VV OMG Mod Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

venomous voice

Sep 3, 2012
Milwaukee WI
Venomous voice sir due to this being V4L's subforum doubt you'll get many suggestions here out of respect. Will pm you later tonight sir with some links.

Thats a great point, I guess I wasnt thinking.... Please feel free to PM with suggestions. Thanks to all who have already done so, it is greatly appreciated!

terrie1

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Centralia WA
2 weeks ago I ordered the OMG VV mod and right away had cut off iissues where I had to remove, then replace the battery to reset it and set to my 4.7 sweet spot AGAIN to get vaping. I called V4L (I am an old return customer) expecting the great CS I have always gotten from them. Again, they were fabulous to send me out a new unit while I vaped the defective one, not wanting to go back on analongs. The 2nd unit behaves precisely the same way...random cut offs for no apparent reason. Has anyone found a fix for this? As it stands, I have 2 units and will endure the unpredictable nature of them. I love them otherwise....any new news out there???

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Ms. Terrie the only fix is to remove the batt and reset it. No matter what batt I use (ones supplied by V4L, aw 18500 protected, efest 18500 imr, and aw 18500 imr) it still cuts out from time to time right around half power on the batt display (3.66v or so in all my tests). It's one of the quirks you just have to learn to live with.

2 weeks ago I ordered the OMG VV mod and right away had cut off iissues where I had to remove, then replace the battery to reset it and set to my 4.7 sweet spot AGAIN to get vaping. I called V4L (I am an old return customer) expecting the great CS I have always gotten from them. Again, they were fabulous to send me out a new unit while I vaped the defective one, not wanting to go back on analongs. The 2nd unit behaves precisely the same way...random cut offs for no apparent reason. Has anyone found a fix for this? As it stands, I have 2 units and will endure the unpredictable nature of them. I love them otherwise....any new news out there???[/QUOTe

I found that on my original VV omg the button being pressed twice instead of 5 times the unit would cut off. I did not realize that I was pressing it twice, finger would slip off and I would press again and this would be enough to shut it down, give it a try and see if it shuts off on 2 consecutive presses,

terrie1

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Centralia WA
Thanks Morandir for the speedy reply...yes, I love them, and will live with it...they kindly gave me my money's worth, and its my first mod, so you know I'm loving all the 5v sweetness :D (but my current juice, Wow Plum Crazy) seems yummiest at 4.7.

No, Sir, it doesnt cut off with two presses....

Last edited:
I ended up taking the second one back as well, It actually froze at 5.4 volts. Nothing I did would change it. battery pull did nothing, when it came back up it was stuck on 5.4 volts, this is very unfortunate as there were alot of concerns voiced at this forum regarding the quality of this VV mod. But there were comments posted by V4L reps stating all issues in previous versions were resolved and it was re tooled so to speak to V4Ls standards, thats why I bought it. Matter of fact, the V4L rep I see every time when I go in seems to have given up on theirs as well.

Ms. Terrie the only fix is to remove the batt and reset it. No matter what batt I use (ones supplied by V4L, aw 18500 protected, efest 18500 imr, and aw 18500 imr) it still cuts out from time to time right around half power on the batt display (3.66v or so in all my tests). It's one of the quirks you just have to learn to live with.

Well there are other options out there, its not something anyone has to live with. Personally I found it way to frustrating to deal with not to mention only 1 battery shipping with the VV OMG. just my 2 pennies.

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
With the exception of one of the vv mods on the market Venomous Voice sir, those options have their own faults as well. From inaccuracy, to being fragile, list goes on. Again things you have to learn to deal with. Even the one that has no real faults people complain because of an error code when you're pulling too many amps with a dual coil carto...

I never said the other options did not have faults, just that they were out there.I love V4l, but this mod in my opinion is lacking. And I think you would at least agree with that.After being through 2 of them myself, I just dont think anyone has to feel locked in because they like a vendor or whatever. I dont see where you take issue with this. And im not trying to pick a fight. I did some research and found a different device that I am very happy with, and im sure its not the one your referenced. In my opinion 100x better than the VV OMG. For exactly the same price I got the device,a tank, a carrying case, 2 batteries and a charger plus a Vivi nova tank kit ( not very impressed, but it was free). I am new to vv devices, But I do know that if something does not work people do not have to settle, and "learn to live with it". Thats really all I have to say about it, and will bow out of this conversation thank you!

Last edited:
I'm glad I didn't jump on this one... This issue would annoy the crap out of me, and most certainly cause me to stop using it. I like my devices to 'just work' - I shouldn't need to employ troubleshooting steps or workarounds every day with them.

Im not fortunate enough to say i didnt jump, But I did have full faith in the fantastic customer service at V4l. And everything worked out. I got my money back and I was able to find a device I dont have to constantly mess with to enjoy. I very much enjoyed the VV omg, as it was my first leap into VV vaping . I liked it so much I hated having to go back to my ego when my battery died. I for one feel loyalty to V4L for helping me to quit, just not enough to sacrifice my hard earned cash for a sub standard product.
Although this is not may seem like a simple benign problem, this will lead to bigger failures in the unit. If Like me you found this issue within a couple days, imagine what it will be like in 31 days when the device is not returnable. I had the exact issue, Thats why I started this thread. After about a week, of battery pulls,I was no longer able to change the voltage on my second replacement unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread