The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Weather

Discussion in 'VaporBomb' started by Big Moe, Feb 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Big Moe

Big Moe Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2014
    Ohio
    I felt terrible when my son had baseball in the sweltering heat. If you are sitting down on a chair in shorts and a tank top and still hot - can you imagine how the kids feel out in the direct son with long pants and running around.

2. Big Moe

Mar 27, 2014
    Ohio
    yesterday was 64...the rest of the week is suppose to be chilly again.......just a tease

3. CountBoredom

CountBoredom ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2014
    San Diego, CA, USA
    It was pretty bad. Both my wife and I were exhausted... I can only imagine how the kids felt. Despite my exhortations to get them to drink lots of water beforehand, my daughter still succumbed to some mild heat stroke at the end of the day. It took 8 glasses of water before her headache began to subside and she was able to eat some dinner.

4. Debadoo

Debadoo ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    Dang.......that's nuts. Glad she's ok. Coaches are supposed to be watching for stuff like that.

Sorry ya got the chilly willys back Moe, wish I could send ya some warm!!

5. CountBoredom

Apr 11, 2014
    San Diego, CA, USA
    She didn't experience any symptoms until well after her game. She drank copious amounts during the game--I think it was afterward that she didn't replenish her fluids.

6. Big Moe

Mar 27, 2014
    Ohio
    39 degrees today. A little sunny so it doesn't feel that bad. My dogs have figured out when its sunny they get to stay out longer so my CHow Chow runs over to his lead on the nice days......

7. Big Moe

Mar 27, 2014
    Ohio
    The news said this morning that there is expected snow in southern ohio. I think its going to pass me up but I did have frosty car windows this morning

8. CountBoredom

Apr 11, 2014
    San Diego, CA, USA
    More temperatures in the high 80's/low 90's expected for this weekend for us....

9. Debadoo

May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    We got some rain headed our way but 70's and a couple 80's all this week!!! yay!!!! I love it!!!

For those not so fond of the heat

weather big bassette in front of fan ears blown back.jpg

10. Big Moe

Mar 27, 2014
    Ohio
    89 degrees and me and the kiddos were at the beach in Naples and in the pool all day. Not wanting to go home

11. Debadoo

May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood

Ya shoulda flew south for the winter much earlier!!! lol Glad y'all are nice and toasty and playin in the sunshine!

12. CountBoredom

Apr 11, 2014
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Definitely glad you got some much needed warmth, Moe.

13. Big Moe

Mar 27, 2014
    Ohio
    Thank you - Im not going to be to thrilled to go back home if its still cold....

14. Big Moe

Mar 27, 2014
    Ohio
    My husbands grandmother texted me and told me it is snowing at home.... I was hoping when we got back home it was going to be done with snow it is almost April but not sure that's gonna happen.

15. CountBoredom

Apr 11, 2014
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Maybe it will help you appreciate the warmer temperatures just a little bit more....?

16. Debadoo

May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    Don't go back! text em back, tell em the whole family is relocating and to git their hineys to Fla!!

17. Big Moe

Mar 27, 2014
    Ohio
    Now that's a plan

18. Big Moe

Mar 27, 2014
    Ohio
    We finally hit a few straight warm days in a row. Warm meaning over 50 degrees LOL

19. Jugband

Jugband Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2013
    PA, USA
    I just left Marco Island Florida. Went from beaches and sunburn to back to -13 below, snow and ice. At least it's April, we should all be warm soon!

20. CountBoredom

Apr 11, 2014
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Was in the low 70's this past weekend. The forecast calls for a it to warm up to the high 70's later this week. I wouldn't mind some rain, though....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.