Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Due to the ECF reorganization the ProVari forum will be recreated as a Social Group. This thread is for ideas of what to name the new group. I encourage everyone to participate, especially new members to the sub-forum who may have a more unbiased opinion than those of us who have been here for awhile.

Post whatever comes to mind, even if you think it's stupid. You can post as many times as you like.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Although I'm a proud member of the ProVarinati, I've read several comments of those outside of our little group that the name and "cult status" of the name turns some people off. They don't realize the whole name thing was a tongue in cheek response to the ProVari haters calling us all a cult to begin with. I'd hate to give that impression to new members who don't know the history. We get enough grief as it is by being called elitists. I'd still like for the ProVarinati to exist and for us who choose to keep the ProVarinati banners. I just don't want to alienate new members off by the name. Any one else agree or disagree?

So far I'm keen for the ProVari Saloon, the ProVari Back Porch (Saloon), or the ProVari Lounge.

Last edited:

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Ok, I'll start since no one else has...

ProVarinati Social Club
ProVarinati Place
ProVarinati Saloon

Ok obvious I'm stuck on ProVarinati...;)

OK I wasn't first. I get what your say'in Bad, BUT...it seems a lot of other juices or gear have fun, different names. HHV Army and REO has a different name (can't think of it now)

It just to me naming the actual folks that love the certain product versus just naming the product itself. To me, ProVape is the "product" forum and we are the people who love the ProVari. Peeps seem to find the saloon now pretty easily. Just IMO.

Last edited:

CrimsonJack

Ursus Praedonum
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
The Vobbit Hole
Although I'm a proud member of the ProVarinati, I've read several comments of those outside of our little group that the name and "cult status" of the name turns some people off. They don't realize the whole name thing was a result of the ProVari haters calling us all a cult to begin with. I'd hate to give that impression to new members who don't know the history. I'd still like for the ProVarinati to exist and for us who choose to keep the ProVarinati banners. I just don't want to turn new members off by the name.

So far I'm keen for the ProVari Saloon, the ProVari Back Porch, or the ProVari Lounge.

I admit, I would like the continuity of keeping Saloon in the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread