Warning: Johnson creek e-liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
some liquid finds its way past the wirewool and hangs around in the base of the atomizer.. some of this liquid goes thru the connecting hole between atomizer and battery.. the hole has to be there to allow the suck to work the switch which is in the battery..

as a general rule i would imagine the thinner the liquid the more its likely to leak where it isnt wanted.. but being as there is nothing to really stop some liquid getting into the battery end its normal to have a bit in there..

it shouldnt make the pushed in brass end come lose thow.. but some do come out very easily.. they are whats called an interference fit.. made slightly larger than the battery tube and then pressed in hard.. variations in manufacturing tolerances mean some are a tighter fit tham othera..

its easy to believe the stuff just dosnt work..too easy.. he he.. but not that it played a part in your battery falling apart.. the odd brass end coming lose is not unusual to me.. i have tried to get them out deliberately some come out easy some are impossible to budge.. the odd one falls out during use..

does it look corroded.. ???

trog

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
I've been using JC juice (As this is hte only juice I have) and have topped carts off for quite some time and not really had problems other than the atomizer getting hard to draw- BUT I have to mention that ALL my SmartFixx atomizers got hard to draw with using nothign but standard SmartFixx cartridges as well after only a few days usage (I did have one out of about 7 work for 2 weeks before it gave up hte Ghost). Cashme sent me an atomizer, and at that point I had bought some of hte first JC juice, and have been dripping the cartridges for quite some time- I get a couple of days usage before it becomes hard to draw, but doing what I mentioned above restores the draw and vapor production, and I've doen htis several times with good results.

The issue with battery leakage, any liquid is goign to leak through to hte battery- I've taken batteries apart that I've only used prefilled cartridges in, and htey too were soaked with liquid.

Again, I'm not defending JC juice, but we need to keep things in perspective here. As ya'll remember, Jane's juice was causing atomizers to die on some folks, while others have used it without problems, so there may be soem variable that differs between users that needs to be taken into concideration as well. The oil issue- before we conclude JC juice is hte only oily juice around, I think we need to dissassemble other batteries and see if other juices don't leave an oily residue as well- it may just be common for other juices to do htis as well as the flavor ingredients probably are similar in similar flavored juices.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
all the liquid i have used naz leaves an oily residue on things.. the liquid itself seems to be water soluble but the oily residue dosnt seem to be.. it gets on my hands and even washing up liqiud dosnt shift it properly.. the greasy factor is one of my e smoking niggles..

but u are right naz.. things need keeping in perspective..

trog

marian00

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2008
California USA
www.vaporcig.com
Hi Nazareth:

It's good to hear that you have not had any problems. I think you received a good batch. The very first one I received a few weeks ago or a month ago did not clog my atomizers to the point I could not clean them, but I exchanged it because I wasn't getting the kick in my nic.

I think Christian does have a good product, but more needs to be done in the test market phase before selling to the general public, or things like this will happen. Also, since this forum is home to all of us eSmokers, it might be a good idea if Christian addresses us in this thread.

Like all new products and technology, improvements are made because of people like us who freely and openly offer feedback. This is why I want to see more people who are happy with the JC juice and what sets their experiences apart.

I encourage others to post if you have had positive experiences with JC juice. No one wants to argue with you. We just want to figure out why some get good, and others bad, experiences.

You got a good batch, that's good Naz.

And yes, Jane had issues, but she answered them. She was selling e-cig.com juice before selling kick. She had noticed that customers were having problems with the fruit flavored juices and said so on the forums. She quit selling the e.cig liquid and now selling a reformulated juice.

The difference is, Jane was forthcoming with us. Christian has yet to post what's going on and why there are some good batches and some very bad batches. Nor has he recalled any of the bad batches.

amusing karen but november the 5th is the night us brits burn an effigy of the guy that tried to blow up our parliament a few hundred years ago..

alternatively its called.. bonfire night.. guy fawks night or fireworks night.. over here u wouldnt need any waking.. its a pretty noisy night.. he he

trog

Maybe that should be the night I go have that beer with Mr. Darcy. :evil: :lol:

Hey guys, I want to take a moment and respond to this thread. First though, let me say that I have not looked at any forum in the last few weeks because I have had to shuttle back and forth between California and Wisconsin due to a very close family death and subsequent issues. Make no mistake, this is not something I feel obligated to explain to anyone, but I simply can't abide anyone saying that I am in any way ignoring possible issues.
Still, we are meeting our commitments to our customers every day and maintaining the level of customer service for which we have become known, and for that I am quite proud. Thus, I have not been ignoring any threads or comments. Indeed, I think that most of you who know me know that I am very eager to talk to anyone who has a question about our products and frankly work very hard to maintain a level of customer service experienced nowhere else.
Since we opened in late July, we have had over 700 extremely pleased customers and we were so thrilled to be able to offer a choice to e-smokers in their smoke juice.
Each step of the way, as we have further refined our process for making what I (and many) believe to be the best e-liquid on the market, we spared no expense (including all of our savings) or effort to bring you something that we ourselves would love to use every day. Indeed, 98% of our customers have had no issues with taste, vapor, or atomizers. I say this not to minimize your issues, but rather to underscore how hard we work for our customers and that we do not ignore the needs and issues of any of our customers.
Our goal was to offer a smoke juice that was free of the litany of chemicals, chemical preservatives, clarifiers, additives, flavor enhancers, artificial flavorings and stabilizers found in all other e-liquids on the market - but one that would still offer not only a great vaping experience but also one that would taste better than anything else. And although we tested our liquid very extensively before releasing it, and although the vast majority of our customers have not experienced any problems with it, there are those who feel that problems they have experienced with atomizers are a result of our smoke juice. At no time did we attempt to shirk any responsibility (indeed to do so goes very counter to my personality). In fact, on the chance that this may be possible, we went to great expense to purchase and install a top filtration system through which all of our smoke juice now gets filtered. Still, some feel that there is still a problem. So,
in the past week, we have asked an outside resource to look at our process and try to identify any possible culprits. She concluded that it may not be possible to truly filter out some of the flavoring oils used on some of the tobacco leaves. Further, that it may be possible that these oils could cause a problem. Though we purchase only dry tobacco, some in the mixture did have flavoring oil/residue on them. This is the only remaining possibility and one that we will now aggressively pursue.
Therefore, effective Monday 9/22, we will no longer use natural tobacco in any of our smoke juice and will instead switch to a tobacco flavoring liquid with nicotine. We have found a company that will provide us with a flavoring that I believe still maintains our commitment to a safe and natural e-liquid. We hope very much that the taste of Johnson Creek Smoke Juice will remain the same smooth, great taste its become known for. Indeed, we will be working extremely hard to ensure it does!
Let me tell you that Johnson Creek Original Smoke Juice is something that I truly believe to be special; a product that enhances something we all have grown to love; e-smoking. A product that I work very hard to bring to market, without the "benefit" of premade chemical additives, etc. As customers, you should responsibly challenge the companies you buy from; I certainly do! You should expect to get what was promised in exchange for your hard-earned money; I certainly expect to! And I would never ask any of you to expect anything less from Johnson Creek than what I expect from myself. So, we're not going to stop making our products the best in the world, we're not going to stop listening to our customers, we're not going to stop being flexible and responsive, and we're not going anywhere.
We knew back in June that our company would of course undergo changes, modifications, and improvements as time went by, and I think we've embraced these changes well and minimized their impact on our customers - other than to bring them continually better and better products. And this is something we'll continue to do.
Will I be able to read and post on this forum the way I used to? Regrettably no. This is but one of the things that I have to sacrifice in order to concentrate on meeting our ever-increasing responsibilities and making our products and our company the absolute best. But, as I said this doesn't mean that we won't be as responsive or responsible as always.
Nevertheless, I do want to say how much this forum has meant to me and how important its been in helping me and so many others work through a discovery that many of us never thought we'd find. A discovery of an alternative to something that has felt like an ever-tightening noose around our necks for decades. It's this great circle of folks who believe in fair and open discourse that is continuing to inspire people every day to make the same discovery we have. I do hope that this same fair and open discourse continues :)

strungmind

Sep 5, 2008
Mac, I am truly sorry for your personal loss.

I can't speak for anyone else, but communicating the problems that have been reported and your plan to work on them has completely renewed my trust in your company. Just out of curiosity, you mentioned the possibility of oils from the tobacco leaves themselves? Where you using different types of tobacco plants or from different suppliers that maybe was causing some inconsistencies with the juice? I know you are going to be using a tobacco liquid in the future, but I'm just still kind of curious as their seems to be no consistent evidence to what has happened to us few that have had problems.

I really appreciated your response, and can't wait to try out your new batch!

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK
yep , good response mac. It's good to hear that you're taking things on-board and making every feasible effort to rectify the problems that some folk have been experiencing.
I think i may just try out your tobacco liquid batch after september 22nd because if your not giving up then i'm sure as hell not gonna :)
I think the folks that have tried JC seem to love it generally me included, so if the one thing that seems to be a problem to some is fixed then i'm sure you got a winner on your hands.

Mac, my condolences to you and yours for your lose and i'm sure that's echoed throughout the membership of this forum.

The Flavor and nicotine are the most important things Of the E-Juice. (not counting the vapor)
Keep at it Mac.
I think, we here, are just trying to understand what the problem is, so we too can make things better, it just happend that your juice got the attention, I am sure it is nothing personal for sure.
I believe we are all still learning how to make these products, the cigs and everything that goes with them better. It is through these evendentuial threads we can come to some kind of conclusion.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
Mac- I thought sure something had happened- and just want to say sorry for your loss.

About hte tobacco oils- I'm thinking that it might actually be soemthign else, IF other juice companies use tobacco plant for hteir nic extraction and IF their juices don't cause atomizer issues- IF they are using the same methods, then this would point ot somethign else in your brews that might be hte culprit for htose that are having problems- I have two bottles of your ealiest batches, and don't really experience a problem with it other than it becomming hard to draw after 4 or so days BUT I must also state that even my SmartFixx atomizers got hard to draw using standard prefilled cartridges exclusively in them, so not really sure if it;'s just that my newest Puresmoker atomizer is acting up from time to time, perhaps due to over filling the cartridges, or if it's the actual juice itself causing hte slight problem- As I said, it's certainly not ruined my atomizer as I've been able to restore the previous good vapor production by using hte methods I described to 'clean' the atomizer by heatign it up. It could be hte atomizer itself gettign old, or the juice- but which ever, I've not found the juice to be an 'atomizer killer' like soem others have and I just suspect that overfilling cartridges might be the problem for me at least, but who knows.

Anyway, thanks for addressing the issue & for using hte tobacco essence instead of the straight extraction method, this might indeed help the issue some, but as mentioned above, IF other jucies use straight extraction, and IF their juices don't clog atomizers, then the problem might lie elsewhere weith another ingredient- Just a thought- Not sure if other juices use straight extraction or synthetics, but might be somethign worth investigating for hte sake of clarity of issue I h5ink

Guys I can't tell you how heartened I feel by your responses - I feel like we have a bunch of partners along the way to making the best product in the industry! All I can say is that no matter what it takes, we're not going to stop until we've developed the absolute best e-liquid (and probably even then, keep going:)
Naz, I hear what you're saying about the extraction method and you may certainly be right. We're going to give this a shot and see what the solution does for the flavor. I really have no doubt that it will make our smoke juice extremely 'clean' so to speak, but I'm just a bit worried about the flavor. I don't want our smoke juice to wind up tasting like all the other Chinese liquids (not that I'd let it) and the only reason we went along with this particular flavoring liquid is because it has no dangerous compounds in it. Our whole core philosophy from the beginning was to not add any chemicals. And secondarily, to never have that 'artificial' and often bizarre taste that many e-liquids can have. That said, we do have some very good ideas that will be ready by Friday to ensure that our brand flavor remains (and is actually enhanced).
At any rate, a very heartfelt thank you for your sentiments and for your support. I'm not quite sure I can relay how much they mean to me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread