Wall Street interested in e-cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielwd

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2009
I tried to buy some hpnn in early december with scottrade. That would not allow me to buy it. I still dont completely understand why. I obviously would have made out like a bandit and surely would have dumped my shares long ago. I own all the other penny stocks involved with e-cigs and have done a good job of getting out what I put in, but it still makes me mad I couldn't pick up some shares of hpnn.

Also, people who invest a majority of their savings or income on ANY investment, are doing the wrong thing.

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
Might be worth waiting until the stock price gets lower, like 1/100 0f a penny. When you're talking penny stocks, this one is literally a penny stock. I wonder how the bid and ask work on it? If the ask is 2 cents, you can make 100% profit at the current price. LOL

The bid/ask goes down to fractions - currently 0.0074 / 0.0075. But I remember at one time years ago my broker's software wouldn't allow an entry of a fraction of a cent.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Yes it's a penny stock and .007 is the bottom. You can easily buy SFIO in fractions of a cent. I use Etrade and have 500K shares. I expect it to be at .0015 this coming week. Spiked today and hit .01 for a few minutes. Account looked real nice.

I think you meant .015 but whatever.

paulyc44

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2009
Simply open up an Etrade, Ameritrade, or Scottrade account. Link it with your bank account and transfer money you don't care to lose. Because the price of SFIO is so low at this point, $500 can buy you roughly 65,000 shares. Once your funds clear with your broker you simply search for the ticker SFIO (Smokefree Innotech) then buy. There are many beginner tools on these broker sites that make it very easy. I also set up a fixed income investment that I put my savings in. Low risk and an average 8% return over the past 15 years. It's fun

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Simply open up an Etrade, Ameritrade, or Scottrade account.
So, for someone who's never managed anything but a 401K, which of those three would be best? Lower fees, ease of use, helpful tips, etc.
I've briefly checked out all of their sites. From that scratching of the surface, I'm leaning toward Ameritrade ... but, that could be because I just like their web site better than the others.
Yes, I believe I could enjoy this ... maybe too much.

paulyc44

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2009
I've only used Etrade so I couldn't comment on the others but they all essentially do the same thing - some with more in depth tools and cheaper costs per trade. Be forewarned though that dabbling with penny stocks is no different than putting your money on black at the roulette table in my opinion. If you're a gambler I suggest you stay away. If you want to invest in a company you believe in, then do it.

paulyc44

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2009
FDA ruling in NJOY case allows Smokefree Innotech to sell their e-cigs in the US. SFIO had a 64% gain today and is headed to penny land. Only 1 of 2 publicly traded e-cig plays in the US and the other is at .50 ! SFIO only at .009 - Load up while they're cheap folks. Gonna run all week and make me a lot of dough. Have 1 million shares that only cost me $3K.

JWebb

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
St. Louis USA
Remember Lehman brothers, AIG, GM, Fannie Mae? After what wall street did to America and required bailouts in the 800's of billions, no wall street crook has gone to jail for ripping of milliond of Americans and forcing them into foreclosure, costing millions their jobs and ruining the economy over greed, I would not trust this for a second. Sucker game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread