Weird happenstance-eGo atty question

Status
Not open for further replies.

CodeChimp

Feb 1, 2011
New Jersey, USA
So here's an odd one. I've been vaping with a joye eGo. I have 3 different atty's I vape with. 2 normal resistance and one LR. I just cleaned out my attys for the first time by boiling water, taking it off the stove soaking the attys for about 10 mins then drying them out, blowing them out and letting them hang a bit. I just filled a cart with BWB watermelon. The experience I've had with the vapor from my eGos from the start has been cool vapor. The watermelon juice seemed particularly cool and thick while drawing it in...until now. Now I'm getting this nice warm flavorful delicious vapor. Could I have screwed up the atty and now it's overheating or is this what it should be doing. As an added FYI, when I got my attys I only dried/blew out the primer...never boiled them.

CodeChimp

Feb 1, 2011
New Jersey, USA
That warmth is steam from water left in the wick in your atomizer. It'll go back to normal after you vape for a while. Of course if you LIKE it that way, you could try mixing a little water in with your e-liquid.

Oh I like it, I like it just fine :headbang: so long as the heat isn't bad for the battery. I might need to do that. Thanks KYF!

Kufu Kahn

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
Washington State
For a while I have been boiling my attys every couple of days to clean them out to restore the draw and flavor. I think that is way more trouble than I want to go through. So for the last couple of days I have been adding three drops of water to a used Mega cart and vaping that for a few minutes followed by a good blowing out of the atty. Seems to restore the volume of the draw, flavor, and heating ability of the atty. So far so good.

CodeChimp

Feb 1, 2011
New Jersey, USA
For a while I have been boiling my attys every couple of days to clean them out to restore the draw and flavor. I think that is way more trouble than I want to go through. So for the last couple of days I have been adding three drops of water to a used Mega cart and vaping that for a few minutes followed by a good blowing out of the atty. Seems to restore the volume of the draw, flavor, and heating ability of the atty. So far so good.

Thanks for the tip, don't need to tell me twice!

killpies

Jan 24, 2011
Melbourne

Great idea, thanks will give that a try when on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread