Warning: Johnson creek e-liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to start anything, really, with all due Respect,
but I am curious, what do you use in your e-cigs now? and did they show you all, or any of the information you asked for from Mac?
Being cautious I can fully understand, thats what this forum is here for, so we can exchange information on these products, since they are so new.

Edit* Kate posted while I was typing, I will read that. The asked for documents, I would read, but just didnt think was neccesary.

MacFan said this -

"The results from our tests literally list all of the ingredients (and their percentages) on the report. We do want to mark out at least the percentages. When we do, Johnson Creek will post PDF's of the reports (granted, it might look like something out of the Watergate investigation, but it will show the salient points and the safety findings)."

Here - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/2120-eliquid-suppliers-6.html

Thanks Kate.

Magus,

I am using Janty's juice and Jane's Kick juice.

The post from christian is almost a month ago (3+ weeks) and still nothing to show for it.

Chinese liquid MUST pass some sort of health inspection. Granted these are chinese, but something is better than nothing. China also has huge manufacturing plants that have to abide by certain health codes just like here in the usa.

What facility is JC's being made?

Just think if we are going to hold JC to such high standards, we should do the same for all the juice companys.
I am sure the ones we all know, would be willing to help or answer what ever they can.

The Home brew companys, (JC, Wicked, Janes, so on, all included) I dont think CAN get some of those documents. I know it would be hard for me to get a certification from the board of health here, if they have no idea what the thing is.
I know I personally couldnt afford an independant lab test and risk assessment study. Some of the big drug companys cant afford those things.

Anyway, forget I said anything, lets see what Mac says.
*and thanks Kate for the links, makes it easier to find the other documents.

Edit* the chinese companys have "certain health codes " sure, but do they watch or follow them? Baby food and milk, and toys all have those standards too, but everyday in the news they are recalling something that passed those codes and are killing some kid.

Last edited:

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
The Home brew companys, (JC, Wicked, Janes, so on, all included) I dont think CAN get some of those documents. I know it would be hard for me to get a certification from the board of health here, if they have no idea what the thing is.

Magus ... my man ... Check your facts :). Wicked juice and Janes juice are NOT homebrews. Neither are my own, just an FYI. :D Any Juice or ELiquid on the market at this time are ALL made in a Chinese Manufacturing Plant (Minus JC Juice of course)

MagusSteele said:
Edit* the chinese companys have "certain health codes " sure, but do they watch or follow them? Baby food and milk, and toys all have those standards too, but everyday in the news they are recalling something that passed those codes and are killing some kid.

Keyword ... At least they are RECALLING them. Would you prefer to have at least SOME health code certifications or none at all? Your argument is null and void unless you are sitting there watching someone in the manufacturing plant through every step of the process. If you aren't doing this, health code certifications are the only thing allowing us to see (what some perceive) as at least abiding by some type of standard.

Last edited:

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK

As Cash says, yes...they are recalling the items. And yes, there are still problems. But hell is being paid for that right now.

But is this an excuse for Mac not to produce a safety report? Or does the fact that things slipped through the cracks give other companies a free ride? Is it really an excuse to tolerate this behavior? I would think it would encourage us to ask questions of our manufacturers.

Last edited:
Your right Cash, maybe i should have just said smaller distributors then.

The only reason they recall those items is because they got caught. I imagine the people who did get caught got shot soon after in china too, hehe

The health codes are fine, we just have no idea what those codes are, or should be.

I forgot the name of the hasmat reports that companies need to have on file, but i can show you some for fog juice, that says its perfectly fine to inhale, but i sure wouldnt want to smoke it.
Also, I am almost afraid to get ANY government agency involved. first the board of health, next the Taxman, then before we know it, the parliment/congress are trying to ban it because they are not getting high enough kick backs :(

Anyway, Like i said before, lets see what Mac has to say, and we each can continue to watch over the companys that sell juice, and report our experinces to the rest of us.

stevoG

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2008
Buffalo, NY
Maybe i am being uneducated by asking this but why would Mac have to get a lab test done on a product he "mixes and makes himself" with products that are all natural as he claims? Dont you think he would have a list of all the percentages of product he puts in there? Im sorry baked a cake from scratch with all natural ingredients im pretty sure i would know what is in there still when im done

Last edited:
Maybe i am being uneducated by asking this but why would Mac have to get a lab test done on a product he "mixes and makes himself" with products that are all natural as he claims? Dont you think he would have a list of all the percentages of product he puts in there? Im sorry baked a cake from scratch with all natural ingredients im pretty sure i would know what is in there still when im done

Maybe he needs to get a lab test to ensure that he's legally able to sell the stuff?

And secondly, why on earth would a manufacturer list their entire recipe, including ingredients and percentages? That would be instant death for a supplier surely? Trade secrets are there for a reason :p

Does it really matter long as his products are good

I'm with you Ned - it seems some people have it in for Christian whan all he's trying to do is supply us with a good product.

I say, let him get any problems sorted - give the guy a break. I'm sure over the next few months or so the product will be refined and (hopefully) perfected. Personally, I feel much more comfortable purchasing from JC than from, say, e-cig.com . . . . but that's just me :p

ned Zeppelin

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2008
uk
I personally think people should start to leave poor old Mac alone.

At first everybody was banging on how great this juice was and now suddenly because of atomiser problems etc etc etc people are starting ganging up on him for any excuse as I think this all should stop immediately as it is starting to get out of hand instead of trying to support him and advise him how to improve his products.

People shouldn't be dripping their atomiser anyway they weren't designed for this and suppliers and manufacturers have told me this but we do and we should all take the consequences if things go wrong and not blame liquid manufacturers, cigarette manufacturers, or suppliers as this is still in the early stage of developing and all types of quality are out there which do differ from manufacturer to manufacturer as I have personally found that out with the research and money I have spent.

If electronic cigarettes had been around for the last 10 years and we were getting these problems with liquid then we all should have a case for complaining.

Do we ask all manufacturers what ingredients they put in their products? No because we wouldn't probably get any answers so we never bother. Do you think Mr Kentucky fried chicken would give is his recipe? I don't think so. Come on there has to be trade secrets specially regarding ingredients. As long as we are assured they are safe that should be enough.

But because the electronic cigarettes and the liquid ingredients is so new. None of us know the future of the implications. Even if tests are done none of us will really find out for years to come if this is damaging in any way to our health.

And folks I'm sorry for banging on but I feel something needs to be said and some will disagree with what I have said and I am not in any way involved with J. C. and do not use their juice mainly because I'd only prefer the true tobacco flavour type liquid and I don't like anything with almonds and fruity flavours but this is probably because it's a British thing especially regarding smoking products.

So let's leave poor old Mac alone as the least has made an effort to try to improve and give choice to what is already out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread