Wall Street interested in e-cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielwd

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
MMUH closed up 104% - that's right 104%! For those of you who have not invested in e-cigs yet, you may want to look at what happened with this stock today. Unreal! Monday it is poised to GAP up.

Dow loses 200+ points and this little giant soared 100%

Absoluteley the best looking e-cig stock on the market!

Unfortunately I sold about half my shares when it was up 60% today. However, I obviously made great profit in doing so, plus I have retained half of my shares.

I still have serious questions about these companies so everyone invest with caution. You just never know with these penny stocks!

paulyc44

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2009
Unfortunately I sold about half my shares when it was up 60% today. However, I obviously made great profit in doing so, plus I have retained half of my shares.

I still have serious questions about these companies so everyone invest with caution. You just never know with these penny stocks!

I agree, proceed with caution BUT you gotta be in it to win it and I tell ya this stock is looking real sweet for the immediate term at least. Expect a gap up beginning next week!:thumbs:

paulyc44

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2009
Landmark Victory for E-Cigarette Industry Against the FDA Leaves Plenty of Opportunities

Written by Staff and Wire Reports Alerts, FDA Updates Jan 22, 2010

votes
Buzz up!

Mobile Media Unlimited Holdings Inc
(OTC:MMUH)
If you don’t already know, the hottest new investment fad to hit Wall Street since mobile portfolio management can be summed up in two short words, “electronic cigarettes”. While your favourite celebrities may still be hitting the paper and casually smoking themselves closer to cancer and other complications, others are finding an easy escape to fulfill their niccotine desires in e-cigarettes. Though this technology has been around since 2003, first developed by SBT Co. Ltd., only a few companies have managed to step up and become publicly traded. Atop this investment opportunity lies Mobile Media Unlimited Holdings Inc (OTC:MMUH) who looks to follow in the foot-steps of Smokefree Innotec, Inc. (PINK:SFIO), Hop-On Inc. (PINK:HPNN), and Miller Diversified Corporation (OTC:MILR). Miraculously, this company has yet to announce the recent FDA news and its impact on the business model, thus leaving it as the most highly undiscovered investments of the four. Add the fact that they are the only profitable company in the mix, having their recently owned subsidiary, TzuFuma Inc. reporting unaudited revenues of nearly $5,000,000 in gross sales, and you have yourself a volcano waiting to erupt.
Government lobbyists under the tobacco umbrella are being given billions of dollars each year while battling against the FDA (Food & Drug Administration), and in most cases, sadly, winning. There are those, however, who argue the other side of the road, stating that handing tobacco regulation over to the FDA, as Congress is poised to do, is an epic public health mistake. It is tantamount to giving the keys of the regulatory store to the nation’s largest cigarette manufacturer, Philip Morris (NYSE:pM). The tobacco industry has long been hiding under its own shadow, using the fact that no one has officially announced the amount of chemicals and carcinogens and their effects on the human body. Cigarettes and their smoke contain more than 4,000 chemicals; among them are more than 60 known carcinogens, according to the American Cancer Society. But scientists say they can’t yet tell all they’ll learn from the new data because so little is known about how the chemicals combine to affect people.
Sign-up for Free to Receive Future Commentary and Trading Alerts on MMUH, SFIO, and HPNN.

However, in 2010 all of this might change, causing a historic event, and perhaps one of the most important of our generation. The Food and Drug Administration is working to lift the smokescreen clouding the ingredients used in cigarettes and other tobacco products. In June, tobacco companies must tell the FDA their formulas for the first time, just as drugmakers have for decades. Manufacturers also will have to turn over any studies they’ve done on the effects of the ingredients. So, without further adieu, lets just get this out of the way, “It’s about bloody time!” In a recent press on January 18th, 2010, the FDA finally came to its own senses and decided to reveal the ingredients of the world’s #1 over-the-counter cause of human death.
New Opportunities
Now, what no one has really talked, and surprisingly so, is the fact that these e-cigarette companies may very well be the target of potential acquisitions or prime-time money partnerships from the likes of: Philip Morris International Inc. (NYSE:pM), British American Tobacco (AMEX:BTI), Altria Group, Inc. (NYSE:MO), and Reynolds American, Inc. (NYSE:RAI). Think about it logically, as a highly profitable company, you’re generating billions of dollars in revenue each year, wouldn’t you want to buy out your competition and new technologies in order to further your wallets and market share? Moreover, it is common knowledge we would still have the cigarette addicts who fiend for the product, however, now you also take on a healthy aspect of it, tapping into a completely new industry leaving yourself with multiple layers of revenue streams. Yes, its true that some may argue these tobacco companies have different agendas and may want to maintain their pride, however in the end its all about money — that same reason you’re here reading this article with funds waiting to invest. If we can see the golden opportunity for this technology, surely the top tobacco companies are taking a mild consideration in it as well.

Financial Highlights
*All data provided via TzuFuma’s 11/01/2009 Summary of Business Operations

* Year to date , the Company’s performance has resulted with average sales of 9,700 kits per month at a price of $49.99 spread over 2
product lines and $19.99 for a standalone product.
* In addition, 15,000 refill kits spread over two product lines have been selling at an average price of $39.99 per refill kit.
* The Company has built its business primarily through selling product to numerous independent distributors, kiosk operators, retailers
and direct to customers through the Internet.
* Management estimates that immediate future demand for its products are approximately 150,000 kits per month spread over 3 product
lines.
* Year to date, the Company has generated just under $5,000,000* (Five Million USD) (*unaudited) in gross sales.

Technical Analysis
From a technical analysis standpoint, the stock couldn’t be more poised for a breakout. Volume bars have been higher and longer than the shorter red sell bars, RSI is beginning to trend above the 50 thus showing buying pressure, and as well displaying strong accumulation during the start of 2010. MACD divergence has also shifted positive, and full stochastics represents a similar pattern to the breakout which occurred mid-to- late December 2009. In fact, once it breaks the key resistance at 0.026, it enters the “blue sky” territory leaving it with a mild resistance near the 0.05 levels. We fully expect volume to continue as the story unfolds with this company. A new website should be up in the coming days displaying their product, press release is due to announce their position after the recent FDA events have unfolded, and TzuFuma’s unaudited financial statements for the period of 2nd Qtr-4th Qtr 2009 and early 2010.

We will have a full MMUH company profile and analysis available 1/24/10, with major announcements on 1/25/10.
Story is developing…

TheBoogieman

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
<< Think about it logically, as a highly profitable company, you’re generating billions of dollars in revenue each year, wouldn’t you want to buy out your competition and new technologies in order to further your wallets and market share? >>

Did that information come from a website? I'd really like to read more from a guy that wrote that. Why would he think that BT would consider any of those companies competition? It doesn't seem logical to me. It seems irrational.

The Boogieman

danielwd

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
<< Think about it logically, as a highly profitable company, you’re generating billions of dollars in revenue each year, wouldn’t you want to buy out your competition and new technologies in order to further your wallets and market share? >>

Did that information come from a website? I'd really like to read more from a guy that wrote that. Why would he think that BT would consider any of those companies competition? It doesn't seem logical to me. It seems irrational.

The Boogieman

For many of the same reasons why Oracle bought out Sun Microsystems - so the technology and the people in place that know the technology, including how to market it and make it, can join their team.

I'm not saying big tobacco will do it, but if they see a profitable e-cig. producer, it would be much easier to purchase it than to start at the ground level - from scratch.

danielwd

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
Could you please let me know which one of these penny stocks produce, manufacture or own some technology involving ecigs. Why would BT be in anyway interested in companies that just market and distribute a product?

The Boogieman

Ruynf.pk (American) or stock # 0329 Ruyan Group Holdings via Hong Kong.

TheBoogieman

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
So none of these penny stocks, MMUH,SFIO,HPNN or MILR, produce, manufacture or own any ecig technology. Yet the writer seems to think they could be potentially acquired by BT.

Not one of those penny stocks is competition for BT. Like I said, the only thing those companys do is market and distribute a product. So why would BT have any interest?

The Boogieman

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa

danielwd

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
:evil:A wise choice. Get your money out, make a few bucks and let the rest ride. You never know, maybe you'll get lucky on one of them.

Excellent advice. I have pretty much got out what I put in and have retained shares in most of these penny stocks in the process. I have been watching them for some time.

By the way, for anyone that cares - RUYAN Group Holdings is up 15% with very heavy volume traded in Hong Kong.

danielwd

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
So none of these penny stocks, MMUH,SFIO,HPNN or MILR, produce, manufacture or own any ecig technology. Yet the writer seems to think they could be potentially acquired by BT.

Not one of those penny stocks is competition for BT. Like I said, the only thing those companys do is market and distribute a product. So why would BT have any interest?

The Boogieman

I think that when people get comfortable purchasing goods from a certain entity, they show loyalty. The easiest way for BT to enter into the e-cig. business, which if it keeps going the way it is will surely put them out of business, is to enter the market by purchasing companies that already distribute these products.

I am just not sure how people would react to BT selling e-cig's. I am not sure how many customers would flock to them rather than stick with who they have been dealing with over time.

Again, I am not trying to fabricate rumors here, but in the business world, I think it makes perfect sense for BT, with the big money in hand, to venture out and expand their horizons by purchasing a well-known distributor of e-cigs. I think this is why there have been so many rumors over the last year or so about BT and Ruyan. If BT were to purchase Ruyan America, I think e-cig. users would be more apt to actually show interest and buy their product.

I could be wrong, but it seems like this happens in the business world - businesses buying out their competition. It is obvious that e-cigs pose quite a competition to BT.

TheBoogieman

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
At least Ruyan holds a patent:
Beijing SBT RUYAN Technology & Development Co., Ltd (RUYAN), the inventor of electronic cigarette, hailed the July 27,2009 announcement of The Patent reexamination Board of the State Intellectual Property Office of the PRC that completely invalidated a utility patent that numerous China-based illicit manufacturers of electronic cigarettes and accessories have referenced in their communications with public. The patent was invalidated on the basis of having violated Ruyan's intellectual property rights to the essential technology and design of the electronic cigarette.

BT has no reason to acquire a marketer and distributor of e-cigs. They seem to have a good marketing and distribution network all ready in place. Selling models that I could just as well have rebranded myself, doesn't show much value.

I see the 4 stocks mentioned in that article, at best to be a trade. If those penny stocks are going to be bought as an investment. Thinking that there is a chance that BT will someday buy them out. My thoughts would be that the person doing so, will find themselves alone in a room, holding an empty bag, and wondering where everyone went.

The Boogieman

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Excellent advice. I have pretty much got out what I put in and have retained shares in most of these penny stocks in the process. I have been watching them for some time.

By the way, for anyone that cares - RUYAN Group Holdings is up 15% with very heavy volume traded in Hong Kong.

Back during the .com days, I was working with a woman who's SO had bought 6 to 8k shares of CGMI. He paid somewhere around $ 10/share. The stock started taking off. $ 50, 100, 150/share. About that time I suggested that she persuade him to take some profits. I never met the man but I am told he was a brilliant scientist in his day. His comment to her was that he didn't want to pay the tax on it so he held all of it.

Then the stock went over $ 200, then over $ 250. He had over two million just in that stock and never sold, even as the stock started falling. Needless to say, he doesn't have to worry about capital gains anymore.

I don't know if he learned anything from this episode, but I sure did and will never forget it.

paulyc44

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2009
I got out made a few Grand $$. I don't have the nerves for OTC stocks!

Good job! It's not easy watching the swings but as you see the rewards are massive. I would at least buy a handful of shares and let them sit. No need to watch every day as MMUH is poised to run up over time. I will probably flip half my shares for profit as soon as the run happens with the release of a PR and a website. I'll let the other half of my shares ride the bull:evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread