What am I experiencing here (help with tank upgrade)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

edacsac

Jan 7, 2015
For background, I buy my juices 0mg nicotine, then add my own. at first I was using 40mg/ml nicotine base, but later purchased 100mg/ml. I usually mix a 5ml bottle at a time. Under the 40mg/ml base, I'd put 18 drops in my mix, and it was good balance between nicotine intake and how much I wanted to vape to cover the physical part of the smoking habit. at 100mg/ml it is 3 drops, maybe 4 if I don't think I can vape as frequently.

Moved from Aspire CT-S (I believe it is) to a Lemo Drop. Same mix, but two hits and I'm nauseous. Was going through the jiuce pretty quick as well. I adjusted airflow, and I'm good now with a bit lighter than I'd like MTL, but good enough. Still, two hits and nauseous. At about the point of a refill and my mix bttle being half full, I topped it off with just flavor, cutting the nic level in half. Two hits, nauseous. And what is unusual, even though the same two hits are making me nauseous, one fill of the Lemo drop at 2.7ml is lasting 3+ days, where the aspire equipment/fluid amount was lasting just about a full day.

so what do you think is going on here? Considering I'm consuming 1/3 the fluid I was before, and my nicotine level has been halved, I'm not thinking it's nausea from nicotine.

Spending my day nauseous is surely keeping me away from cigarettes, but it's not exactly pleasant.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Sure sounds like too much nic for your system...

I'll suggest you track down ejuicemeup or similar calculator, get some accurate measuring devices (not all DROPS are the same size!) and keep notes as you mix. And, depending on the flavor, thinning with that may be part of the problem as well.

Keep in mind, too, that the more vapor per draw, the more nic per draw.

edacsac

Jan 7, 2015
3 drops of 100mg/ml in 5 mls should not be enough to make one nic sick and once cut in half I just can't see it. Something else must be going on. Possibly the flavoring in your liquid?/?/? Just throwing this out there.

Maybe juice that is good on one type of equipment is no longer good on another. I try to set things up so I can vape to a similar duration as a cigarette.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Maybe juice that is good on one type of equipment is no longer good on another. I try to set things up so I can vape to a similar duration as a cigarette.
I have found that to be true. Juice does Taste different in different toppers for me but still shouldn't cause you to feel nic sick from just changing to a different topper 'specially with it being as low as it would be at just 1 1/2 drops of 100mg/ml you say you have after cutting the 3 drop juice you started with.

edacsac

Jan 7, 2015
Dude you went from 1.8Ω tank to a subohm tank...people usually go with 3-6mg nic sub-ohming and you're tooting, god knows what nic level, that's just nuts

So you're sure that if I install a 1.5 coil, I won't introduce another variable? I'm going to do this tonight, plus I'm going to halve the nicotine strength again.

Rabbit Slayer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
Scottsdale, AZ
So you're sure that if I install a 1.5 coil, I won't introduce another variable? I'm going to do this tonight, plus I'm going to halve the nicotine strength again.
Can't say for sure but I still enjoy 12mg for 80% of my daily vaping but find even 6mg in the sub-ohm tank a bit much at times

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
For background, I buy my juices 0mg nicotine, then add my own. at first I was using 40mg/ml nicotine base, but later purchased 100mg/ml. I usually mix a 5ml bottle at a time. Under the 40mg/ml base, I'd put 18 drops in my mix, and it was good balance between nicotine intake and how much I wanted to vape to cover the physical part of the smoking habit. at 100mg/ml it is 3 drops, maybe 4 if I don't think I can vape as frequently.

Moved from Aspire CT-S (I believe it is) to a Lemo Drop. Same mix, but two hits and I'm nauseous. Was going through the jiuce pretty quick as well. I adjusted airflow, and I'm good now with a bit lighter than I'd like MTL, but good enough. Still, two hits and nauseous. At about the point of a refill and my mix bttle being half full, I topped it off with just flavor, cutting the nic level in half. Two hits, nauseous. And what is unusual, even though the same two hits are making me nauseous, one fill of the Lemo drop at 2.7ml is lasting 3+ days, where the aspire equipment/fluid amount was lasting just about a full day.

so what do you think is going on here? Considering I'm consuming 1/3 the fluid I was before, and my nicotine level has been halved, I'm not thinking it's nausea from nicotine.

Spending my day nauseous is surely keeping me away from cigarettes, but it's not exactly pleasant.

I think the problem is you don't know what wattage you are vaping.

When you double your wattage you need to half the nicotine strength.

You probably quadrupled the wattage and you don't know.

Rabbit Slayer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
Scottsdale, AZ
The wattage on my istick says 7.2 watts right now. Is that not accurate? I have essentially doubled my wattage, and I've been floating between 7 and 12 watts. On the other equipment I was hanging around 4-6 watts.
is that what you vape the, I'm guessing, ET-S at or the Lemo drop?

sanguinesolitude

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2015
I would definitely calculate your nicotine. get a graduated syringe and measure exactly how much you are looking for. use steam-engine.org or something similar to calculate. free measuring with drops and guesswork sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. I want to know exactly how much nicotine is in each juice.

if you went from a clearo to a subohm tank you will be getting bigger clouds and more nic per hit. May want to consider lowering your target nicotine. I usually lunghit subohm at 6mg nicotine, and even then i sometimes get a little light headed. Considering dropping closer to 3mg for my next batch of juice. You jumped to twice the wattage and likely are getting twice as much vapor, thus twice the nicotine. That combined with your rough estimates of nicotine with a higher percent solution is probably your issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread