Want a Reo, have questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyofskittles

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2013
Norflk, VA
I found the answers to my questions with the exception of battery safety. Im wondering if there are batteries that fit the reo mini (18490 or 18500??) That have higher amp limits for sub ohms.
I don't sub ohm all the time, only on occasion, bit it's comforting knowing my battery cam handle it.

-Sent from my DNA20 through my kayfun Lite

Last edited:

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
The Mini with the 14500 battery is no longer produced. The Mini 2.0 works with the 18490. The recommended battery for the REO is the AW IMR.

Because of the current amount of people wanting to do the sub-ohm vaping, Robert (redeyedance) owner of REO, is working on a special new firing contact and spring for the REO's. New REO's will come fitted with the new parts once they are available.

We would love to help answer any questions. Please drop by the REO forum here:
Reos Mods

armyofskittles

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2013
Norflk, VA
The Mini with the 14500 battery is no longer produced. The Mini 2.0 works with the 18490. The recommended battery for the REO is the AW IMR.

Because of the current amount of people wanting to do the sub-ohm vaping, Robert (redeyedance) owner of REO, is working on a special new firing contact and spring for the REO's. New REO's will come fitted with the new parts once they are available.

We would love to help answer any questions. Please drop by the REO forum here:
Reos Mods

Thankyou! I certainly will. It's too bad the mini isn't made anymore, I like that it's thinner than the new mini :( but I don't think there's a safe 14500 battery with the protection I'm looking for

-Sent from my DNA20 through my Kayfun Lite

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
A Reo grand is your best bet and it's not that much bigger than a mini. I run grands and my wife hogs the minis. When you use 18650 batteries then you can really start to use some of the power and for more than 2 hours at a time between battery changes.

If you look at some of the sticky threads in here, you can find comparative pictures between the different models. But it really does come down to what you want to do with it and how large a mod you are willing to accommodate. The sub-ohm kit will benefit everyone because even users with smaller devices and batteries ought to see a battery life improvement.

T

armyofskittles

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2013
Norflk, VA
A Reo grand is your best bet and it's not that much bigger than a mini. I run grands and my wife hogs the minis. When you use 18650 batteries then you can really start to use some of the power and for more than 2 hours at a time between battery changes.

If you look at some of the sticky threads in here, you can find comparative pictures between the different models. But it really does come down to what you want to do with it and how large a mod you are willing to accommodate. The sub-ohm kit will benefit everyone because even users with smaller devices and batteries ought to see a battery life improvement.

T

When will they be putting the sub ohm kit on the mods they ship out? If I buy one this week will it have it? And what is it

-Sent from my DNA20 through my Kayfun Lite

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
It's an imminent reworking of the current setup that will have an uprated spring and firing pin. It's not available yet, but anytime in the next month is feasible.

Incidentally - there is nothing wrong with the regular setup and if you don't run very low resistance coils, then they are easy to maintain. My wife runs coils at about 1.5Ω and her minis need nothing more than a monthly wash and Noalox.

It's really more aimed at people that use sub-ohm coils and specifically to address sparking issues and voltage drop. New mods will ship with it when available and those of us that already run stock Reos will be able to buy the kit and fit it ourselves.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...echanical-reos-will-seeing-some-upgrades.html

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread