Wanna try DIY

Status
Not open for further replies.

J MacLeod

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 21, 2011
Florida USA
www.wizardlabs.us
I'm not a big fan of the disposable pipettes either.
Yes, they're cheap and good for those who like to mix flavors "by the seat of their pants" with a splash of this and a drop or two of that, but for any serious recipe creation that you want to duplicate later with accurate, reproduceable measurements, syringes are the way to go.

1ml syringe with an 18g or 16g needle for flavoring small recipes from 3ml to 10ml bottles.
3ml or 5ml syringe with an 18g or 16g needle for flavoring 30-50ml recipes.

For measuring VG and heavy VG nic base a 14g needle is a must, unless you're using aqueous VG by diluting with ~7-10% distilled water first.
10ml or 20ml syringes are helpful for the nic base and PG/VG.
Once you start making batches larger than 30ml you might want to consider graduated cylinders.

Yes, mixing directly in the dropper bottle is fine.
I do it all the time and rarely make more than a 10ml bottle of any one recipe, but I suffer from F.A.D.D. (Flavor Attention Deficit Disorder).
Usually by the time I vape 6-8mls the thrill is waning, and I'm ready for a taste of something new.

Since you've already got syringes and bottles, you may want to take the pipettes and bottles off your order, or add a few more flavorings instead.

With the amount of nic base and vg you've got there you should be able to make up about 410ml of finished 18mg/ml juice using 10% flavoring.

Btw, good on ya for not going with 100mg/ml your first time out.
The difference is only about $0.05 per finished 10ml bottle of 18mg/ml juice, but the risks are reduced almost by half.
I'd say that's a wise beginner's trade-off for cost/benefit.
:thumbs:

J MacLeod

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 21, 2011
Florida USA
www.wizardlabs.us
The easiest way I've found is to mix a large amount of base. I use Capellas consistently at 20% flavoring. So, for a 10ml batch use a 10ml syringe. Fill the syringe with 2ml flavoring, then add 8ml of base, squirt gently into bottle. You're done...easy peasy.

Nice. I'm officially stealing your method for when I'm rushed. ;)

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Oh crap, it took me a minute to register that John is from Wizards Labs, lolz! Wow, that's some pretty awesome dedication, coming into the thread to answer my questions. Already I'm feeling good about your business, well done.

Here's my rationale to using pipettes over syringes: I want to mix a very small amount of each flavor straight up (i.e. 1ml for each flavor) to sample. All of the while, making good notes on each flavor and consistency so I can try and figure out which flavors would go good together, and start mixing!

I could be mistaken, but, wouldn't using a syringe be difficult to mix 1ml amounts, since the recipe for 1ml mixes require mere drops per each ingredient? BTW, I added a 1ml, and 2 3ml syringes to the order, and decreased the pipettes to 10, instead of 25.

It's all together, just waiting for me to process the order. However, I always get cold feet at this point. Deciding on if I want to pull the trigger or not. Well, I do wish to pull the trigger. I just have to think of the repercussions, as money isn't really flowing in my household at the moment.

On the good side, if I am able to create something that is vapable, perhaps even something I love, I could save a ....-TON of money in the long run.

On the negative side, I fail over and over again to produce a juice that can satisfy me and I've wasted 'x' amount of dollars on the investment.

Seems a little trivial for some, but as I had said, I don't really have a great deal of money to play with. Another reason I chose Wizards Labs. The pricing is right!

I must mull all of it over. Feel free to post convincing posts to push me to the order screen, lolz.

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
I could be mistaken, but, wouldn't using a syringe be difficult to mix 1ml amounts, since the recipe for 1ml mixes require mere drops per each ingredient? BTW, I added a 1ml, and 2 3ml syringes to the order, and decreased the pipettes to 10, instead of 25.

You might be right... I use 1mL syringes for my mixing, and just go by 0.1mL = 2 drops.

Cookster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2011
Fla-De-Da
Well, if you're mixing single flavors to start, which I would highly recommend, same principle applies. In a 1ml syringe, for let's say, 10% flavoring, you would add flavoring to the .1ml mark, and the add your base, .9ml to get 1ml. Drops vary, viscosity varies, syringe measurements are the most accurate.

And, ABSOLUTELY, give it a go :)

J MacLeod

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 21, 2011
Florida USA
www.wizardlabs.us
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: supplier posting in unauthorized area
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread