What am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldfatguy

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2011
Texas
This may be on here but have not found it. I just got the ego setup and everytime I fill the cartomizer I get a leak through the bottom. I leave the bottom cap on while filling but after filling I remove that to screw it onto the battery and there is a lot of liquid (lot being relative). I do not know if I am filling wrong, or if I have a defective cartomizer. I do not fill past the fill hole with the needle. Any ideas? thanks

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
This may be on here but have not found it. I just got the ego setup and everytime I fill the cartomizer I get a leak through the bottom. I leave the bottom cap on while filling but after filling I remove that to screw it onto the battery and there is a lot of liquid (lot being relative). I do not know if I am filling wrong, or if I have a defective cartomizer. I do not fill past the fill hole with the needle. Any ideas? thanks

Hey oldfat guy what kind of carto are you using?

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I had problems with the ego mega cartos and they are a pain to fill. I only used it once or twice. I might suggest the new echo-e carto. It is the best I've used on an ego. It holds about 2.5 ml and is very easy to fill with no leaking. They are new and hard to find but you can get them here Echo-e Cartomizer | Cropduster901.com.

melloyello

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
usa
are you filling into the padding on the side or into the center tube?

i havent heard of a carto that passes the liquid straight through the filler and drips out the bottom....unless you over fill it. try dripping into the filler from the top, one drop at a time until you get 1 drop out of the bottom....let the carto sit on a paper towel for a minute or 2 with the threaded end down - wipe off the threads free from liquid - scrw it on the battery and give it a drag. (no need to have the condom on the bottom when you are filling from the top)

hope that helps.

Last edited:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada

Did you pierce the membrane that covers the batting? This is quite an ordeal. It takes quite a bit of force using a paper clip to do so.

SABOTEUR

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Baltimore MD USA
I've never used the attys that came with my eGo kit...have always used lr cartos, which hold approx. 20 drops of juice.

I drip 10 drops into the condom and insert the battery thread side down into the condom. Then I drip 10 more drops into the filler material via the top. I'm careful NOT to drip directly into the center of the cart to avoid gurgling and overflow.

Works like a champ.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread