Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I posted this over in the sticky thread but I'll repost it here.....

I like Provarinati too but I see this could be confusing to new members. Provari Social Club sounds like we should be playing bridge at the retirement center. I'm swaying more toward Provari Saloon. Sounds friendly and inviting.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
I agree with Bad, the name provarinati will alienate new folks retain ammo for the same old flamers and is not something everyone that owns a provari wants to be 'known' as.

Provari central.
Provari station.
Provari grand central.
The Provari.
The Provari place or room.
The Provari stop.
Provari enthusiasts lounge.
Get down with OPP (aka Other Peoples Provari's / Other Provari People)

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I just lurk around, reading up when I need to find some info, I hope I'll be able to tag along. If you like the ProVarinati name, but don't want it to be too obvious, how about ProVari Nation? It's still in there, but sort of like hidden in plain view, lol.

Hi Q! All will be welcome. It won't be a private forum, you won't have to ask to 'join' or be granted permission to do so.
Hopefully there will be a way to leave a trail of bread crumbs for a while.

:)

CrimsonJack

Ursus Praedonum
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
The Vobbit Hole
I posted this over in the sticky thread but I'll repost it here.....

I like Provarinati too but I see this could be confusing to new members. Provari Social Club sounds like we should be playing bridge at the retirement center. I'm swaying more toward Provari Saloon. Sounds friendly and inviting.

It's funny, when I hear Social Club I think of a mob hang out. :laugh: Funny how the same name conjures up different images for different people!

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
Although I'm a proud member of the ProVarinati, I've read several comments of those outside of our little group that the name and "cult status" of the name turns some people off. They don't realize the whole name thing was a tongue in cheek response to the ProVari haters calling us all a cult to begin with. I'd hate to give that impression to new members who don't know the history. We get enough grief as it is by being called elitists. I'd still like for the ProVarinati to exist and for us who choose to keep the ProVarinati banners. I just don't want to turn new members off by the name. Any one else agree or disagree?

So far I'm keen for the ProVari Saloon, the ProVari Back Porch, or the ProVari Lounge.

I tend to agree, but what about the REOnaughts? Same concept there.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
First rule of ProVari club is....nah, nevermind.

I like the Provari Saloon or just ProVarinati.

I understand the concern about ProVarinati, but I think most people interested would pop in, and find us mostly friendly, and we could Sticky something like "Where the Goofy Name Came From". Or maybe it could be "The ProVarinati - All Are Welcome" in case they weren't sure.

:laugh:

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I'm liking ProVari Nation. Great suggestion!!

I just lurk around, reading up when I need to find some info, I hope I'll be able to tag along. If you like the ProVarinati name, but don't want it to be too obvious, how about ProVari Nation? It's still in there, but sort of like hidden in plain view, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread