We'retired of leaking tanks......Help please....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
Lemo 3 is vastly improved over Lemo 1 and 2 IMO. No juice control but doesn't need it. I haven't had leaks yet. I know you don't need stock coils but 3 has the option, at least. I'm really enjoying mine so far.

All the screws are a tad fiddly but now that I've been using it, it's not that big of a deal, and I'm a huge klutz. It's really just the two on the side of the cap if you're going to run it mostly (or completely) in RTA mode and it allows the deck to be larger than a lot of 22mm tanks.

Then again, I've really had no trouble with leaking from most of my tanks in normal use. A couple of spots here or there but nothing major unless there was a problem, like a loose bottom of a stock coil coming out and dumping juice through the AFC.

Last edited:
Reactions: MMW

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I taught a class at the senior center snd in 2 1/2 hours it leaked half a tank all over my shirt.

Not good.

I have a drawer full of what might of been exceptional tanks that I ether gave up on or grew tired of. Spoiling a shirt after careful testing is ground for rejection to the drawer.

I don't always use both my Lemo2's but one of them is in my daily rotation. Very reliable. I liked them so much I even got some fake Lemo3's (Lemo2 clones). They did not turn out so good but with a little work I had a 1.8ohm SS430 build in one of them for almost a year.

The funny thing about tanks is that there is never universal approval of them. Some percentage of users are always going to have leaks.

Here's hoping that you and I are not one of them. ;)

schatz

ECF Veteran
    Jan 15, 2014
    Tucson, Arizona , U.S,A
    Every tank I have tried has had a potential for a leak, the wick gets old and lets you know or you wick it wrong in the first place. In five years I never really noticed now I would always have some residue on me, sticky hands or little spots om shirt or pants until the last 3 months since switching to the STMs. I really havent had any leak issues amazingly and have been taking the clean fingers for granted. Every tank has potential for leak but this has been best for me, good luck.

Reactions: GeorgeS
    Every tank I have tried has had a potential for a leak, the wick gets old and lets you know or you wick it wrong in the first place. In five years I never really noticed now I would always have some residue on me, sticky hands or little spots om shirt or pants until the last 3 months since switching to the STMs. I really havent had any leak issues amazingly and have been taking the clean fingers for granted. Every tank has potential for leak but this has been best for me, good luck.

what is an stm? Im intrigued

I just went back into the box o wonders and found an rda that im using now. I forgot how much flavor and vapor you get from these things.
    I have narrowed it down to goliath and billow. ecigcity has them for cheap and with all the reviews it kinda seems a no brainer really. i guess ill get one of each then the wife and I can fight over which one later. lol

thanks for all the help everyone!

our leak issues are more concentrated at the afc ring on our stm's. i have one subtank that is pretty good about not leaking but i really have to watch which way the glass goes in or it will leak. the others seem to start with a seep then it seems to create a siphon drawing the juice out. the on times they leak from the air holes is when they get hot like in a pocket or car. forget using them in the car this time of year....flood, flood, flood...

Reactions: seminolewind
    If a small chamber is the key to flavor, it doesn't get much smaller than the rba of the stm. I vape unflavored so I don't really know.

i always thought the coil and wick style along with airflow combination was the defining factor in flavor.
    EG: clapton wire and air from beneath the coil produced best flavor.

Monotremata

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2014
    Fontana, CA
    monotremata.bandcamp.com
    From the Kayfun Lite V2+ up to the V5, I think the only times one has ever leaked on me was when I didn't put the base of one of my V4s back together right (too many damn parts on that thing), and the one time I tried to top fill the Lite for kicks. The Kayfun is really hard to screw up a build on, its probably the most user friendly atty out there. As for MTL vs DTL hits on them.. The Lite and V4 are definitely MTL machines. The V5 wide open though is just about equal to my Derringer with one side all the way open. Maybe what I do is considered a 'restricted lung hit' whatever that means, but its still spits out some pretty thick vapor with a single 2.5mm 0.8ohm 26ga coil at a 'lowly' 18 watts.

LarryPer

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 28, 2012
    San Diego CA
    From the Kayfun Lite V2+ up to the V5, I think the only times one has ever leaked on me was when I didn't put the base of one of my V4s back together right (too many damn parts on that thing), and the one time I tried to top fill the Lite for kicks. The Kayfun is really hard to screw up a build on, its probably the most user friendly atty out there. As for MTL vs DTL hits on them.. The Lite and V4 are definitely MTL machines. The V5 wide open though is just about equal to my Derringer with one side all the way open. Maybe what I do is considered a 'restricted lung hit' whatever that means, but its still spits out some pretty thick vapor with a single 2.5mm 0.8ohm 26ga coil at a 'lowly' 18 watts.

same here

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread