Wetbox Performance Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACM

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
I just bought a Wetbox this week, and while I like it, I am already noticing a couple of issues. They might be typical of all box mods, but I'd like some opinions from anyone who has a Wetbox and might offer some insight.

1. Battery time is inconsistent. When I first charged the batteries, I enjoyed a solid 12 hours or more of vaping time before I had to switch to the second battery. From then on, I get about 6 hours. Could the batteries be defective? They are high drain 14500 batteries from Nhaler.

2. On Day 1, the throat hit and vapor production were both awesome. By the end of Day 3, not so much. I switched cartomizers and did not notice any improvement. I get an OK throat hit, now, and decent vapor, but I'd say both have decreased by 50%.

3. My first cartomizer lasted three days and now I can barely draw air through it. The second one pulls easily enough, but "whistles", like there's too much air going through it. Is that typical of a cartomizer or does it mean it's defective? (I'm new to cartomizers.)

4. My first cartomizer crackled and popped when I took a drag, but then, right before it got clogged up, the crackling and popping stopped. The second cartomizer never made that sound. I read somewhere that the cracking and popping sound is GOOD, and that it means the cart is working properly. Could that be why this second cart is not producing much of a hit or much vapor?

Thanks for any insight anyone can provide on these issues. I might just be paranoid, seeing how there are lots of negative comments on this forum and elsewhere about Wetbox reliability. I really like the product, and I hope I got a good one. I'd hate to have to go back to refilling and dripping.

ACM

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
OK, so I solved one of my own problems after re-reading the Wetbox instruction sheet. It mentioned the needle getting clogged from time-to-time, so I pushed the included pin into the needle and - viola - the throat hit and vapor production are back to normal.

But I am still curious about the cartomizer issues I mentioned, so if anyone has any thoughts or experience, let me know what you think. It could simply be that they died. After all, I have read that the average life span of carts is about 2-3 days, anyway.

Funhippie

Aug 15, 2010
St. Louis
Glad you solved one of your problems :) I've been using cartomizers almost exclusively since I started vaping almost 8 weeks ago.

3. Yes its normal for a carto to whistle but usually sounds more like sucking air through a straw. If you used your first carto for 3 days straight then it most probably needs cleaned if you want to try using it again. If you want to clean your cartos then check out MistressNomad's videos in the newbie section. Its a sticky thread. You can clean and reuse some cartos several times. I've only had a few go bad on me so far.

4. Crackling and popping is normal for a lot of cartos. Some do it a lot others not at all. I've not found much difference in performance based on if they make noises or not.

Hope this helps a bit. I'm getting my Wetbox in a few weeks. Then you can answer my questions lol. :D

bones25

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
State of Texas
Cartos get clogged after 5-8 mls go thru them. If refilling from the top....dropping liquid in filler with rubber cap off, mine will leak very dark fluid from the bottom if they need to be cleaned...that is for plain kr808 cartos or premiums. The turbos, high resistence type, don't really leak much....the carbon builds up in the tube. Take a paper clip and put thru bottom battery side and they will be gunky when removed....I ream them out some and try to use again. You can try to clean these with hot water bath or everclear and let them dry out for a while and may get more use out of them, but I tend to throw them out when the draw is too hard. I have started spinning mine after using them....put condom on top side and spin top side down in battery sleeve, if more than 1/4 condom of liquid spins out, they are probably burnt inside and not wicking properly. Pull the filler out with tweezers, and you will see the burnt places. If I get more than 1/4 condom of liquid out when spinning after using, I do this and then I save the carto for using as an atty in case of a ban. Just rinse out the carto, blow, let dry and save for later.

ACM

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
All good, solid tips. I will follow your advice. Even if 2-3 days of life is all I can really expect, $10 a week is still cheaper than smoking, so I guess I can't complain.

I wonder if anyone knows of any specific brand of 510 cartos (or have had really good luck with longer lasting cartos from a specific vendor.) I don't suppose this is the part of the forum to post recommendations like that, but if anyone has any, feel free to PM me.

bones1274

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
florida
I just order the generic 510 cartos from clouds of vapor. My cartos last 2-3 weeks before they die. I clean them out every 2 days with the hot water/blowing method and they are good as new after they dry. I clean my bottle and needle each time it runs dry. Never have a problem with cartos dying in a few days or gunked up needles. I love my wetbox and have had zero issues after a month.

ACM

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
You know, I just got a batch of generic 510 cartos from AZSmokeFree, and they are so far outlasting the Joye cartos I've been buying. I've been switching three off and on, since I've been rotating flavors, and they've all held up for the week. Keeping my fingers crossed. Of course, I also switched to juice from Backwoods Brew, and it might be that their juice is not as think as the juice I had been using. Either way, at the moment, I am enjoying a longer lasting carto, so I'm happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread