Weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
Our heat wave in the high 80's has finally cooled down to a nice comfortable "Sunny and 72"

BiYbfTMCEAAhvZ-.jpg:medium

Big Moe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Ohio
www.vaporbomb.com
They get so many free days but last year they exceeded the days so the kids had to start a little early and stay a little late to make up time. I have noticed they are waiting for extreme weather to call off school. There have been days where it was sooo cold the air took my breathe away they had school because they did not want to exceed the days well so many kids missed school that didn't have transportation so the teaches did not review anything new so kind of pointless.

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
We had a pair of heat warning days last year during which the kids didn't go to school. That was primarily because their school is built near the coast (where it is usually cooler) and so has never had air conditioning. The school district keeps talking about all of the upgrades they do to schools, but our school never gets any because we're on the coast and at the bottom of the list for both heat and AC.

Big Moe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Ohio
www.vaporbomb.com
They had a two hour delay yesterday so I had to keep my kids home. We work so there is no way to get the kids to school when they are on the delay which was stupid because two hours later it was still cold and they had loads of call offs so nothing was covered. They are so anxious to get the kids into class because last week and this week the kids are taking these new Parcc tests which is used to review the teacher themselves and the kids do not get any credit or grade for it. I think this is stupid what incentive does the student get to do a good job they could really just go in and not care and it only counts against the teacher.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Was supposed to get to 70 today.......but each time I've looked at it, it's dropped a degree.......I gotta stop looking! 46 now, looks our "high" will be 66 for maybe an hour! A couple days from now back into the low to mid 20's. This is soooooooooooo not right!! I'm in Texas for cryin out loud!!! lol This is March, it should be all about bluebonnets and strawberry shortcake right now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread