Status
Not open for further replies.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
it shouldnt matter if all is working as intended. The wattage rating is intended for VW usage and is more a function of the wicking capability etc of the coil head than anything else. If the pico is properly set for the correct TCR of your SS and the resting resistance is measured properly, should be fine and dandy!

Reactions: KenD and m1ke

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I'd like to know people's thoughts on this: I'm using a SS coil rated 30-60w in TC mode on a PICO. I have the wattage set to 50w. I assume it wouldn't be good for the coil to set the preheat wattage to over the max suggested for the coil.. or does that not matter?
My all day everyday setup (below) is 400 degrees and 30 max watts. On my Pico setting the watts higher makes a result I don't like. Setting the watts seems to matter.

m1ke

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2013
North East USA
My all day everyday setup (below) is 400 degrees and 30 max watts. On my Pico setting the watts higher makes a result I don't like. Setting the watts seems to matter.
It matters in that regard. The higher the wattage, the faster it will hit the set temp, but I guess if the wattage is too high, it'll spike beyond the set temp for a split second before leveling out.

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands

This is my experience as well. How high you set the wattage in TC mode does effect the vape experience, I play with wattage and temp settings in tc mode all the time to adjust them to my mood.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
This is my experience as well. How high you set the wattage in TC mode does effect the vape experience, I play with wattage and temp settings in tc mode all the time to adjust them to my mood.
And I lock the buttons and never touch temp or watts. From that baseline I find I need to rewick twice a week and rebuild twice a monthh to keep the best flavor and throat hit, especially throat hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread