ohm out at 1.9 from 2.5 in just a few days use. Not sure what's up with that, but the issue was the cartos.

Thanks for all your help. As always, ya'all rock!!!

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
Nice. It seems like a lot if voltage regulators can't handle more than 3 amps- you think the designers might have thought of this :( evercool mods are fantastic take a look into those.

If you are referring to Krimson Custom's evercool mods, they are all 3A units. Different type regulator but it's limit is 3A, same as Mad Vapes VV mods. James did say he could substitute a 6A regulator for $10 more, still contemplating that.

I've had two MadVapes VV Mods for several months and the only time I had a shutdown problem was with a tri coil 1.5 ohm carto, other than that they've been bullet proof.

FWIW I've been casually looking for a mod with greater than 3A ability and all but one I've looked at are 3A or less. The Lava Tube and Provari are 2.5A. The Saber Touch is also 3A but has an inexpensive 5A option that can be ordered with a new unit. Other than that they all seem to have a 3A limit.

Errol

Last edited:

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
Ok, with your guys help, I think I figured it all out.

Dropping the voltage down helped a lot, what confused me is the single 2.5 ohm Carto would not go to 5v or higher. On my Provari I can used the duel coil 2.5 ohm at 6v no problems. It seems the "Bud Sapphires" lose their resistance very quickly. When I tested them, the ohm out at 1.9 from 2.5 in just a few days use. Not sure what's up with that, but the issue was the cartos.

Thanks for all your help. As always, ya'all rock!!!

With the ProVari it limits the volts when the ohm's are too low for the voltage..this must be a safety feature to prevent damaging the battery or coil..it may say 6v but it's not necessarily putting out 6v. I saw a vid on this and it is a problem with using dual coils with the ProVari as it limits the volts and doesn't produce the vapor that 6v will on other mods with dual coils. The voltage limiter is probably good for single coils but not for dual..for how much (way way too much IMO) the ProVari is it should have a setting for dual coils that doesn't limit volts so much...

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
I believe the evercool chip is made my TI, and it will not trip at 3amps, I believe it's threshold is 3-6v under load, including low resistance dual coils.

I don't know how many different evercool chips are available but you are probably right. I was only talking about "Krimson Custom's evercool mods" and according to James his mods have a 3amp limit, that being the reason I didn't buy one from him.

Errol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread