VV REO Grand III

Status
Not open for further replies.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Oh, I didn't think of that Rob, with the electronics in the VVG's I bet the fin would be in the way. Mine is a first sale/run yes, has the original button too. Even thought the upper batt shifts to the left, it seems to still make contact with the upper terminal. I may send it back to you for button and to tune it for the batt shifting thing, thank you for the offer. But I'm thinking a round piece of cork or rubber with a hole in the middle of it for the filler tube to go though and is the same diameter of the 6 mil bottle will prevent the shifting of the batt and look like it belongs there.

I see you got my VVW and old style Woodvil in for repair? What did you think about the refinish job I did on the the old Oak Woodvil?
Send it in anytime I will take care of the battery shifting issue . Yes building the vv grands is much different then assembling the standard grands . It is a new model and I always make changes down the road I have with all the mods . I am sure when I do another vv model there will be some changes . The finish you put on the oak mod is awesome I was admiring it. You should have stripped it down removed the button and the juice well and sent it back to me for assembly . What did you use for finish? I put a new juice well on your vv mod while it was here the over sized well encase you go down rba alley .

Xanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2011
Carolinas
Send it in anytime I will take care of the battery shifting issue . Yes building the vv grands is much different then assembling the standard grands . It is a new model and I always make changes down the road I have with all the mods . I am sure when I do another vv model there will be some changes . The finish you put on the oak mod is awesome I was admiring it. You should have stripped it down removed the button and the juice well and sent it back to me for assembly . What did you use for finish? I put a new juice well on your vv mod while it was here the over sized well encase you go down rba alley .

I used Minwax fast dry Polyurethane in a clear satin finish, 7 or 8 coats sanded with 330 after each coat. It looks killer on the door with the old style REO logo on it. Thank you! I am proud of it. Next time I refinish a wood I will strip it down refinish and send back to you for reassembly then :) That way I don't have to tape up the well and the button and work around them. Thanks for putting the oversized well on the VVW ! I am curious about the rba, I need to read up on that.

Last edited:

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
I used Minwax fast dry Polyurethane in a clear satin finish. It looks killer on the door with the old style REO logo on it. Thank you! I am proud of it. Next time I will strip it down and send back to you for reassembly then :) That way I don't have to tape up the well and the button. Thanks for putting the oversized well on the VVW ! I am curious about the rba, I need to read up on that.
Well you did a fine job finishing is tricky business two thumbs up . Definitely send it in I would be happy to put it all back together if you go down that road again . I dont no if I would try it on your rosewood poly and rosewood dont mix well

Xanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2011
Carolinas
Well you did a fine job finishing is tricky business two thumbs up . Definitely send it in I would be happy to put it all back together if you go down that road again . I dont no if I would try it on your rosewood poly and rosewood dont mix well

Thank you, that means a lot coming from you. You remember the that custom Rosewood huh? You got a good memory for sure Rob! Yeah I think that wood is too oily for poly.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Thank you, that means a lot coming from you. You remember the that custom Rosewood huh? You got a good memory for sure Rob! Yeah I think that wood is too oily for poly.
Yes indeed I remember Custom wood mods are hard to forget you have one shot to make it right . In your case there was extra wood most of the time I have just enough for one mod .

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.

jimbalny

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
What style door is that? It's gorgeous!

Looks like clear or silver finish. I've got a newer black / silver door grand that looks almost identical. The silver has a sort of brushed finish which is really nice.

Ive been rockin' the black/copper vein vv grand I got recently.

uploadfromtaptalk1359730933227.jpg

Had it about a month already and its f'awesome so far. My only complaints are not specific to this device but an annoyance with pv's in general (having to check up on batteries to make sure theyre not running too low, overfeeding and the resulting e-juicy mess). Now if only there was a way to extend the drip cup even further, like a drip shield designed to seal itself into the inner diameter of the cup and just have airholes at the top.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Looks like clear or silver finish. I've got a newer black / silver door grand that looks almost identical. The silver has a sort of brushed finish which is really nice.

Ive been rockin' the black/copper vein vv grand I got recently.

View attachment 174339

Had it about a month already and its f'awesome so far. My only complaints are not specific to this device but an annoyance with pv's in general (having to check up on batteries to make sure theyre not running too low, overfeeding and the resulting e-juicy mess). Now if only there was a way to extend the drip cup even further, like a drip shield designed to seal itself into the inner diameter of the cup and just have airholes at the top.

You can use a rubber gasket and basically seal the drip well off. The rounded at the top (domed) ones have been used by some. You can slide it up the atty when you are vaping. If I find the size I will edit it in. This thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/227482-how-i-fight-keep-clean-catch-cup.html

jimbalny

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York

You can use a rubber gasket and basically seal the drip well off. The rounded at the top (domed) ones have been used by some. You can slide it up the atty when you are vaping. If I find the size I will edit it in. This thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/227482-how-i-fight-keep-clean-catch-cup.html

Seems like something that would restrict airflow a bunch, resulting in drawing even more juice straight from the bottle. I've actually got to start using the reducer tube as I'm only able to fill up my bottle halfway, otherwise it autofeeds itself and floods the well. I use cartomizers btw if that makes a difference. Thanks for the tip, seems cheap and easy enough to give a shot

pmoraldo

REO Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gilbert, Arizona
Seems like something that would restrict airflow a bunch, resulting in drawing even more juice straight from the bottle. I've actually got to start using the reducer tube as I'm only able to fill up my bottle halfway, otherwise it autofeeds itself and floods the well. I use cartomizers btw if that makes a difference. Thanks for the tip, seems cheap and easy enough to give a shot

very strange since I'm a big carto fan and only EVER have an auto feed issue when there is major changes in altitude or extreme heat situations :confused:

Whodoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Missouri, USA
When you all mention auto feed, is there a specific wick setup that promotes this?

My vv grand w/Reomizer is finally blowing clouds. I find myself squeezing the bottle hard though, to get fluid to the small wick....still using the coil & wick that was pre-installed, but I have pushed the coil as close to the juice hole as possible.

Do I need a longer wick to get the auto feed going?

pmoraldo

REO Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gilbert, Arizona
When you all mention auto feed, is there a specific wick setup that promotes this?

My vv grand w/Reomizer is finally blowing clouds. I find myself squeezing the bottle hard though, to get fluid to the small wick....still using the coil & wick that was pre-installed, but I have pushed the coil as close to the juice hole as possible.

Do I need a longer wick to get the auto feed going?

If your having to push really hard on your bottle to get juice to come out of it you may have your feed tube sealing off on the bottom of your bottle if this is the case trim the bottom of your feed tube on an angle

Whodoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Missouri, USA
Thx!

I cut the angle just to be safe, but had a mm or 2 of space to begin with. Inserting a longer wick has mitigated the issue somewhat too. It's nice to have a few drags before needing to squeeze the bottle.

Is there a current favorite rba amongst Reo owners? I read about era often but didn't want to jump to conclusions.

pmoraldo

REO Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gilbert, Arizona
Thx!

I cut the angle just to be safe, but had a mm or 2 of space to begin with. Inserting a longer wick has mitigated the issue somewhat too. It's nice to have a few drags before needing to squeeze the bottle.

Is there a current favorite rba amongst Reo owners? I read about era often but didn't want to jump to conclusions.

I love my ERA's and Hornet alot:vapor:

sashwa

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Alcatraz
Northernshrink, I use cartos on my reos also. I'm liking either the super shorty 2.5 smoketechs or IKV's 2.5 Plats on my vv woodvil. On my regular woodvil I like the 1.7 smoketechs.

I have been vaping on a reo since early 2011 and have never gotten the hang of attys on them. I'm always flooding them so I have given up. I can manually drip just fine but with squonking I flood them. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread