Wow I am so Confused! I just want to order!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently I smoke Marlboro Reds Shorts. I smoke about a half pack a day but if drinking up to a pack in a day. I am just learning about Ecigs but there is so much you have to know it's overwhelming. I know it's a learning curve but I don't want to buy the wrong supplies. Can anyone please just tell me what I should order, the Nic level and so on... I am sure I will learn more once I get the product but I want to get off this smelly habit of lighting up a real smoke ASAP!. Can i eventually move to non nicotine ecigs or what? I am just so confused with all the pro's here. Thanks to any and all who can give me some basic ideas on what to start out with. I do not want to spend tons of cash but not cheap either. I thank anyone who helps deeply!!!

debcartee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2013
Spokane WA
My first ecig was an ego from Liberty flights. It was a great starter ( and I still use it). I did change from the cartomizers it came with to clearomizers, but it works great and easy to use. I would start with 24 mg nic on your juices. Liberty flights is in CA and shipping is pretty quick. Make sure you hit the 20% off at the the top.
[http://www.liberty-flights.com/product.asp?id=170

brock957

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2013
Powder Springs GA
See if there are any stores near you. Most are honest people that will help you. I would recommend ego style batteries. Get 2 so one can charge while you're using the other. A few clearomizers too. Most places offer starter kits that come with 2 batteries 2 clearomizors and a charger.
Others will be able to give you more detailed advice.
good luck and welcome to the site.

Jfaria1891

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2012
The Huge State Of Rhode Island
Ego Twist Battery OR Spinner battery (same thing) X2 to use one while the other is charging (optional but recommended)
an EVOD (juice delivery system)
and of course some juice.

Perfect beginners kit that wont break the bank :D

Welcome to ECF, Vape On. and best of luck to you!:vapor:

edit: almost forgot 1/2 pack a day smoker id suggest 12mg-18mg juice.

vwkitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2013
CT
You will probably want to start with 24mg but you may want to mix it up and try 18mg too. I'm also new, by far no expert, but I was recently in your shoes. I used 24mg for a week or two and then down to 18mg. Also have some 12mg now that I use as a "filler" on weekends when I chain vape. While working and limited to breaks I can't vape as much so I need the nicotine boost. This has worked for me so you may want to try it, 18mg might be good for those times you'd normally be smoking more cigarettes.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Been around a short while and see this kit recommended more than any other:

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_Spinner_Joye_Ego_C_Twist_Combo_p/vvs-c.htm

I finally quit with this kit after a 35 year, 3 PAD battle and 18 unsuccessful, serious attempts. That kit and a 19th attempt with some strong juice finally enabled me to power through the cravings. Very surprised it worked. Still very surprised. Will never go back. Welcome, lots a good folks here, a lot of support, and all of them through very similar experience. Congrats on joining the forum, good luck, YOU CAN DO IT! and Vape On!

Talyon

Vape 4 Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Toronto
I'll recommend getting 12 & 24 nic of the same flavor, if 24 is to strong go to 12, if 12 is not enough mix the 12 with the 24 @ 50% each and u now have 18.

Remember water and backups for your backups are your friends.

If u get a chance please join CASAA - The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association they do an awful lot for our right to Vape. Ty.

bazmonkey

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2013
Oakland, CA
A-ha! Finally a chance to get someone off on the right foot!

Sir, if you're looking for someone to just say "Look, get this stuff and you'll be good till you figure out what you like"...

SKIP CIGARETTE-STYLE E-CIGARETTES! They look the most like real cigarettes but in a matter of weeks (or less) you'll be frustrated with battery life and refilling cartomizers. The fact of the matter is that a day's worth of vaping takes a larger device.

Buy this or something like it. It's less money (shipped!) than you'd pay for a cheap-o starter kit at a gas station:
$13.53 EGO-Vivi 4-in-1 USB Rechargeable 900mAh Electronic Cigarettes Health Keeping Set - black / US plug adapter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Go to Mt. Baker flavors. Get some 555 juice. It's a generic tobacco flavor that gives you a resonable idea of what tobacco juices taste like. Try 65% PG / 35% VG at 24mg/mL. This is all preference... finding a juice you like will be a subjective thing, but I think you'll be able to tolerate 555 enough to get an idea. Get 15mL: that should be vaguely a couple weeks of juice. Also super cheap:
555 E Juice Baker Vapor - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes

Boom! You're set. An ego battery, a vivi nova, and juice. From there, you'll need replacement heads for the vivi every bottle of juice or so. You'll probably want a spare battery at some point, and another vivi to hold more juice. But that should get you through a day by itself, and you'll be far past most newbies using a system that will actually save you money versus smoking and be satisfying enough to not get sick of it a week later.

Good luck!

vwkitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2013
CT
Oh and I want to add, grab a disposable first to test the waters. You'll probably like it, you're clearly motivated. From there I'd recommend skipping the rechargeable "cigalikes" and getting an eGo Twist. It's still fairly slim and compact but with room to grow and lots of tank options. From a disposable I bought a rechargeable blu kit and quickly felt it was a huge waste, I outgrew it in two weeks and knew I was ready for something more substantial.

CoRporis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2013
Indy
Agreed, eGo kits are good for starters. Won't break the bank, and provides a decent vape. I always suggest Evod tanks too, easy to use/fill and clean, also cheap. Search around for the best deals. For 1/2 pack a day smoker I think you'd be safe with 18mg(IMO), but everyone is different. Also check out https://www.facebook.com/groups/Vapedeal/?fref=ts and http://.........blogspot.com for some good deals. Good luck!

yellowxboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
Southern California, USA
SKIP CIGARETTE-STYLE E-CIGARETTES! They look the most like real cigarettes but in a matter of weeks (or less) you'll be frustrated with battery life and refilling cartomizers. The fact of the matter is that a day's worth of vaping takes a larger device.
!

exactly. you'll save yourself some good money for juices. I started with the cigarette-style e-cigs. it was nice bc i wanted something small and could fit in my pocket. after using it for a week or two, it got frustrating because they would last a few hours and i was constantly playing the cycling charging game.

WOW, thanks guys. I am still a bit overwhelmed but this helps. I was really liking the cig kinda style but understand it must have limited capabilities. I feel the ones you recommend are so big and would make things awkward when I want to just take a few drags or pull out in front of people. Not sure what to do but will really research all the recommendations Please keep them coming.

vwkitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2013
CT
It's a little intimidating at first, I was just there a few short weeks ago. You're used to holding a cigarette, we all were. At first it was weird holding the eGo, but you get used to it, FAST. I'd recommend seeing if there's a vape shop near you, my closest is 30-35 minutes away but worth the trip. They typically have a "bar" to try flavors and you can get a feel for it.

If you still feel weird holding something different than a cigarette, just keep thinking how you're improving your health and not stinking of cigarettes, it'll help get you through the awkward period. You'll probably encounter friends who smoke that'll think it's silly, a lot of mine do. I just tell them what delicious flavor I have that day, and some eventually ask to try it :)

So basically I charge the stick thing, screw on the 555 and just drag on that? Do i have to press a button ehen i drag? This is where I'm still a bit blurry. Should I order a few of the 555 things? I take it theses are filled tanks? Please help clarify. Also how many of the stick like parts should I order? Again thanks. I want to order ASAP so I can start by end of month. How long did shipping take from that place?

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
You will find everyone who has been vaping for awhile will recommend the cigar type size batteries for anyone who smokes more than a few cigs a day. Mainly because most of us started with the small cigalike or stick batts. We have all been there and those batteries are in the area of 2-300mah which will last 2/3 hours. We got tired of charging and recharging batteries all day everyday. The small cartos are equivalent to 5/7 cigarettes not a pack or two like you see in most adverts. People here will save you time trouble and money. Research your products thoroughly before buying.

VapHer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2013
Houston, TX
IMO eGo starter kits are the way to go! I have one and love it, and really it's not that awkward and gives great vapor!

This is the one I have:

Hardware | Vape On Liquids

It uses e-liquid in the CE-4 clearomizer. Definitely a better way to go I do believe :)

With that said, I can understand wanting a cig-a-like. I use to vape (and quit vaping for a while) and had a cig-a-like. It was alright (the cig-a-like) but eventually I became dissatisfied.

If your heart is content on using one though, I'd recommend the one I used to have. It uses pre-filled cartridges and the ones you buy here, are good out of them all. PLUS, this place has kickin' customer service :)

http://www.e-cigarettedirect.com/veppo-electronic-cigarette-kit/

Welcome, and happy vaping :vapor:

Ps. Sounds like you'll want to start out with a higher mg of nic.

bigmike76

Jul 1, 2013
jackson, ms
Hi Bustout and welcome to vaping! I started not too long ago and was in the same boat as you are now. The ego style battery is simply a battery with a button to activate and is threaded at the top for you to screw a tank on the top. The tank holds the e-liquid and is called several things such as clearomizers, evod, cartomizers, etc. The 555 referred to in an earlier post is a flavor of e-liquid. So you would IMHO benefit from an Ego starter kit that includes two ego style batteries, two tanks a charger and then order the flavor of your choice to put in your tanks. I was a 1 1/2 pk per day smoker of Marlboro lights and I have been using 18mg nicotine liquids but have tried 24mg liquids and it was a bit strong for me but not too bad. I later bought a eRoll kit (small cig style kit) just to use when I was out in a public place where I wasn't as comfortable using my bigger device. It definitely doesnt last as long as a ego style e-cig but it is great for public use while still being a newbie. Just my 2 cents worth. If you need help finding a kit PM and I will gladly help.

Kabooma

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Eastern PA
WOW, thanks guys. I am still a bit overwhelmed but this helps. I was really liking the cig kinda style but understand it must have limited capabilities. I feel the ones you recommend are so big and would make things awkward when I want to just take a few drags or pull out in front of people. Not sure what to do but will really research all the recommendations Please keep them coming.

Firstly, I want to second this opinion:
Been around a short while and see this kit recommended more than any other:

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_Spinner_Joye_Ego_C_Twist_Combo_p/vvs-c.htm

I finally quit with this kit after a 35 year, 3 PAD battle and 18 unsuccessful, serious attempts. That kit and a 19th attempt with some strong juice finally enabled me to power through the cravings. Very surprised it worked. Still very surprised. Will never go back. Welcome, lots a good folks here, a lot of support, and all of them through very similar experience. Congrats on joining the forum, good luck, YOU CAN DO IT! and Vape On!

Secondly, I know you want to start with the basics, it IS overwhelming, but believe me when I say, we ALL went through that, and we mostly all made the same mistakes. The typical learning curve is thus:

1. Go with store bought ecig lookalikes like blu or krave, either disposables or refillables. Realize the battery life SUCKS, the refills cost way too much for the pack-a-day former smoker (blus cost more than smoking analogs!) so we move to the next step..

2. Order an online cheap kit, usually a single set wattage battery, clearomizer, something akin to the ego-C. Doesnt take long to realize that it's MUCH better than option #1, but also start realizing that the system can be way improved upon... Battery dies .. no backup, then back on analogs. My first starter kit was a cheapo, the battery charger fried a battery and died, I was back to analogs for 3-4 days while waiting for replacements to come in (no shop near me)... Finally I ordered a kit like the one I quote above.

3. Realization: Ejuice gets expensive, especially to those of us who burn 4-5ml daily. I went to the DIY forums and went through an equally difficult learning curve, but ultimately that much more rewarding.. now I pay pennies per ML of juice and get the exact flavors *I* want! YMMV. Buying ejuice pre-made is still way cheaper than smoking analogs.

4. Expand on it. Once you have that "510" kit, you can add a lot to it. I tried out several different clearomizers and tanks and found a wonderful variety of delivery systems that customize the experience. The "twist" batteries are a godsend (any variable voltage battery is). I eventually moved off the basic clearomizers and onto the vivi nova tanks and evod tanks.

All that being said- I found that kit in my quote would have been a GREAT money saver for me.. you can customize the order to better batteries and several tanks and not be charged extra (wow!). Get two of everything, and then order a backup 3rd. I can't over-state that enough!!

For what it's worth- I prefer vaping over analogs now.. last analog I had tasted like poison and I put it out after two drags.. I was a 30-year smoker and couldn't stay quit to save my life.. and now I'd rather vape any day.. that is a freekin miracle. If you knew me, you would understand

peteyboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Chicago
get a 650 mah ego twiste with a kanger evod will be a nice carrying set up. the 900 is larger then teh 650 and will last longer but I found mine a little to big to be a carrier.

+1, this is what I recommend to all new vapers, great vape, easy set-up, budget friendly, cant go wrong here. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread