Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
The vv mod from Madvapes is out of stock right now but they're always going in and out of stock. Madvapes also sells the 14500 batts and charger so you don't have to pay seperate shipping.

I've also got a 3.7 box mod from Steve (above post) and love it! pair it with a 2.0 boge carto (he includes one with the $37 bundle) and you won't need a vv mod!

Last edited:

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Not a big fan of anyof the mods made by Buzz, don't agree with his business practices nor like the quality of the mods. Lil sis by Ken's box mods is a great super small one, also the big brother. LiL sis is the smallest VV mod I have seen on the market, and the cheapest.

Little Sister Variable Voltage

If your budget goes over $100, I like the Provari and have been eyeballin the Monkeybox for some time.

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
Not a big fan of anyof the mods made by Buzz, don't agree with his business practices nor like the quality of the mods. Lil sis by Ken's box mods is a great super small one, also the big brother. LiL sis is the smallest VV mod I have seen on the market, and the cheapest.

If your budget goes over $100, I like the Provari and have been eyeballin the Monkeybox for some time.

:facepalm::evil:

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
This is one case where inexpensive doesn't have to mean "cheap."

Madvapes VV Box may not be a ProVari or Darwin, but it's 35 bucks. Yes, it uses "only" a Fairchild linear LDO VV regulator board (not as high-tech nor efficient as an EverCool switching regulator, and yes, it's only a 3xAA plastic box mod, and no, it doesn't have built-in current-limiting software in the chip, and no, it has no fancy voltage/wattage/resistance digital display, but it's 35 bucks! (Did I say that already?)

Buy the VV Box, 4 Trustfire 17500 Li-Ion batteries, a Trustfire TR-001 charger, and an Assembled Volt Indicator---all from Madvapes---then order the 15 Mega Dual Carto deal from Crystal Clear Vaping, and you're in for just over $100 total. Voilá! You've got a set up that vapes like a champ. I own eight VV mods, and this little box has become my go-to PV.

Not to dis the other more expensive and higher tech variable voltage units, but Madvapes VV Box set to 4.5 volts using a 1.5 ohm mega dual coil carto is pure vaping heaven. Brilliant.

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI

I've had a few mods over the last year or so and I can tell you with conviction that the Buzz is unquestionably the best built and most reliable one. NotCigs also provides the best customer service I've ever experienced.
So, as far as "not liking the quality" goes, do you own a NotCigs product? Doesn't sound like it. As far as "business practices" go, as far as I'm concerned, that boils down to how the customers are treated and at NotCigs they're treated very well.

There's plenty of lousy venders out there to trash. No need to flame on the good ones.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Madvapes sells a Variable Volt Box that uses two 14500 batteries.
I got one as my first HV device and my poor eGo's are dying of loneliness!
I am now a spoiled HV vaper that LOVES to work that potentiometer!

I already mentioned that I have one of those. It's great for what it is. I should probably explain why I don't see it as a good device for your main vape. It performs well, I have no complaints there. However, every time you open it to replace those batteries, you are stressing the plastic of the case. It will eventually develop stress cracks. If you are using it constantly, eventually is probably a matter of months. Of course duck tape would fix that. :)

Oh and grab an adapter and a 2.5 ohm 901 atty with your next madvapes order. That's what I like on mine.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
I already mentioned that I have one of those. It's great for what it is. I should probably explain why I don't see it as a good device for your main vape. It performs well, I have no complaints there. However, every time you open it to replace those batteries, you are stressing the plastic of the case. It will eventually develop stress cracks. If you are using it constantly, eventually is probably a matter of months. Of course duck tape would fix that. :)

Yes, though, the point of purchasing something as inexpensive as this (as far as VV goes) it's a great way to figure out if VV is right for someone without burning a hole in the ole pocketbook. I assume that if the OP invested into this particular MOD and loved VV that they would eventually if not immediately look into a more solid longer lasting MOD or if they didn't really care for it or even felt that VV is too much because they can be satisfied with 3.7 or 5-6v at the very least they didn't pay an arm and a leg to figure that out.

Now me on the other hand, my first VV mod, my first mod period costed $205... fortunately, I am quite please :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread