Wall Street interested in e-cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darmeen

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
TX USA
I commented on the article:

As an E-Cigarette user, I can state that the idea of the E-cigarette of a Nicotine Replacement Therapy is not correct. I was not and am not looking to replace nicotine, but rather the elimination of tobacco, 4000+ chemicals, enhancers, MAOI'S, all of which are found in traditional tobacco cigarettes.

I am glad to see articles out there that are not necessarily promoting the current FDA dogma of 'quit or die'. The Electronic Cigarette or E-Cig, Personal Vaporizer, etc is an ALTERNATIVE to tobacco products. It is truly in its own classification, or should be anyway. Typical NRT's (gum, patch, etc) have roughly a 10% success rate after 1 year, while the E-Cig has an 80-85%* success rate for getting users off of traditional tobacco products. Not to mention better health, ease in breathing, reduction of smoking specific medical symptoms, etc.

This product CAN be used as a nicotine cessation device, if the user wishes. With varying levels of nicotine all the way down to zero nicotine. Keep in mind that nicotine has been demonized by those opposed to tobacco products. Nicotine has not been proven to be a cancerous substance, and BY ITSELF is no more addicting that caffeine, but the enhancers put into tobacco products create a greater addiction. How many people seriously cannot function in the morning until they have their cup of coffee or tea?

If the FDA wants to keep nicotine out of the hands of minors (one of their latest ploys as witnessed by the Family Tobacco Act, removing flavored cigarettes from the market 'Doing it for the children') enforce the current laws about selling tobacco products to minors. Adults enjoy tasty flavors as much as children do, but adults have the financial ability to purchase E-Cigs, whereas children are not going to drop the $40+ for a kit, only to fiddle with E-Juice, etc. They are going to get a pack of smokes from some convenience store clerk either not paying attention or not caring.

I firmly believe that the FDA, Big Tobacco and Big Pharma are more concerned about the bottom line than they are about people's health, or the children. With an estimated 85,000,000 smokers in the United States, there is a lot of money to be had in product, taxes, and quitting smoking drugs or medicine. How many of those 85 million will try and quit in the next year, turning to NRT’s for help, and become part of the 90% that are unsuccessful, heading right back to traditional tobacco products? How much money would be lost by the government, Big Tobacco and Big Pharma if those 85 million switched to an alternative that is magnitudes safer than traditional cigarettes?

Lastly, you will hear the argument that the E-Juice has the same product as antifreeze, which is correct…in a sense. It has the same liquid that is used in ‘non-toxic’ antifreeze, and is used by Vets to help save animals that have been poisoned by traditional antifreeze, not to mention used by hospitals to aid in the cleaning of the air of airborne bacteria. You know what else is in anti-freeze? WATER!

If the FDA wants to ban E-Cigarettes, stop using terrorist (not the bomber type, but to create terror type) tactics, half truths and inconsistent/incomplete data. If the FDA really cared about the populace they would fast track any possible reduced harm TRP (Tobacco Replacement Product), they would welcome the E-Cig with open arms. Ask any ‘Vaper’ (since it is not smoke but vapor), they will tell you how much better they feel, and how they finally feel free from the grip that Big Tobacco had on them.
*-A recent poll posted on an e-cigarette-forum.

htchhikr

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Chi-Town
Any angel investors want to buy vaping.com? Only 25 million!

This is a joke, Im not really selling please dont report this post, lol.

Seriously though, while vendors and investors have taken a huge risk in promoting PV's there is always that profit is on the horizon. When/if the deep pockets come knocking because you have prime real-estate.

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
Great article! Wall street investment would certainly add some legitimacy to e-cigs. And the article was refreshing in its overall coverage.

What rock has Douglas Bettcher, the director of the World Health Organization’s Tobacco Free Initiative, been under, though? “There’s no experience in pharmacology yet of nicotine replacement therapies which actually inhale nicotine in the lungs.” What is the Nicotrol INHALER then?

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
Wall Street investors are not stupid. This is when stocks get snapped up. Buy low and sell high. They see a potential for these things, despite what this country is trying to do with them.

I mean, would you have invested in Microsoft stock back in 1978 when it was a penny stock like the e-cig stocks are now?

microsoft.jpg

If you did, you'd be a millionaire now. E-cigs have the same potential. :)

Squawk15

Nov 27, 2009
United States
No matter what e-cig companies you choose, it will certainly be volatile as penny stocks like these will be swayed to the extremes up and down by any news that come on the media whether good/bad. That level of volatility is not my cup of tea but could also bring a fortune with some luck! I'm waiting for a giant like Altria to buy an e-cig company out, then maybe i'll do some pair trading...

paulyc44

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2009

danielwd

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
I've sent an email to my online stockbroker to trade in these stocks.

Of the previous stocks listed. What are your picks with the most potential?

I am not sure, that is why I own almost all of the following:

RUYNF.pk (Ruyan America)
MILR.pk
MMUH.pk
SFIO.pk
HPNN.pk

But I think these are all very risky moves. I would only advise dropping amounts of money you dont mind losing. MMUH has been very volatile lately.

paulyc44

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2009
Yes, they are VERY volatile so be careful. The only 2 I think worth playing with are SFIO (Smoke Free Inotech and MMUH (Mobile Media Holdings acquired Tzfuma). Both have products that are nowhere on the radar of ECF in terms of good product like say the Joye 510. So these penny stocks are really the only thing to play off of for now I guess. Anyway, with the recent FDA over ruling, it effects all e-cig products good or bad and so stocks are poised to move on this news alone as they already have. MMUH for instance jumped 50% today. I got in too late but as you can see the potential for making some loot is HUMUNGO!

Take everything I just said with a huge grain of salt 'cause I am like a week into learning of stocks.:oops:

danielwd

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Actually from message boards around the web, feelings are this stock will move up a bit more next week. I dunno...

Like I said, invest an amount you are willing to lose, and sit back and relax. I have less than 10% of my portfolio in e-cig stocks. They are by far the most risky positions I own and the only penny stocks, but I feel they have the most potential. I also advise that no matter how much it hurts, hang on to these stocks for the long term, but then again, that is my perspective on buying stock - buy for the long haul. Some people have more time and can analyze stock signals better than me and just know how to get in and out better than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread