Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Moe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Ohio
www.vaporbomb.com
Like Kitty, we have another heat wave going. Figures: it's the first week of Spring soccer and the kids have to play in the wilting afternoon heat on a field with no shade. :facepalm: It was 87 at the coast a couple of hours ago--and this is supposed to be the cooler of the hot days....

I felt terrible when my son had baseball in the sweltering heat. If you are sitting down on a chair in shorts and a tank top and still hot - can you imagine how the kids feel out in the direct son with long pants and running around.

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
I felt terrible when my son had baseball in the sweltering heat. If you are sitting down on a chair in shorts and a tank top and still hot - can you imagine how the kids feel out in the direct son with long pants and running around.

It was pretty bad. Both my wife and I were exhausted... I can only imagine how the kids felt. Despite my exhortations to get them to drink lots of water beforehand, my daughter still succumbed to some mild heat stroke at the end of the day. It took 8 glasses of water before her headache began to subside and she was able to eat some dinner.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
It was pretty bad. Both my wife and I were exhausted... I can only imagine how the kids felt. Despite my exhortations to get them to drink lots of water beforehand, my daughter still succumbed to some mild heat stroke at the end of the day. It took 8 glasses of water before her headache began to subside and she was able to eat some dinner.

Dang.......that's nuts. Glad she's ok. Coaches are supposed to be watching for stuff like that.

Sorry ya got the chilly willys back Moe, wish I could send ya some warm!!

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
Dang.......that's nuts. Glad she's ok. Coaches are supposed to be watching for stuff like that.

Sorry ya got the chilly willys back Moe, wish I could send ya some warm!!

She didn't experience any symptoms until well after her game. She drank copious amounts during the game--I think it was afterward that she didn't replenish her fluids.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
We got some rain headed our way but 70's and a couple 80's all this week!!! yay!!!! I love it!!!

For those not so fond of the heat

weather big bassette in front of fan ears blown back.jpg

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
My husbands grandmother texted me and told me it is snowing at home.... I was hoping when we got back home it was going to be done with snow it is almost April but not sure that's gonna happen.

Maybe it will help you appreciate the warmer temperatures just a little bit more....?

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
My husbands grandmother texted me and told me it is snowing at home.... I was hoping when we got back home it was going to be done with snow it is almost April but not sure that's gonna happen.

Don't go back! text em back, tell em the whole family is relocating and to git their hineys to Fla!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread